Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One wrote: View Post

You guys really have short memories. Vince is not an all time great? unlike Lowry and DeRozan, Vince is actually a lock to make it to the HOF.

VC averaged 18ppg his rookie year. 26 his 2nd year, 28 his 3rd year, 25 his 4th year.....just look it yourself. He was legitimate #1 option too so I don't know what you're talking about. Obviously he was a role player the last 10 years of his career but you don't judge him by that you judge him the first 10 years of his career where he was a legitimate star.
    You really have a high opinion of Vince.

He was a #1 option/superstar for several seasons, but he isn't an all time great, HOF doesn't mean all time great.

Vince was my favourite player to watch back in the day, but he accomplished nothing outside of a bunch of All-star games, 2 All-NBA teams and ROTY. Does that scream All-time great to you?

Kawhi is the only Raptor close to being an All time great. He has 2 championships, 2 Finals MVPs, 2 DPOYs and a bunch of All-NBA and All-Defensive teams, but unfortunately he only played here for 1 season.
    Last edited by A.I; Mon May 30, 2022, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

You really have a high opinion of Vince.

He was a #1 option/superstar for several seasons, but he isn't an all time great, HOF doesn't mean all time great.

Vince was my favourite player to watch back in the day, but he accomplished nothing outside of a bunch of All-star games, 2 All-NBA teams and ROTY. Does that scream All-time great to you?

Kawhi is the only Raptor close to being an All time great. He has 2 championships, 2 Finals MVPs, 2 DPOYs and a bunch of All-NBA and All-Defensive teams, but unfortunately he only played here for 1 season.

That is it right there. If he would have resigned for one year I would have been willing to give him a damn jersey retirement and for his own legacy he would have went back to back potentially and been arguably the greatest two years of nearly any players. That team was poised to go back to back and was ready and hungry. Even taking the bubble into account we were ready.

Rank him highly he is still one of my favorite players to watch. Like him before he came to the raptors but I cannot give a single season player the groat title.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

That is it right there. If he would have resigned for one year I would have been willing to give him a damn jersey retirement and for his own legacy he would have went back to back potentially and been arguably the greatest two years of nearly any players. That team was poised to go back to back and was ready and hungry. Even taking the bubble into account we were ready.

Rank him highly he is still one of my favorite players to watch. Like him before he came to the raptors but I cannot give a single season player the groat title.
        And even that single season was heavily "load managed" to the point where the team had a better regular season record without Kawhi than with him, which was critical to get us home-court in the Finals.

Like I said, when you really break it down, time-wise.... Kawhi's Raptors' key legacy is mostly the Sixers series and other big moments throughout the playoff run. It was shorter than the lifespan of a fruit fly.... that weekend fling in Vegas that we'll remember for a lifetime.

Comment

• Ok question. Who's the greatest basketball player that ever played for Syracuse Orange?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Ok question. Who's the greatest basketball player that ever played for Syracuse Orange?
            Easy. Leo Rautins.

9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Comment

• https://twitter.com/i/status/1543791408162775044

Comment

• Pascal not really getting the respect he deserves in The Athletic's top player tiers for 2022-23. Harden, Paul and Gobert all listed in tier 2 (top 20), Pascal doesn't even crack the top section of tier 3 (top 25). All-NBA two out of the last three years, injury plagued season in between... think he's still getting underrated. Shooting efficiency seems to be the reason why. Opportunity for him to improve his pull up three over the off season, and if the Raps can spread the floor a bit better with other shooters, that should help his efficiency. I'm surprised he's still getting underrated at this stage though. If he stays healthy next year he should make some people look silly.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                    Pascal not really getting the respect he deserves in The Athletic's top player tiers for 2022-23. Harden, Paul and Gobert all listed in tier 2 (top 20), Pascal doesn't even crack the top section of tier 3 (top 25). All-NBA two out of the last three years, injury plagued season in between... think he's still getting underrated. Shooting efficiency seems to be the reason why. Opportunity for him to improve his pull up three over the off season, and if the Raps can spread the floor a bit better with other shooters, that should help his efficiency. I'm surprised he's still getting underrated at this stage though. If he stays healthy next year he should make some people look silly.
                    That list is junk.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                      Pascal not really getting the respect he deserves in The Athletic's top player tiers for 2022-23. Harden, Paul and Gobert all listed in tier 2 (top 20), Pascal doesn't even crack the top section of tier 3 (top 25). All-NBA two out of the last three years, injury plagued season in between... think he's still getting underrated. Shooting efficiency seems to be the reason why. Opportunity for him to improve his pull up three over the off season, and if the Raps can spread the floor a bit better with other shooters, that should help his efficiency. I'm surprised he's still getting underrated at this stage though. If he stays healthy next year he should make some people look silly.
                      Maybe it gives him a chip on his shoulder to go with the chip on his resume....

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

Maybe it gives him a chip on his shoulder to go with the chip on his resume....
                        Nice. Yeah, I really hope he can put it all together next year - I definitely respect how he responded last year.

Comment

• Another ranking type of list:

Scottie: 16
                          Pascal: 26
                          Fred: 60
                          OG: 63

NBA Trade Value List: Summer 2022 Edition
                          https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/7...22-summer-list

Comment

• He has Mobley as the 9th most valuable player in the league

Bill Simmons is truly something else

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                              He has Mobley as the 9th most valuable player in the league

Bill Simmons is truly something else
                              It’s not the most valuable player…it’s trade value. Ie, many of us here wouldn’t want to trade Scottie for Durant. Does that mean Scottie is better than Durant? No…..at least not yet . He just has more trade value

Comment

• Durant was 10 so he had more trade value than Scotty according to Bill.

Yhe list was interesting, and makes for a good debate. Why is Jalen Brown higher than Siakam… are people actually ranking him higher now?

Comment

Working...
                                X