Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything 2018 NBA Draft

Because why not?

So is Marvin Bagley officially part of this draft? pretty good draft class with Porter Jr,, Bagley, Bamba, Ayton and Doncic.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft
    Mamba Mentality

You might find this thread a little dead this year, since we don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick in this draft.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
      You might find this thread a little dead this year, since we don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick in this draft.
      Yet!

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        Yet!
        If we don't spend the money we got back for CoJo I believe, then we be able to buy a low 1st rounder or a high 2nd rounder from someone. My bet is that unlike Colangelo, Masai is more determined to acquire a pick if he she's someone he likes for a bargain.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          If we don't spend the money we got back for CoJo I believe, then we be able to buy a low 1st rounder or a high 2nd rounder from someone. My bet is that unlike Colangelo, Masai is more determined to acquire a pick if he she's someone he likes for a bargain.
          Or if there's a particular player he thinks will become a superstar that he can get without destroying the team (e.g. Masai's serious attempt to trade for a mid-first in 2013 to draft Giannis Antetokounmpo).

Comment

We didn't get any cash in the Joseph trade. The trick is being able to acquire a pick with cash - teams have been asking for like 3-5M for second rounders of late.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I mean in every presser Masai talks about how important draft and development is with the new CBA, but at the same time he pretty much decided that Raps are all in for the next 3 years. Seems like the only way Raps end up in this draft, excluding buying a pick, is if one of the young guys plays well enough to make a starter expendable.

Comment

Raps basically have 8 players on rookie contracts. I know there's always an opportunity cost but their farm system can survive a year with no additions. If anything with the introduction of 2 way contracts and stuff, picking this year to forgo picks will minimize the loss a little bit.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

magoon wrote: View Post
                  Or if there's a particular player he thinks will become a superstar that he can get without destroying the team (e.g. Masai's serious attempt to trade for a mid-first in 2013 to draft Giannis Antetokounmpo).
                  So depressing that we missed out on him.

He's going to be the closest thing to LBJ and we might have got lucky this past year but this next one Giannis is going to be just too much for any team in the East not named the Cavs. As for a player like that ironically his brother KOSTAS fits that to a tee. Crazy thing is, is that they claim that he is even taller, more athletic and more skilled at the same age...yet no one is talking about him yet. Another reason why I hate this stupid half measure Masai did of bringing back our "Medium 3" of KL, DD and Ibaka.

While not as deep as this past one, the top end of this draft is just ridiculous....

Michael Porter Jr
                  Kevin Knox
                  Kostas Antentokounmpo
                  Luka Doncic
                  Marvin Bagley
                  DeAndre Ayton
                  Mo Bamba
                  Colin Sexton
                  Trevon Duval

That's just who's well known now. There will be at least a few other players that step up. Billy Preston stands out the most to me and possibly Wendall Carter. This was a good year to tank too. Oh well, at least we have another 1st rd win to look forward to /greenfont

Comment

Bagley or Porter Jr?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                        X