No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trae Young, Julius Randle, Pascal Siakam Voted Among Most Overrated by NBA Players

It says a lot..if your peers think your overrated..ouch..

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...by-nba-players
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• As union members and a Brotherhood, why would you even answer a question as to who is the most over rated?
      Sounds like a recipe for axes to grind

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post
        As union members and a Brotherhood, why would you even answer a question as to who is the most over rated?
        Sounds like a recipe for axes to grind
        It made the survey a bit more Spicy!

Comment

• It kinda correlates with the report that there was little interest for pascal out there

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
            It kinda correlates with the report that there was little interest for pascal out there
            I don't believe Masai tried to move him. The plan became the play-in, win a couple games, re-sign and sell hope again. imo

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

I don't believe Masai tried to move him. The plan became the play-in, win a couple games, re-sign and sell hope again. imo
              Yeah the plan was clearly makes the playoffs and win some games off Milwaukee or Boston.

Comment

• Best News ever. Siakim didn't get all nba, which means no super max, Thank God...also his trade value just went through the roof. Teams will be lining up 2 get him.
                If he was eligible, no team would want him.
                Me personally, I don't think his super max or elite player, his good player, if raptors had elite player, he would b good number 2 or 3 guy. Anyway, ain't my money, but if your building a team, cap world, he should be moved, honestly..
                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                  Best News ever. Siakim didn't get all nba, which means no super max, Thank God...also his trade value just went through the roof. Teams will be lining up 2 get him. If he was eligible, no team would want him.
                  Me personally, I don't think his super max or elite player, his good player, if raptors had elite player, he would b good number 2 or 3 guy. Anyway, ain't my money, but if your building a team, cap world, he should be moved, honestly..
                  Siakim at the early part of this upward swing of his career was a quality A defensive player and a great Robin to a star on a team .. Him
                  being " the guy " his defense has suffered .. That old Siakam with OG and Barnes would be a one of the top defensive teams in
                  the league ..

Comment

• If Siakam made all NBA would the Raptors really give him the supermax? And if they did, what would be the reaction here?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post

Siakim at the early part of this upward swing of his career was a quality A defensive player and a great Robin to a star on a team .. Him
                      being " the guy " his defense has suffered .. That old Siakam with OG and Barnes would be a one of the top defensive teams in
                      the league ..

Everyone on the team has seen their defense suffer. Maybe it's not Pascal?

Comment

• Limited Upside wrote: View Post

Everyone on the team has seen their defense suffer. Maybe it's not Pascal?
                        Nah, even Jimmy Butler said it's really difficult to be a top option on offense, and still have enough energy left to play defense. We've seen defensive slippage with Lowry and Fred. And DeMar never gave effort on D. That's what made peak Kawhi so impressive.

And... offense gets paid.

Comment

• he's still supermax eligible if he makes an all NBA team next year, which is why it's so important to trade him now as i have zero interest in watching this team with him gunning for all-NBA next season

edit - not sure the mere fact of not making all-nba necessarily increases his immediate trade value, as other teams might also be wary of that and he'd also only be on a one year deal. to maximize his trade value we'd probably have to extend him now to a regular max contract and then trade him, though i'm not sure how soon we could trade him after extending him. hopefully immediately
                          Last edited by chris; Fri May 12, 2023, 02:45 PM.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                            he's still supermax eligible if he makes an all NBA team next year, which is why it's so important to trade him now as i have zero interest in watching this team with him gunning for all-NBA next season

edit - not sure the mere fact of not making all-nba necessarily increases his immediate trade value, as other teams might also be wary of that and he'd also only be on a one year deal. to maximize his trade value we'd probably have to extend him now to a regular max contract and then trade him, though i'm not sure how soon we could trade him after extending him. hopefully immediately
                            If we give Pascal a regular max extension we can't trade him for 6 months. Which I believe would take us past the trade deadline and we'd have him for all of next season.

What we need to do is keep Pascal involved, if he tells the team we're trading him to that he will take a max extension from them we have the maximum value and we can trade him immediately.
                            Last edited by Primer; Fri May 12, 2023, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                              he's still supermax eligible if he makes an all NBA team next year, which is why it's so important to trade him now as i have zero interest in watching this team with him gunning for all-NBA next season

Not relevant to other teams. The early supermax is only available to us, once he's traded it goes away.

If we max out his extension or get anywhere close, we have to wait 6 months to trade him after extending.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

If we give Pascal a regular max extension we can't trade him for 6 months. Which I believe would take us past the trade deadline and we'd have him for all of next season.

What we need to do is keep Pascal involved, if he tells the team we're trading him to that he will take a max extension from them we have the maximum value and we can trade him immediately.
                                yeah this just further solidifies we need to trade him before the season starts

Comment

Working...
                                X