X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mess
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    They play the right way on both sides of the floor, and Russel isn’t garbage, he’s a smart player who was put in a pretty awful position in LA. Kenny Atkinson is a very good coach and he’s got his team playing to the best of their abilities every game so far in the pre season and that’s enough to win a bit less than half your games when teams are going to come in and expect a walk in the park.
    People tend to forget how much heavy lifting Brook Lopez did for them last year.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrydenB
    replied

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    thead wrote: View Post
    I am just gonna go for it.... Perfect season 82-0

Leave a comment:

• thead
    replied
    I am just gonna go for it.... Perfect season 82-0

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    40? Brooklyn is the most overrated team this summer imo. People like "they'll be better.." how? Russell is garbage
    They play the right way on both sides of the floor, and Russel isn’t garbage, he’s a smart player who was put in a pretty awful position in LA. Kenny Atkinson is a very good coach and he’s got his team playing to the best of their abilities every game so far in the pre season and that’s enough to win a bit less than half your games when teams are going to come in and expect a walk in the park.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    40? Brooklyn is the most overrated team this summer imo. People like "they'll be better.." how? Russell is garbage

Leave a comment:

• tDotted
    replied
    But they got the JYD 2.0 now!!!

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post
    I think Brooklyn is gonna be alright. I could see them winning as many as 35-40 games if everything goes right for them. Also as little as 25 if things don’t go well for them.

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    I think Brooklyn is gonna be alright. I could see them winning as many as 35-40 games if everything goes right for them. Also as little as 25 if things don’t go well for them.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Other Scott wrote: View Post
    I'm not trusting that model all that much Dan. Clippers at 58 wins? Does it know that Nic Batum is going to be injured for a few months?

That said I think a team that is going to be better than people think is the Atlanta Hawks. I know that they have reason to tank, but most people are predicting a 20 win drop. Do people really see Millsap, Hardaway and the husk of Dwight Howard being worth 20 games?
    No, it doesn't. As I outlined in some detail in the OP, the model has as few of my own assumptions as possible. It takes a direct pro-rate of last year's minutes.

My concern is as soon as I start fiddling with stuff like that, I can make the numbers dance to get results that "look right" to me, which kind of defeats the purpose.

Leave a comment:

• Other Scott
    replied
    I'm not trusting that model all that much Dan. Clippers at 58 wins? Does it know that Nic Batum is going to be injured for a few months?

That said I think a team that is going to be better than people think is the Atlanta Hawks. I know that they have reason to tank, but most people are predicting a 20 win drop. Do people really see Millsap, Hardaway and the husk of Dwight Howard being worth 20 games?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    If simmons and embiid are health, combined with jj Reddick, covington, fultz, amir johnson...no way philly doesn't win 30 plus and improve from last year
    Big ifs. But I agree, I think they exceed the predicted total, because the model assumes that players who only play 30 games will continue to only play 30 games.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    If simmons and embiid are health, combined with jj Reddick, covington, fultz, amir johnson...no way philly doesn't win 30 plus and improve from last year

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    A 32 win team making the playoffs, lol. The East is wretched.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X