Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • golden wrote: View Post
    Awesome. Pascal's got waaaay more crafty in his game than Powell and OG combined. Eventually that's going to translate to the NBA in the next 2-3 years. He's gonna be good.
    I love his game, and I think the comparisons of Draymond Green aren't far off from a playstyle standpoint. Obviously, Siakam isn't the talent or leader that Green is, but he can pass, create off the dribble, and is a pest defensively. For a 6'9 forward he's got some solid length, too.

    KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I don't even think it will take that long.

    Pascal Siakam is gonna be the long sought after answer at power forward, and our best since Chris Bosh left.
    I agree, I think he takes a huge step this season. It's going to be awesome building around the likes of OG and Siakam in the future.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

    Comment


    • ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
      ..I agree, I think he takes a huge step this season. It's going to be awesome building around the likes of OG and Siakam and Kawhi in the future.
      Fixed it for you.

      Comment


      • Comment


        • ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
          I love his game, and I think the comparisons of Draymond Green aren't far off from a playstyle standpoint. Obviously, Siakam isn't the talent or leader that Green is, but he can pass, create off the dribble, and is a pest defensively. For a 6'9 forward he's got some solid length, too.



          I agree, I think he takes a huge step this season. It's going to be awesome building around the likes of OG and Siakam in the future.
          Love Siakam, but I think the Draymond comparisons are way off. The key thing that makes Draymond so valuable is that he has the physical toughness to defend centers and big PFs, while maintaining the mobility and offensive game of a playmaking small forward. That's why he's a mis-match and a game-changer, because he doesn't give anything back on defense, at his size.

          While Pascal will probably exceed Draymond in offensive versatility eventually, he showed that he lacked the physical toughness to defend even his own position in the playoffs. He got pushed around badly against both the Wiz and the Cavs. In some ways, Pascal's frame might be better suited to eventually playing at SF, and OG moving up to PF and having Kawhi at SG.

          Comment


          • I have said this before, and I want to bring it up again. I think Paskal Should start at the 4 this year. I think that his energy to start games could be a big plus. He is elite at rim running, he just beats his man down the floor every time making him a tough match up. He can run his ass off for for 4-5 minutes then we can bring in OG or Serge depending on the game.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

            Comment


            • WJF wrote: View Post
              I have said this before, and I want to bring it up again. I think Paskal Should start at the 4 this year. I think that his energy to start games could be a big plus. He is elite at rim running, he just beats his man down the floor every time making him a tough match up. He can run his ass off for for 4-5 minutes then we can bring in OG or Serge depending on the game.
              Pascal starting at the 4 is one scenario where I could understand starting Green over OG (even if I'd still prefer the alternative). But Siakam starting is kind of reliant on him developing a consistent three. He won't have the ball as much with the starters to leverage his good ball handling for a big, so his impact could be marginalized in that role.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post
                Pascal starting at the 4 is one scenario where I could understand starting Green over OG (even if I'd still prefer the alternative). But Siakam starting is kind of reliant on him developing a consistent three. He won't have the ball as much with the starters to leverage his good ball handling for a big, so his impact could be marginalized in that role.
                For me I would like to see the starters be:

                Lowry
                Green
                Leonard
                Siakam
                Valanciunas

                Eveyone at thier natural position to begin a game....

                I feel that this starting unit will start games off very well and leave some great early substitution patterns for the bench unit. OG can be brought in for Green, Leonard, or Siakam depending on ealry fouls or match-ups. Serge can come in at the 4 or 5 depending on the same. Then you bring in FVV, Wright, and who ever else is needed that game to have a silid 10 man rotation.

                As a coach you don't always start your best 5 players, rather the best 5 man unit for the purpose you need. I like the flexibility.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

                Comment


                • WJF wrote: View Post
                  For me I would like to see the starters be:

                  Lowry
                  Green
                  Leonard
                  Siakam
                  Valanciunas

                  Eveyone at thier natural position to begin a game....

                  I feel that this starting unit will start games off very well and leave some great early substitution patterns for the bench unit. OG can be brought in for Green, Leonard, or Siakam depending on ealry fouls or match-ups. Serge can come in at the 4 or 5 depending on the same. Then you bring in FVV, Wright, and who ever else is needed that game to have a silid 10 man rotation.

                  As a coach you don't always start your best 5 players, rather the best 5 man unit for the purpose you need. I like the flexibility.
                  Flexibility is all well and good, but if this results in decreased ball handling and offence creation for the bench (which needs it) and decreased spacing for the starters (which include the two players most capable of taking advantage of spacing in JV and Kawhi) I don't like that tradeoff.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

                  Comment


                  • Starting 5 doesn't have to be our "best" line up. We can always utilize our most impactful 5 in spurts like nitrous
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                    Comment


                    • Comment


                      • grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        Why can’t Kawhi start at 2 and pascal at 3?
                        But why?
                        It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                        Comment


                        • It's all position-less now.. so you could have Siakam/OG/Kawhi all out there.. and depending on who's covering who.. you could say Pascal can play the 3. But the position you have is more of a defensive assignment than an actual position.

                          So if we're playing the Celtics and they are running with Horford, Tatum, Brown, Hayward and Irving.. You could have OG cover Tatum, Siakam on Brown and Kawhi on Hayward. So Kawhi is playing the "2" and Siakam the "3".

                          I am intrigued by how Nurse does things this year.. Under Casey you could easily just say Serge is getting the Poeltl role and everything else is the same. With Nurse I could see him moving things around a lot. Which might actually piss some of our guys off.

                          Ultimately I see more OG at the 4 as a starter than either Siakam or Serge. But I see Serge starting at the 4 in game 1.

                          Comment


                          • planetmars wrote: View Post
                            It's all position-less now.. so you could have Siakam/OG/Kawhi all out there.. and depending on who's covering who.. you could say Pascal can play the 3. But the position you have is more of a defensive assignment than an actual position.

                            So if we're playing the Celtics and they are running with Horford, Tatum, Brown, Hayward and Irving.. You could have OG cover Tatum, Siakam on Brown and Kawhi on Hayward. So Kawhi is playing the "2" and Siakam the "3".

                            I am intrigued by how Nurse does things this year.. Under Casey you could easily just say Serge is getting the Poeltl role and everything else is the same. With Nurse I could see him moving things around a lot. Which might actually piss some of our guys off.

                            Ultimately I see more OG at the 4 as a starter than either Siakam or Serge. But I see Serge starting at the 4 in game 1.
                            I agree but Kawhi on Irving pascal on Tatum OG on brown green or Lowry on Hayward

                            Comment


                            • grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              I agree but Kawhi on Irving pascal on Tatum OG on brown green or Lowry on Hayward
                              Kawhi on Irving? .... again, like Keon said -- Ka-why?

                              I mean, I get that he'll be our best defender and all...
                              Still, not so interested in making him work that quad against Kyrie and his mini-mouse handles.

                              You got some unorthodox ideas, GH.

                              Comment


                              • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
                                Kawhi on Irving? .... again, like Keon said -- Ka-why?

                                I mean, I get that he'll be our best defender and all...
                                Still, not so interested in making him work that quad against Kyrie and his mini-mouse handles.

                                You got some unorthodox ideas, GH.
                                Well, with the game on the line you probably want Kawhi on Irving.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X