Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Playboy...Pascal, rumors are getting Spicy.
    Oh boy, 10 teams, damn...u definitely a pimp. Who gonna b lucky b&^^*.
    I got 4 b*^&** for u..

Pick one...

Warriors
    Detroit
    Sacramento
    Pacers

My Goodness, don't tease me,
    Let's Go!!!

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

Yeah he compliments scottie, he's clutch and his high price would be ok considering inflation - yet theyre shopping him. No Dan they dont think hes worth the money like you do.
    Right, and he's a pending UFA and is older than their budding star. Weird how it is possible to understand the full context of why a team might consider making a trade (and yet not feel so strongly about said potential trade that they haven't made one yet).

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

if dan had his way fred would be our pg, berch or precious would be our C and pascal would be earning 50m a yr
    When have I ever been anti-Yak trade?

Leave a comment:

• RaptorsMA
    replied
    I think the front office is going to make decisions with these considerations in mind:
    1. How do we enhance the development of Scottie to becoming a top-5 player? From that perspective it is probably better to trade Pascal for a package that fits better. That is by getting more 3 point shooting and increasing the responsibilities for Scottie even more. The Hawks can make several offers in that regard. A trade involving Dejounte Murray is possible, but I can also see them valuing a package around Bogdanovic and Okongwu (where the Hawks will still retain their 3 most valuable assets).
    2. How do we built towards a contender, while maintaining maximum flexibility towards the off-season of 2027. Similar to with Giannis, I can see them using that summer as a pivot year. Keeping in mind that SGA can become a free agent by then (oh and Jokic as well as another crazy option). Not setting in stone who you have under contract by then besides Barnes (25% or 30% of the cap) and Quickley (around 20% of the cap) can be something they value. Obviously they can sign Siakam for a four year deal that carries over 2027, but that is far from ideal if you want to put yourself in the best possible position while maintaining flexibility. And if you believe that another supporting cast will challenge Scottie better to become a top-5 player (see point 1).
    Last edited by RaptorsMA; Thu Jan 4, 2024, 07:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Yep Masai really dropped the ball there. Pascal could have been trade eligible January 6th just like Murray in Atlanta. Then we wouldn't be hand wringing about a low return vs losing him for nothing. Literally the dumbest thing he could have done.
    if dan had his way fred would be our pg, berch or precious would be our C and pascal would be earning 50m a yr

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Huh? I think they'll trade him if they like the offers. The risk of him walking is too high to not explore that. But they also won't just take the best offer if that offer isn't deemed good enough, because re-signing him isn't a problem.
    Yeah he compliments scottie, he's clutch and his high price would be ok considering inflation - yet theyre shopping him. No Dan they dont think hes worth the money like you do.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I was hoping it would be draft day (June 27 so Dec 27). But it might be July 9th or 10th. To carry him and extend him after would risk them having to keep Pascal into next season. But Pascal has to sign off too. And he might recognize that the team would trade him to any team if he signed that extension.

Although I also think we are waiting on Dejounte Murray to be tradeable. July 9th is only 5 days away.

Just a hunch.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Quickley is getting way more than 5/135. He's gonna get minimum $30M AAV.
    May well be true. Just know that was the rumour of what he was asking for before the season. Either way loads of wiggle room there for a few extra million going his way if need be.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

I think reports are fuzzy, I haven't seen anything credible about us trying to offer him a 3 year extension. The closest thing is one sentence in a Grange article where he literally says he's inferring that they might want something shorter term just based on nothing having been signed yet. Ignoring that the 3 year extension they had offered before last season was literally the longest they were legally allowed to offer at the time.

I suspect they are shopping him before exploring extension options. They are cognizant of the age difference and although I doubt they see it as a reason to give up on the pairing, they probably do want to see if there is an offer good enough out there before they lock everything in.

Personally I'd have just signed him to the max extension as soon as I could but Masai moves slowly sometimes. We'll see where we land and whether it pays off.
    Yep Masai really dropped the ball there. Pascal could have been trade eligible January 6th just like Murray in Atlanta. Then we wouldn't be hand wringing about a low return vs losing him for nothing. Literally the dumbest thing he could have done.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

If we re-sign Pascal and give Scottie a max, and assuming roughly a 5/135M contract for Quickley, we'd have 167M committed to 6 guys. This assumes 10% increases in cap every year. Tax line would be 200M. Minimum salary 2.4M, so the 7 extra spots at minimum would be 17M, plus a spot for one more guy to sign, and 16M in wiggle room to sign him. If using it on multiple players, that 16M grows by 2.4M for each extra player you are spending the non-minimum on.

The 6 guys would be Pascal, Scottie, Quick, Jak, RJ and Gradey. Any additional pieces would need to either be minimums or come out of that 16M. So very doable, but not a lot of depth, unless we are ready to go into the tax at that point (which is very possible, maybe Scottie has become a top 5 guy by then).
    Quickley is getting way more than 5/135. He's gonna get minimum $30M AAV.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Like you hinted at before, if our cheap ass ownership wasn’t so greedy, Pascal’s contract wouldn’t even have been any issue heading into this season…. a 4th year max extension would’ve been done already.

If we’re willing to give a 3-yr (per reports?) then why is a 4th year even a discussion point. That’s how the Twolves and Sixers lost having Jimmy Butler in his prime.
    I think reports are fuzzy, I haven't seen anything credible about us trying to offer him a 3 year extension. The closest thing is one sentence in a Grange article where he literally says he's inferring that they might want something shorter term just based on nothing having been signed yet. Ignoring that the 3 year extension they had offered before last season was literally the longest they were legally allowed to offer at the time.

I suspect they are shopping him before exploring extension options. They are cognizant of the age difference and although I doubt they see it as a reason to give up on the pairing, they probably do want to see if there is an offer good enough out there before they lock everything in.

Personally I'd have just signed him to the max extension as soon as I could but Masai moves slowly sometimes. We'll see where we land and whether it pays off.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

MGMT is shopping him and will most likely trade him. Why do you think that is? Hes declared he wont re-sign anywhere else (dirty move) so the return wont be great but they’re still gonna trade him. Why is that Dan?
    Huh? I think they'll trade him if they like the offers. The risk of him walking is too high to not explore that. But they also won't just take the best offer if that offer isn't deemed good enough, because re-signing him isn't a problem.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post

Being over the cap is very much the only option for this team unless they are completely rebuilding. Cap space will never be the way for this team. Not for the pricier players anyways. Even Philly is taking a gamble going into the offseason looking to snatch a big free agent to team with Embiid and Maxey.
    MLSE’s greedy ownership would rather stuff their own pockets than reward the loyal fans.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

You trade Pascal then after a year or move RJ. Or move Poeltl. There are ways to do cap moves.. but operating under the cap is likely never going to happen with Scottie going to command a max himself. And IQ getting his raise.
    Like you hinted at before, if our cheap ass ownership wasn’t so greedy, Pascal’s contract wouldn’t even have been any issue heading into this season…. a 4th year max extension would’ve been done already.

If we’re willing to give a 3-yr (per reports?) then why is a 4th year even a discussion point. That’s how the Twolves and Sixers lost having Jimmy Butler in his prime.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X