Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted to say a quick, "Hello." Any other RealGm alumni here?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Scraptor wrote: View Post
    The big problem with that faction business is that it becomes totally binary (people are unable to see the benefits of alternate strategies) and leads to massive bickering. People became very condescending/combative on RealGM and I would hope that anyone who comes over from there doesn't bring the same attitude with them.
    It carries on long after the arguments though. These things drag out for years after important decisions.

    If one faction eats crow (usually 'team tank' considering the history of the Raptors organization), they become very scorned.

    Almost like Anti-Raptors Raptors fans.

    They become hyper critical of controversial moves, in hopes they can regain some moxie and confidence in their decision making.

    The optimism in current rookies seems to be ultra low among these fans, opposed to the other faction.

    On the flip, the 'winning' faction becomes more frivolous and excited to take risks in hopes of getting lucky again.

    Neither strategy is the sure fire approach, but I've noticed that 'team tank' seems to remain negative long after crucial decisions, while the other side appears to relish winning basketball and moments like the ECF longer, and wish to get back there without dwelling on having a championship calibre team.

    Comment


    • #17
      Welcome to the Republic! You made the right decision coming here.



      RealGM Sucks

      Comment


      • #18
        Before we officially allow you into our circle, we must first ask: Yes or no to pineapple on pizza?
        OG is our king

        Comment


        • #19
          consmap wrote: View Post
          Before we officially allow you into our circle, we must first ask: Yes or no to pineapple on pizza?
          Some posters just want to watch the world burn.

          Comment


          • #20
            consmap wrote: View Post
            Before we officially allow you into our circle, we must first ask: Yes or no to pineapple on pizza?
            There was never a consensus yes or no on that question though, consmap. Not a fair Q IMO.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

            Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

            Comment


            • #21
              consmap wrote: View Post
              Before we officially allow you into our circle, we must first ask: Yes or no to pineapple on pizza?

              Comment


              • #22
                Where would the culinary arts be without some freedom of expression and experimentation with flavor combinations? Food is chemistry and pineapple pizza is now something that exists and is legally enjoyed by millions. Even if I personally don't enjoy certain foods it's not my place to tell others what combination of legal ingredients are acceptable or not for their own bodies.

                Next question.

                Yes, you in the Jamario Moon jersey. No, sir. Not you in the Milt Palacio jersey. Please tell me that's ironic. Ew. Is that a Michael Curry jersey I see in the back there? Was that custom made? On second thought, this press conference is over. I'm having Kevin O'Neil flashbacks and I might just break that lamp over there.

                Comment


                • #23
                  rocwell wrote: View Post
                  Fuck Gordon Ramsey.

                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Wanted to say a quick, "Hello." Any other RealGm alumni here?

                    Double Helix wrote: View Post
                    Where would the culinary arts be without some freedom of expression and experimentation with flavor combinations? Food is chemistry and pineapple pizza is now something that exists and is legally enjoyed by millions. Even if I personally don't enjoy certain foods it's not my place to tell others what combination of legal ingredients are acceptable or not for their own bodies.

                    Next question.

                    Yes, you in the Jamario Moon jersey. No, sir. Not you in the Milt Palacio jersey. Please tell me that's ironic. Ew. Is that a Michael Curry jersey I see in the back there? Was that custom made? On second thought, this press conference is over. I'm having Kevin O'Neil flashbacks and I might just break that lamp over there.
                    Wrong answer!
                    Last edited by Maury; Wed Aug 16, 2017, 12:45 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Mess wrote: View Post
                      Fuck Gordon Ramsey.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        rocwell wrote: View Post
                        This we can all agree on.
                        Two beer away from being two beers away.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Double Helix wrote: View Post
                          On second thought, this press conference is over. I'm having Kevin O'Neil flashbacks and I might just break that lamp over there.
                          Seeing as you invoked his name, I have a pretty funny Kevin O'Neil story that I've never mentioned here before.

                          I used to work down in Niagara. My buddy and I were driving back, leaving T.O. under the Gardiner past the ACC. We stopped at the traffic light and who do we see standing on the corner but Kevin O'Neil, talking on his cell phone. And the Raps were on an abysmally bad run, but what did we care as young Raptors fans of about 23 years old. We rolled down the car window and just straight up hollered at him like morons, "HEYYYYYYY!!!!! KEVIN!!!!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHH KEVIN!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! KEVINNNNN!!!" And he just looked at us, utterly deadpan, in his trench coat, with briefcase in hand, on his phone, as we drove off. We turned on the radio and they announced that very moment that, only minutes ago, he'd been fired. .... oops. Hahahaha. I love to consider whether he thought we'd already known and were just being total fucking assholes. To replay the image of him standing there as a ghost of a man, well, I'm sure he's better now, and, I should certainly feel badly about it, but it remains fucking hilarious to this day. Hahahahahahah. Ahhhhhhh, fond memories.

                          Also, I've never before entered into the pineapple debate but I can no longer remain silent on this issue.

                          PINEAPPLE RIGHTS FOR ALL! LONG LIVE THE HAWAIIAN PIZZA!! DELICIOUS!!!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Double Helix wrote: View Post
                            Where would the culinary arts be without some freedom of expression and experimentation with flavor combinations? Food is chemistry and pineapple pizza is now something that exists and is legally enjoyed by millions. Even if I personally don't enjoy certain foods it's not my place to tell others what combination of legal ingredients are acceptable or not for their own bodies.

                            Next question.

                            Yes, you in the Jamario Moon jersey. No, sir. Not you in the Milt Palacio jersey. Please tell me that's ironic. Ew. Is that a Michael Curry jersey I see in the back there? Was that custom made? On second thought, this press conference is over. I'm having Kevin O'Neil flashbacks and I might just break that lamp over there.
                            Great answer.... also, if I had to wear an old Raptors jersey... I'd want either a Mengke Bateer or Doug Christie.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                            Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Hawaiian pizza is dangerous.

                              It should be monitored and put on the terrorist watchlist.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Hawaiian pizza is delicious.

                                It should be refrigerated and put on every pizza menu.
                                FIFY. The sweetness works with the tang of tomatoes.... and if you want a good counterbalance, go for some black olives to add a little saltiness.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

                                Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X