X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

If the NBA was smart this would be a prime-time national TV matchup. Giannis vs the next giannis. ECF rematch. Does anyone know if this is on ESPN?
    In Canada, they'd be showing darts or a spelling bee.....

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Saturday against Giannis will be a great test.
    If the NBA was smart this would be a prime-time national TV matchup. Giannis vs the next giannis. ECF rematch. Does anyone know if this is on ESPN?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Foul trouble will be key. See if the refs put Pascal in early trouble

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't think the league has ever seen this sort of year-by-year improvement. Nobody knows what to make of it. It's remarkable to watch.
    I think giannis is the closest comp in terms of ascension but pascal is more unexpected, and if the current numbers hold it might actually be unprecedented historically.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    I don't think the league has ever seen this sort of year-by-year improvement. Nobody knows what to make of it. It's remarkable to watch.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    Siakam had a complete game last night, probably top 8-10 level in the league (if we took that game as one he will replicate consistenly)

--Great defence in all its minutiae (including individual rebounding and boxing out effectively)
    --Elite transition game
    --Ball handling
    --Awareness/ability to find open man (5 assists)
    --30/5/5 with only 2 turnovers
    --Midrange, post, off the dribble 3's, spot up 3's (50% 3pt% on 6 attempts), ISO, pnr, and baseline cuts

There's not more than 8 guys in the league that can do that consistently. There's only one question: Can he do that (or at least close to it) consistenly, including playoffs? If so he can be a No 1 guy on a finals/championship team.
    I dont think he's reached his final form. The guy would have been a master wideout in the NFL if he started that at 15 or 16 too, he was born to punk fools

we could be looking at a future top 5 player in this league ages 27 to 29.

theres a transition era happening before our eyes. Lebron, curry and kd are all on the wrong side of 30 and in some cases really banged up. Kawhi and giannis and doncic will be special still but siakam is really positioning himself to become an elite player at his current trajectory

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Fith in the league in scoring and 27th in rebounding. Anyone that claims to have predicted this midway through last season better have documented proof, 'cause I'll accuse you of lying. Maury's right. His midrange game is blowing up. It has gotten to where I am surprised when he misses one of those or an above the break three.
    https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...63#post1251863

does that count? even then I was thinking more of a top 15 or 20 player, rather than top 5 or 10. he's not there yet obviously but is tracking closer to superstar than mere all star
    Last edited by chris; Fri Nov 1st, 2019, 12:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    I knew he'd be dangerous with the pull-up this season, but that was on another level!

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Siakam had a complete game last night, probably top 8-10 level in the league (if we took that game as one he will replicate consistenly)

--Great defence in all its minutiae (including individual rebounding and boxing out effectively)
    --Elite transition game
    --Ball handling
    --Awareness/ability to find open man (5 assists)
    --30/5/5 with only 2 turnovers
    --Midrange, post, off the dribble 3's, spot up 3's (50% 3pt% on 6 attempts), ISO, pnr, and baseline cuts

There's not more than 8 guys in the league that can do that consistently. There's only one question: Can he do that (or at least close to it) consistenly, including playoffs? If so he can be a No 1 guy on a finals/championship team.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Where's the dislike button?
    Too soon?

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

His lateral quickness is suspect, I remember he got crossed up really bad

Where's the dislike button?

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Maury wrote: View Post

You don't want to see Jesus in the post.
    His lateral quickness is suspect, I remember he got crossed up really bad

Leave a comment:

• Maury
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Pfft. Jesus cant defend the spin move
    You don't want to see Jesus in the post.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    007 wrote: View Post

I don’t want to go overboard but I think he has the potential to be a poor man’s Jesus
    Pfft. Jesus cant defend the spin move

Leave a comment:

Working...
X