Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.basketballnews.com/stori...in-pickandroll

He's seemingly found more comfort handling help and traffic in the paint, which — along with his proficiency facing up and taking defenders off the dribble — creates an ability to pick apart defenses with more regularity. Particularly against Miami and Milwaukee in recent outings, two teams who love to send two to the ball, Siakam was able to showcase this (he finished with 10 assists in both games).

The Raptors have been a rather pick-and-roll averse team this season, and during Nick Nurse's tenure, much to my chagrin.

That changed up the past week, as Nurse funneled more of the offense through Siakam on the perimeter, giving him countless opportunities to attack defenses with ball-screens. As a team that's comfortable playing without a center, and Siakam oft being the tallest player on court for the Raps, it creates many chances to get a little funky in the half-court when considering the size and skill sets Toronto employs together.
    Pascal's playmaking has been legitimately impressive, and the gumption he's shown as a scorer out of pick-and-roll is so enticing to what he could do for the offense with a more routine diet of reps running offense from the perimeter.

However, his utility as a screener and in two-man games alongside other handlers is what sent me to a higher state. Siakam's blend of size, speed, strength, vision and scoring make him viable as a ball-handler, yet all the more devastating as an outlet.

I wouldn't necesarily consider Pascal a great screener when diving into the nuance and technicality of it, but his threat as a popper and roller make him lethal when involved in screening actions.

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• now we just need more scottie pascal pick and roll

Comment

• In an interview with Sopan Deb of The New York Times, Siakam spoke about stepping up in Lowry's absence, and all the turbulence of last season in Florida.

"Kyle was, to me, always the greatest Raptor of all time. I think he was always like, 'I was the guy,'" Siakam told The Times.

"I had the contract, but I never really felt like I was the guy, to be honest. And I think those conversations are happening now."
        He really has to own it if he wanted to be the no.1 guy while Scottie is trying to find his way….

Sometimes Siakam would step back, indirectly allowing VanVleet forcing the issue and volume shooting.

Siakam is ultra-talented no doubt but a work in progress upstairs

another good showing against Charlotte

Comment

• Siakam has been playing All NBA 1st team in 2022.

23.3 pts, 8.5 reb, 6.1 ast, 1.9 stl, 0.486 FG, 0.421 3PT

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
            Siakam has been playing All NBA 1st team in 2022.

Defence also remains stellar; footwork has improved too, shots look more balanced and under control. Court vision on both ends of the floor took a big leap this year too.

Comment

• if he keeps this up he will be earning his way back to all nba.

Comment

• Quick, let's trade Siakam for a chance at drafting the next Anthony Bennett. Sell high!

Comment

He certainly has. The thing that jumps out at me the most is that he's making quick decisions and attacking instead of surveying while the defense gets set around him. Playing some great basketball right now.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

He certainly has. The thing that jumps out at me the most is that he's making quick decisions and attacking instead of surveying while the defense gets set around him. Playing some great basketball right now.
                    Hes thinking before he acts now, he knows what he wants to do. Before it looked like some plays he went at it without thinking.

Comment

First team with those numbers? That's a bit of a reach.

He's hopefully making All NBA but not 1st team, even if we didn't take his 2021 numbers from this season. His ppg is too low IMO. Plus obviously team record isn't going to help matters.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Hes thinking before he acts now, he knows what he wants to do. Before it looked like some plays he went at it without thinking.
                        Not just thinking. His handles are tighter. He's dribbling the ball closer to his body and also using his body to protect it better. That's allowed him to keep defenders on his back in traffic, instead of before spinning out of double teams where the second defender was just waiting for the strip.

He's made another leap in skills improvement. Handles... plus more balance and lift on the mid-range (which he was leaving short a lot).

Comment

• He's matured as a basket ball player. He wants to initiate and lead before trying to do things on his own. Yet in crunch time he feels he has to put the team on his shoulders, and that typically back fires. Pascal makes a great Scottie Pippen. Just needs that better alpha around him.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            He's matured as a basket ball player. He wants to initiate and lead before trying to do things on his own. Yet in crunch time he feels he has to put the team on his shoulders, and that typically back fires. Pascal makes a great Scottie Pippen. Just needs that better alpha around him.
                            I agree….they however has a John Paxson/ Steve Kerr who thinks he is the Jordan on most nights

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

I agree….they however has a John Paxson/ Steve Kerr who thinks he is the Jordan on most nights
                              Paxon and Kerr were far more consistent than Gary Trent Jr.

Comment

• I guess yesterday was probably his first time starting at point guard? Looks like he did alright...

Comment

Working...
                                X