Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Raptor are you the most eager to see play, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Raptor are you the most eager to see play, and why?

Trying to get us a bit excited about the season that's coming, I was wondering which one of the Raptors' players you guys were the most eager to see play this year and why!

For me, it is definitely Norman Powell. I'm pretty sure he is going to have a huge season, and I'm also pretty sure he'll average more PPG than Ross as ever been with the Raps, whether or not he is a starter.

I think the guy is going to be ready for whatever opportunity he has, and now, with first Ross, then Carroll and Tucker all gone and (pretty much) only replaced by CJ Miles alone, at least on the depth chart, Powell will probably respond and be something special for us. I think he averages at least 12 points a game this season.
    The Vet Big-3; Demar, Kyle and Serge
    4.26%
    Jonas Valanciunas
    4.26%
    Norman Powell
    2.13%
    OG Anunoby
    29.79%
    Delon Wright
    14.89%
    Bruno Caboclo
    19.15%
    CJ Miles
    8.51%
    Paskal Siakam
    4.26%
    Jakob Poeltl
    10.64%
    Other
    2.13%
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Thu Aug 3, 2017, 01:05 AM.

OG anunoby. I wanna see how he looks on an NBA court

Comment

Bruno.

He's going into what can be considered his rookie year, he's got an NBA ready body now & is getting a chance to play for Team Brazil. This is his chance to show himself on a NBA court. I hope he blossoms.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

OG and Bruno are good picks. As is Norm stepping into a larger role.

I'm definitely biased here but I'm pretty excited to see JV get to play beside a real starting PF, and see how good the team can look to start games.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I'm definitely biased here but I'm pretty excited to see JV get to play beside a real starting PF, and see how good the team can look to start games.
          I really hope JV playing beside an actual good starting PF makes him look and play better. I also hope you're right and we actually start games better now. No more Carroll and no more Pascal or Scola should definitely help. You're high on Bruno? Why is that? I only ask because he hasn't shown much of anything yet. Do you think he'll get some non garbage minutes this season finally?
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
            I really hope JV playing beside an actual good starting PF makes him look and play better. I also hope you're right and we actually start games better now. No more Carroll and no more Pascal or Scola should definitely help. You're high on Bruno? Why is that? I only ask because he hasn't shown much of anything yet. Do you think he'll get some non garbage minutes this season finally?
            No idea if Bruno will get minutes. But it's more likely this year than any other year before now. He seems built to excel in a small 3+D role, so he could get a shot if the team does struggle with big wings and PF depth. I don't even know if I'm high on him - I just want to see him play real minutes.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Delon. He's the only one where I think we might have legitimately upgraded the position through this "youth movement" thing. I think he could be way better than Cory defensively with his length and versatility at 6'5 and offensively will play a different, pass-first style which should be great. That's why I'd like to see him play more with JV though to give him a better roll option that he'll actually look for first rather than looking for his own shot like Lowry/DeMar do.

Comment

OG. I think they're banking on him being able to play spot minutes at some point this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking forward to seeing :

CJ Miles shoot the corner 3 or any 3 for that matter with confidence. He may not make 40% of them but hope he won't pass them up or look hesitant taking them. Love ppat but he looked like his confidence in his shot was gone.

Seeing Poeltl,Siakam, Wright more than hold their own this year. Wright is a very tall and mobile player at the point. He looks ready to step into his next challenge as the first guard off the bench and his size is going to give shorter guards problems on both ends of the floor. Jacob can run the floor and has good soft hands. While he doesn't have the brute force JV has he is going to get rebounds because he understands positioning and box outs. Looking forward to him being an 8 and 6 second year guy with room to get better.
                  Siakam is going to bring speed, a better outside shot and better switches on defence in year two. This is the year the development investment pays dividends.
                  Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Aug 3, 2017, 10:16 AM.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

All the young guys, most especially OG and Delon.

Reason: defense. Lots of defense.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Yep, people seem to forget how a major motivation in acquiring Ibaka specifically was the belief that he is one of the best front court pairings with JV. Hopefully after an offseason they gel more and build something.

Im super excited for OG though, fits a need/role as soon as he can play, and I'd say he has more potential than any other young guy.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                        Delon. He's the only one where I think we might have legitimately upgraded the position through this "youth movement" thing. I think he could be way better than Cory defensively with his length and versatility at 6'5 and offensively will play a different, pass-first style which should be great. That's why I'd like to see him play more with JV though to give him a better roll option that he'll actually look for first rather than looking for his own shot like Lowry/DeMar do.
                        Wright for me too.

Lowry's minutes have to drop, and Cojo was regarded as one of the best backup PGs in the game. Wright's got some decent sized shoes to fill.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Wright for me too.

Lowry's minutes have to drop, and Cojo was regarded as one of the best backup PGs in the game. Wright's got some decent sized shoes to fill.
                          Lowry's on a short term deal and Casey is playing to win. It would be great if Lowry's minutes dropped. But I'll believe it when I see it.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                            Yep, people seem to forget how a major motivation in acquiring Ibaka specifically was the belief that he is one of the best front court pairings with JV. Hopefully after an offseason they gel more and build something.

Im super excited for OG though, fits a need/role as soon as he can play, and I'd say he has more potential than any other young guy.
                            I can all but guarantee if OG was given the minutes Demarre had the last 2 years, he'd easily surpass his numbers across the board. How did that waste of space average 30 mins and then 26 this past season?

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Wright for me too.

His minutes are going to increase. Casey trusted CoJo a lot and still played Kyle insane minutes. Wright hasn't earned that trust yet so I expect Lowry to be playing even more unless Delon can really impress Casey early.

Comment

Working...
                              X