X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

long time ago. Since boston series (stank) philly series (meh)

we’ll see come playoffs whatever team hes on dan. Im sure you’ll have a reason (an excuse)
    So, basically he had one bad series in the bubble? That's the whole argument?

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Ah, so then his winning a championship as second leading scorer does nothing for you?
    long time ago. Since boston series (stank) philly series (meh)

we’ll see come playoffs whatever team hes on dan. Im sure you’ll have a reason (an excuse)

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Dan thinks Siakam is clutch now lol

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

nope. Regular ssn is play time
    Ah, so then his winning a championship as second leading scorer does nothing for you?

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    What is Pascal's max extension, anyway, and does that put him in the top 10 highest players in the league? If he stays around 20-30th highest-paid player range, I think that's still a tradeable contract. It does become a lot harder to find trades, though, at top 20 AAV.
    His max extension is the same as his max contract, except he can only sign for 4 years instead of 5.

Depends on what the cap ends up at. I have it likely at 4/201M. Or 5/260M this summer. Cap could come in lower though, maybe as low as a 3% jump, in which case it would be 4/188M and 5/244M. But in a lower cap, so not really a difference.

But first year salary would be about 42-45M. That would be about 41M in this year's cap.

Would be roughly in the 12th-18th highest paid salary this year. But the cap is climbing fast right now, so he would likely drop down into the 20s over the course of his contract.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied

Pascal and his 61% TS% in the clutch this year doesn't cut it for you?
    nope. Regular ssn is play time

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    What is Pascal's max extension, anyway, and does that put him in the top 10 highest players in the league? If he stays around 20-30th highest-paid player range, I think that's still a tradeable contract. It does become a lot harder to find trades, though, at top 20 AAV.
    Starting value is 30% of the cap unless he max all-nba then can be 35% of the cap. And then 8% raises from there.

He won't make all-nba since his team sucks.. so let's go with 30% or $42.6M.

Contracts can be found here:
    https://www.basketball-reference.com...s/players.html

He'd be 21st, just behind Fred

James Harden might get a similar deal, so could be tied for 21st.

But that's only year 1 of his deal. It will fluctuate as other players better than him will get the better max. Or when the cap goes up and their starting value will be higher.

Scottie for example could get a 30% max too since I suspect he makes all-nba before his extension. And will make more since his contract will kick in a year later.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied

How about because guys that aren’t clutch dont deserve north of 45?
    Pascal and his 61% TS% in the clutch this year doesn't cut it for you?

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Limited Upside wrote: View Post

It's almost like the goalposts on why Pascal simply has to go keep moving as his play, and the team's overall play, continues to improve...

The ONLY reason to trade him is because of potential salary cap implications down the road and/or his unique ability out of all the guys on this roster to bring back a couple of impact players like the OG trade did. Not 'historically bad 3-pt shooting", not "he's stopped playing D", and especially not "he doesn't fit with Scottie". Those are and always have been terrible arguments for moving an All-Star player.
    How about because guys that aren’t clutch dont deserve north of 45?

Leave a comment:

• Limited Upside
    replied

I guess you could read the post I literally just made if you wanted answers to those questions. But I'll copy and paste for you.

Which DRTG did you bring up? Basketball-reference is garbage (literally of zero value in evaluating defence - OG has a higher individual DRTG than Pascal this year!), and the NBA.com one is the on/off split I was referencing!
    It's almost like the goalposts on why Pascal simply has to go keep moving as his play, and the team's overall play, continues to improve...

The ONLY reason to trade him is because of potential salary cap implications down the road and/or his unique ability out of all the guys on this roster to bring back a couple of impact players like the OG trade did. Not 'historically bad 3-pt shooting", not "he's stopped playing D", and especially not "he doesn't fit with Scottie". Those are and always have been terrible arguments for moving an All-Star player.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

You said his on off splits were better than Scottie, which implies he's playing better defense. If it doesn't meant that, then why even bring up the on off splits in defending Pascal's defense?
    I brought up DRTG which shows Pascal is playing poor defense. That also matches the eye test that myself and basically everyone else here is seeing.
    I guess you could read the post I literally just made if you wanted answers to those questions. But I'll copy and paste for you.

I just said that Pascal's on/off splits were pretty good even compared to the guys you'd typically expect to drive defensive results, so he's not dragging down the team defence all that much
    Which DRTG did you bring up? Basketball-reference is garbage (literally of zero value in evaluating defence - OG has a higher individual DRTG than Pascal this year!), and the NBA.com one is the on/off split I was referencing!

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Ah, I see, you are arguing against something I never said. No wonder it makes no sense. I never said Pascal was playing better defence than Scottie. Just that Scottie does indeed have his ups and downs on that end in spite of his more visible ups.

I just said that Pascal's on/off splits were pretty good even compared to the guys you'd typically expect to drive defensive results, so he's not dragging down the team defence all that much, and that if you look closer there are great many more guilty culprits than him (basically the whole roster outside of Jak, Scottie and OG), so to get all bent out of shape because your highest usage offensive player is not quite up to his usual standards defensively is kind of missing the point.
    You said his on off splits were better than Scottie, which implies he's playing better defense. If it doesn't meant that, then why even bring up the on off splits in defending Pascal's defense?
    I brought up DRTG which shows Pascal is playing poor defense. That also matches the eye test that myself and basically everyone else here is seeing.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Yes, if you watch the games. I bet you can't find a single poster on this forum who agrees with you that Pascal has been playing better defense this season than Scottie.
    Ah, I see, you are arguing against something I never said. No wonder it makes no sense. I never said Pascal was playing better defence than Scottie. Just that Scottie does indeed have his ups and downs on that end in spite of his more visible ups.

I just said that Pascal's on/off splits were pretty good even compared to the guys you'd typically expect to drive defensive results, so he's not dragging down the team defence all that much, and that if you look closer there are great many more guilty culprits than him (basically the whole roster outside of Jak, Scottie and OG), so to get all bent out of shape because your highest usage offensive player is not quite up to his usual standards defensively is kind of missing the point.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post

Small sample size but you can’t really compare this team to the one we had for most of the season. Since we made the switch to point Scottie, we beat Washington and lost by two to a short but strong Boston team. Detroit was an anomaly after gutting our team and then in their first night with the new guys they got a win over the Cavs. A tough road trip but worth waiting it out before pulling a trigger. At least that’s my thought
    Pull the trigger on a Pascal trade? Oye, thought we were past that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X