X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    KeonClark wrote: View Post

Spelling Bee Darts I could get behind. Every time a kid fucks up a word a professional dart player throws one at their head from 10 yards away
    They'd need cheerleaders to get me to watch....hey wait

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    His handle and shooting have been really impressive. Its looking like we have our kawhi replacement already. I mean, he can get even better in all likelihood. Top 10 player is a lock if he continues this level of play. Shit, is it possible to win MIP twice?

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Hope he keeps this up. After 25 games we should have a better picture

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post
    It's been 5 games fellas, and we lost to the only good team we played.
    And we were really the better team. We just gave that one away.

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't think the league has ever seen this sort of year-by-year improvement. Nobody knows what to make of it. It's remarkable to watch.
    36 months ago: who the fuck is this guy, why did we draft him? Uhhh Skal was available on the board Masai!!
    24 months ago: ok maybe he will carve out a career as an energy big off the bench, nice pick
    12 months ago: ok wow, maybe we should nervously compare him to "Draymond with maybe slightly better offense" or "don't flame me for saying this, but a Giannis-lite"

Now he's clearly a much better player than Draymond (maybe better than he ever was) and he's arguably top 10 or 15 in the entire league, in the same breath as the big boys

Crazy

Leave a comment:

• KeonClark
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

In Canada, they'd be showing darts or a spelling bee.....
    Spelling Bee Darts I could get behind. Every time a kid fucks up a word a professional dart player throws one at their head from 10 yards away

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    It's been 5 games fellas, and we lost to the only good team we played.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/s...d_nodes_thread

does that count? even then I was thinking more of a top 15 or 20 player, rather than top 5 or 10. he's not there yet obviously but is tracking closer to superstar than mere all star
    You may not be wrong. Hard to picture where he might top out when there is no indication of a ceiling yet. Sports Illustrated had him pegged at #24 in September, before the season even started. I would say he has significantly exceeded expectations already.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

If the NBA was smart this would be a prime-time national TV matchup. Giannis vs the next giannis. ECF rematch. Does anyone know if this is on ESPN?
    the NBA and the networks are not smart however and the next game on espn is not until kawhi's return to toronto December 11, then xmas. they did not want to mess around showing games of a fringe playoff team when they could broadcast powerhouses in big markets, like the nets.

Leave a comment:

• Nilanka
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

Foul trouble will be key. See if the refs put Pascal in early trouble
    Wonder if they actually guard each other.

Could be OG on Giannis, and Middleton on Siakam.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

If the NBA was smart this would be a prime-time national TV matchup. Giannis vs the next giannis. ECF rematch. Does anyone know if this is on ESPN?
    In Canada, they'd be showing darts or a spelling bee.....

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Saturday against Giannis will be a great test.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Foul trouble will be key. See if the refs put Pascal in early trouble

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I don't think the league has ever seen this sort of year-by-year improvement. Nobody knows what to make of it. It's remarkable to watch.
    I think giannis is the closest comp in terms of ascension but pascal is more unexpected, and if the current numbers hold it might actually be unprecedented historically.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X