Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Raptor are you the most eager to see play, and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm interested in seeing Ibaka's impact over the full 82, especially since losing Tucker. Also, he and Lowry really had no chemistry last spring. Can they develop something to get easy baskets in the two man game?
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Really think the Miles expectations should be tempered. He's a good, not great shooter and he's average at best defensively, arguably below average (I really don't think he's much better defensively than DeMar). Doesn't really offer anything else.

Comment

I also want to say I'm excited for Poeltl in addition to Delon. I really think he has a lot of potential especially on the defensive end of the floor.

Comment

It's pretty exciting how much action our youth brigade is due for in general. You can pencil Powell, Delon, Poeltl, and Siakam in for major minutes. Then Bruno is up against a trio of other rangy young forwards at the very end of the rotation.

Casey is all but forced to go young.

Comment

Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
            Really think the Miles expectations should be tempered. He's a good, not great shooter and he's average at best defensively, arguably below average (I really don't think he's much better defensively than DeMar). Doesn't really offer anything else.
            I think he'll provide some veteran stability and much needed shooting off the bench. Delon + Miles is a nice backup backcourt, with Delon running a lot of pick and roll and Miles spotting up.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              I think he'll provide some veteran stability and much needed shooting off the bench. Delon + Miles is a nice backup backcourt, with Delon running a lot of pick and roll and Miles spotting up.
              I still have this feeling Miles will be starting. I just know Casey. Veteran who spaces the floor is like his all time favourite type of players. I will be in utter shock if Norman actually starts. Norman should start but because of that he wont.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

I'm excited for Wright. I was hoping he'd have gotten alot more playing time the last two seasons. Hard to supplant Cojo, but I thought he had more potential and looks to be a pure point guard. Him getting regular minutes will be fun. Hopefully his shot has improved as well, and if so, we likely upgraded the backup PG spot.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Fields was good. Always moving and created a lot of opportunities. His elbow was screwed. It didn't show up until half-way through his first season. Not the fault of anyone on staff. Giving him too large a contract was a bad move, but that has nothing to do with Landry's ability and bball IQ. He would have been a big help to the team without the elbow issue.
                  Landry Fields' elbow still fits the bill of free agent signings that went awry. Carroll and his knee. Kleiza and his knee. Hedo and his pizza. Not faulting a specific staff member, but shit happens to us all the time in this area of player acquisition which makes me intrigued about how the CJ Miles signing works out.
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    ... but shit happens to us all the time in this area of player acquisition which makes me intrigued about how the CJ Miles signing works out.
                    I guess I don't believe there is any kind of a curse on the Raptors. Some times shot happens, but sometimes it doesn't. I choose to believe the Miles signing will work out.��

Comment

Puffer, your positivity is your right and it's always been refreshing. I hope the Miles signing does work out.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                        I don't know why people think Miles is going to come off the bench.

Carroll was starting over Powell and he was really bad, Miles is supposed to be the better player and he's coming from being a starter in Indiana, plus he's being paid a not insignificant amount of money. Plus he's actually a SF while Powell isn't.

He is definitely going to start.

Comment

Always excited to see what we get out of our new rookie.. so OG will be my pick. A draft pick can single-handily turn a franchise around. I don't think OG will do that, but who knows?

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Always excited to see what we get out of our new rookie.. so OG will be my pick. A draft pick can single-handily turn a franchise around. I don't think OG will do that, but who knows?
                            With Raptor's Carrol knee injury recovery saga and OG being a rookie I'd not be surprised that they bring him along real slow. Also its unlikely he'll get much training camp play or maybe even contact drills so learning the Raptors' system will also set him back some more. Realistically he'll likely get a long stint with the 905 and depending how his knee responds and his overall 905 performance, he'll be lucky to see limited minutes until the last quarter of the season. It's not that I'm negative on OG its just that I think the expectations for his general impact this coming season needs to be greatly tempered.

Comment

OG is the runaway favourite so far on the poll, but Bruno holding onto Second Place.
                              Seems none of us can let that dream die... And nor should we! Brazilian Kevin Durant!

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
                                All the young guys, most especially OG and Delon.

Reason: defense. Lots of defense.
                                This.

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X