Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91
    replied
    I’m sorry but the Bubble and season in Tampa are not normal circumstances. We don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. What makes someone mentally weak? Siakam had a bad bubble performance, as did many players... is Giannis mentally weak?

Siakam started to bounce back last season and then got Covid and had trouble getting back on track when a team was clearly not putting out their best lineups/effort.

Perhaps the he was overpaid and over performed and expectations got over blown, but it’s too early to make that judgement.
    Last edited by saints91; Wed Aug 25, 2021, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

The past two seasons? You mean the bubble and last season, yes? If you mean the 19-20 regular season, I question your ability to judge a player's performance. He made 2nd team all-NBA that year.

If he was fundamentally unable to perform under pressure that would have shown when he combined with Kawhi to be one of the highest scoring playoff duos of all time.
    You keep on going back to the nostalgia, I don’t blame you but get over it…lol….just like defending your boy Stevie Nash

Siakam sunk under pressure when he got smack upfront of the adversity of the bubble and COVID, you and your cronies still so naive to not see it at face value jeez

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

Oh please, you way extended yourself. The past two seasons he flopped just admit it.
    The past two seasons? You mean the bubble and last season, yes? If you mean the 19-20 regular season, I question your ability to judge a player's performance. He made 2nd team all-NBA that year.

If he was fundamentally unable to perform under pressure that would have shown when he combined with Kawhi to be one of the highest scoring playoff duos of all time.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    he is mentally weak When Facing Adversity

I highlighted it for you so you wont extend yourself and that poster who similar to you cherrypicked what you feel is true
    Yes, I remember now how that playoff run was entirely without adversity. Thanks for highlighting that for me.

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    The barnes, trent, og, pascal, precious lineup i mentioned gets me going because of the idea of barnes guarding the other teams ball handler. He seems capable of defending PG's, at least at the college level, so I'm pumped to see what he can do against elite level PG's running PnR in the half court. He has the potential to just swallow up smaller players, and if its him and precious guarding the PnR...good luck NBA. Of course, this type of lineup is what many here seem to think the raps are envisioning for the future. You may be right.

Offensively, there are some issues. If pascal returns to form, then there may be just enough shooting there with OG and trent capable of 40% from 3. But Barnes ability to quarterback an offence would likely be even more important to the success of that lineup. And if it did prove successful, then obviously that would suggest he would be able to do that, which would be super exciting.

In any event, I think trent, og, pascal and precious are who the raptors would like to start at some point. Obviously, they would want barnes in there too at some point, so unless pascal is going to be moved, FVV is the odd man out. Which makes sense if management does envision a taller 1-5 playing positionless ball.

Clearly, there is no reason to rush this. Barnes will need some burn to get up to speed on the nba game. Maybe he starts in pascals place due to his injury, which should accelerate his development and hopefully he shows improvement offensively.

But you have to be excited about the potential of a lineup like that. Tremendous versatility defensively, switch everything ability, and any two could double a big man and cause problems. All can handle the ball to a certain degree (very excited about precious in this regard), and there will always be a mis match to hunt. If barnes learns to shoot more effectively, pascal returns to pre covid form, and OG adds a move or two offensively, then that could be one of the best lineups in the league. Alot of ifs, yes, but tell me you doubt it can happen and I may have call you a liar.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    he is mentally weak When Facing Adversity

I highlighted it for you so you wont extend yourself and that poster who similar to you cherrypicked what you feel is true

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Yeah, remember when he completely collapsed in the NBA finals and didn't essentially win game 1 by himself, and totally failed to score the finals-clinching bucket over known-terrible-defender Draymond Green in game 6.
    Oh please, you way extended yourself. The past two seasons he flopped just admit it.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Has nothing to do with his skills, he is talented

it is that round thing on top of his shoulders

Mentally weak player especially facing adversity
    Yeah, remember when he completely collapsed in the NBA finals and didn't essentially win game 1 by himself, and totally failed to score the finals-clinching bucket over known-terrible-defender Draymond Green in game 6.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Not to mention FVV over Trent for defense, despite size. We could have a hell of Box & 1 this year.
    Both are among our best three shooters. Need as much of that around Barnes, if he is the future.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

Down the line and as soon as hopefully the end of this season you probably want your lottery pick to start.
    As long as Barnes can defend, I hope they just plug & play him into Pascal's starting spot to begin the season. We're not winning the chip this year, so let's get some major development reps in ASAP. Pascal and OG got starting jobs as rookies from Day 1, and how did that work out? And those starting roles were on Atlantic Division Championship winning teams, no less.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    I'm expecting a career season from Pascal. At least in terms of production*efficiency.
    I don't know if he will ever be that efficient as the go-to first option on offense. Barring a huge breakthrough, he will always be best playing off better players because that allows his to run, find lanes and spot up for open shots. When you're the number one you have to have a good half court game which isn't his strength.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Just find Barnes minutes as the closing centre.
    Down the line and as soon as hopefully the end of this season you probably want your lottery pick to start.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    nba_4_life wrote: View Post

Or move OG to SG and slot Barnes as a SF. Move Gary trent to 6th man role
    Need Trent's shooting out there to spread the floor. Precious and Barnes aren't very accomplished perimeter threats yet.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Has nothing to do with his skills, he is talented

it is that round thing on top of his shoulders

Mentally weak player especially facing adversity

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

Freddie averaged 37.5% over the last two seasons.
    Yeah that's why he's gotta be there to space floor. I was referring to the barnes-trent-og-siakam-precious Jaws was talking about. That's a nice 2-way lineup but doesn't have enough shooting (unless at least one of barnes/siakam/precious bring up their 3pt%). Fred would balance that out

Leave a comment:

Working...
X