Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Combining the Raptors with another team, Can we beat the Cavs? Warriors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combining the Raptors with another team, Can we beat the Cavs? Warriors?

okay so its the offseason, lets play a game. combing two teams together, lets see if we have enough fire power to beat the Warriors and Cavs

ONLY RULE: you can not combine two playoff team together (Ex. Raps+Bos). Team A needs to be a team who was in the playoffs last year and Team B has to be a team from the Lottery.

Team A - Raptors
    Team B - Pelicans

New Roster:
    Lowry - Jrue Hoilday
    DeRozan -Norman Powell
    CJ Mills - Solomon Hils
    Davis - Serge Ibaka
    Cousins - Jonas V.

I think this team beats Cavs in 5: Way tooooo deep, and no one can handle Davis or Cousins down low

I think this team loses to Warriors in 7: Durant factor
    Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Abbas wrote: View Post
    okay so its the offseason, lets play a game. combing two teams together, lets see if we have enough fire power to beat the Warriors and Cavs

ONLY RULE: you can not combine two playoff team together (Ex. Raps+Bos). Team A needs to be a team who was in the playoffs last year and Team B has to be a team from the Lottery.

Team A - Raptors
    Team B - Pelicans

New Roster:
    Lowry - Jrue Hoilday
    DeRozan -Norman Powell
    CJ Mills - Solomon Hils
    Davis - Serge Ibaka
    Cousins - Jonas V.

I think this team beats Cavs in 5: Way tooooo deep, and no one can handle Davis or Cousins down low

I think this team loses to Warriors in 7: Durant factor
    I think that team would beat the warriors. People are forgetting how amazing Anthony Davis is. He is a generational talent and would dominate the warriors. He could guard KD, KD probably couldn't guard him. Demarcus Cousins, if in the right mindset, would also dominate the warriors. The Demar fit is questionable with this team but Davis and Cousins don't need the ball all the time. Probably stagger Lowry and Cousins with Demar and Davis for most of the game.

Comment

I know the pelicans have three very good players but I would go with the spurs because our biggest hole is the three and Leonard is a top five player in the league. Green is steady Aldridge is my main concern is aldridge who just is not the same guy that was in portland. Another good choice would be the wolf's. Towns is special,Wiggens, and butler Teague add near all star type depth gorgul dieng is a two way player as well. Gibson could be a energy rebounder as well.

I also considered Huston but wondered if we would get a answer at the three although Ariza and tucker are better than anyone we presently have. They would certainly add a lot of offense and three point shooting.
      Last edited by rightsideup; Tue Aug 8, 2017, 02:01 AM.

Comment

I'd do the Spurs too especially if we can have Popovich coaching with Casey as his assistant. Kawhi is a top 5 player in the league, and we could start Aldridge next to Ibaka. Kyle-DeMar-Kawhi-Aldridge-Ibaka would be a pretty damn fearsome lineup. And we'd have a great bench with Parker-Powell-Miles-Gasol-JV.

Edit: OKC could be interesting as well imo. Move Westbrook to the two and run Kyle-Westbrook-George-Ibaka-Adams and bring both DeMar and JV off the bench for a ton of scoring there. Could also go small to close games with Kyle-Westbrook-DeMar-George-Ibaka.
        Last edited by Shaolin Fantastic; Tue Aug 8, 2017, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Spurs, okc, etc... Would all be great

But REMEMBER

the only rule in this game; playoffs types cannot combine with eachother. It has to be to lottery team+playoffs, or lottery+lottery.
          Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

Raptors & Nuggets if were going the rules Abbas set in place. Lowry-DeRozan-Chandler-Ibaka-Jokic.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

How about Raptors and Minny:

Lowry-Teague
                Derozan-Wiggins
                Jimmy Butler-Norman Powell
                Ibaka
                Karl Anthony Town--JV

That's a solid squad.

Comment

Rockets + Minny is the obvious choice.

CP3 / Harden / Butler / Doesn't Matter / Towns

That's good enough to take down anybody.

Comment

Does Minny even count? Butler and Teague should make them a playoff team now. Or are we going with rosters from the 2016-2017 season?

If we go by rosters from 2016-2017 season then it would be one of New Orleans, NY or Philly. A guy like Davis, Zinger or Embiid added to our current team would beat the Lebrons. We'd still lose to GSW though.

Comment

Abbas wrote: View Post
                      Spurs, okc, etc... Would all be great

But REMEMBER

the only rule in this game; playoffs types cannot combine with eachother. It has to be to lottery team+playoffs, or lottery+lottery.
                      i apologize you were very specific I guess my suggestion of the wolves is the only one that meets the criteria but they may be even a better suggestion than the spurs and rockets if wiggins and towns turn it up defensively.
                      Last edited by rightsideup; Tue Aug 8, 2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Easy:

Raptors and Sixers.

Embiid
                        Ibaka
                        Simmons
                        DeRozan
                        Lowry
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Does Minny even count? Butler and Teague should make them a playoff team now. Or are we going with rosters from the 2016-2017 season?

If we go by rosters from 2016-2017 season then it would be one of New Orleans, NY or Philly. A guy like Davis, Zinger or Embiid added to our current team would beat the Lebrons. We'd still lose to GSW though.
                          you do not see the pelicans gelling and being a low playoff seed? Embid is just a monster but can he stay healthy. I wish him well he does so many things well despite his lack of nba experience.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                            Easy:

Raptors and Sixers.

Embiid
                            Ibaka
                            Simmons
                            DeRozan
                            Lowry
                            Towns and Butler >>>>>>> Rookie and oft injured sophomore
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

But a healthy Embiid >>>>>>> Towns
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                              X