Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Raptor are you the most eager to see play, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebrian wrote: View Post
    I can't believe someone said we're not giving Bruno a fair shake! He's in his 4th year! I wonder if there were Pistons/Grizzlies fans still holding out for Darko/Thabeet to turn things around after 3 years...

The guy I'm looking forward most to seeing the most is CJ Miles. Yes, there's nothing that exciting about him, but he fills a role we desperately need. I'm also interested in seeing if he ends up being yet another veteran free agent signing that ends up sucking.. we've had so many (Carroll, Linas Kleiza, Landry Fields, Jason Kapono, Hedo Turkoglu, etc).
    I wasn't talking to everyone, I was homing in on TRex. He's never, ever liked Bruno as a player. Yet the intangibles, skillset & dedication is there in him & you can see that if you watched him play for the 905. Rex hasn't obviously.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

...another veteran free agent signing that ends up sucking.. we've had so many (Carroll, Linas Kleiza, Landry Fields, Jason Kapono, Hedo Turkoglu, etc).
        Fields was good. Always moving and created a lot of opportunities. His elbow was screwed. It didn't show up until half-way through his first season. Not the fault of anyone on staff. Giving him too large a contract was a bad move, but that has nothing to do with Landry's ability and bball IQ. He would have been a big help to the team without the elbow issue.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
          Fields was good. Always moving and created a lot of opportunities. His elbow was screwed. It didn't show up until half-way through his first season. Not the fault of anyone on staff. Giving him too large a contract was a bad move, but that has nothing to do with Landry's ability and bball IQ. He would have been a big help to the team without the elbow issue.
          This is very true. Had Landry stayed healthy, he'd still be playing in the NBA. Why else do you think he's a coach now.... with the SPURS, no less?
          Axel wrote:
          Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
          KeonClark wrote:
          We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
          KeonClark wrote:
          I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I can't believe someone said we're not giving Bruno a fair shake! He's in his 4th year! I wonder if there were Pistons/Grizzlies fans still holding out for Darko/Thabeet to turn things around after 3 years...

The guy I'm looking forward most to seeing the most is CJ Miles. Yes, there's nothing that exciting about him, but he fills a role we desperately need. I'm also interested in seeing if he ends up being yet another veteran free agent signing that ends up sucking.. we've had so many (Carroll, Linas Kleiza, Landry Fields, Jason Kapono, Hedo Turkoglu, etc).
            Lol what? Darko and Thabeet were picked 2nd overall in their respective drafts. Bruno was picked 20th and from the start was said to have been a project and a player who won't be ready for at least a few seasons. He was basically a high school level player when he was drafted, which is why he was said to be "2 years away from being 2 years away.

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
              I wasn't talking to everyone, I was homing in on TRex. He's never, ever liked Bruno as a player. Yet the intangibles, skillset & dedication is there in him & you can see that if you watched him play for the 905. Rex hasn't obviously.
              Intangibles? skillset? lol what the fuck are you talking about? we're talking about the same player here right?

I don't see any skillset or intangibles that you're talking about lol. I mean, he's got long arms......
              Last edited by The Great One; Fri Aug 4, 2017, 12:16 PM.
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Even if Bruno is ready for spot minutes, he's not going to see any real playing time with the team

Comment

He's still technically "a year away"
                  9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Bruno/OG - someone has to shine as our 10th man/backup 3.

Comment

CJ Miles is an interesting choice, because if he can't make his shots then we can say conclusively that our system isn't shooter friendly.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        CJ Miles is an interesting choice, because if he can't make his shots then we can say conclusively that our system isn't shooter friendly.
                        Ross shot high 30s on almost 5 attempts per game while he was here. If Miles is shooting poorly it's because he has either declined as a shooter or wasn't elite in the first place. Do think it's important to point out last year is the only season in his career where he shot 40%+

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                          Ross shot high 30s on almost 5 attempts per game while he was here. If Miles is shooting poorly it's because he has either declined as a shooter or wasn't elite in the first place. Do think it's important to point out last year is the only season in his career where he shot 40%+
                          True, but Ross' 3-Pt % fell off the map in the playoffs, to low 30's. Same thing happened to Patterson the last 2 playoffs. Same thing happened to PJ and Ibaka last season (i.e. 3-pt shooting dipped sharply from regular season to playoffs), albeit smaller sample.

Comment

Yep. I'm also interested in how many 3s he'll put up here. We don't shoot a lot of threes but CJ's been one of the best volume shooters for some years.

Comment

True, but Ross' 3-Pt % fell off the map in the playoffs, to low 30's. Same thing happened to Patterson the last 2 playoffs. Same thing happened to PJ and Ibaka last season (i.e. 3-pt shooting dipped sharply from regular season to playoffs), albeit smaller sample.
                              Well we know our system is horrible in the playoffs. Also CJ Miles hasn't ever really played that well in the playoffs efficiency wise so he probably will fall off a cliff come that time
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I voted for Delon. He's stepping into a big role as the primary back up to Lowry and 3rd year players generally start to show what they are capable of

Comment

Working...
                                X