No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great so we have three guys controlling us now. Thats a dirty move trade him to whoever just for being a goof. Another reason not to wait so fkn long to trade these guys already looked at as a rental

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

TS% is not as good as eFG for saying how efficient a player is in my opinion.

I don't like players who shoot like absolute shit from the field and TS obscures that by including FTs.

Missed FGs most often lead to turnovers. Relying on guys who are terrible from the field but good FT shooters is a recipe for sucking.

Go check out Denver's roster. Every single player has a good eFG.

No look at Miami, every player except for Oladipo has a much better eFG than Fred.

Now look at Boston, every single player has a much better eFG than Fred.

You seeing the trend here?

You can't be a contender and have your 2nd highest volume shooter having an abysmal eFG.

Murray is by no means perfect but his eFG is trending up, not down, and his 51.4% eFG is better than Fred had his all star season. He'd be a very clear upgrade, and he's actually getting better not worse.

Here's a perfect example of why I don't use ORTG and DRTG for comparison.

Poeltl in SA last season ORTG 119, DRTG 116
      Poeltl in TO last season ORTG 132, DRTG 110

Almost like those stats are entirely dependent on your team and not the player.
      What? Individual DRTG is complete garbage, never use it.

The individual ORTG is just an efficiency measure like TS% though, and is the best of the individual efficiency measures because it includes effects of turnovers and some value from being a playmaker. These aren't the on-court team point differential measures used most often, which are very team dependent. Individual ORTG is only as team dependent as any box score stat is, player usage and systems affect everyone. Poeltl saw huge swings in steal rate, block rate, assist rate, TS%, eFG% (61% to 65%)... I could go on. Crazy what playing with a good PG can do for you...
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Siakam rn
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I will boo Pascal forever for this

Comment

• Lol this isn't Pascal fault. He signed a contract for x amount of years with the raptors. This is the result of the front office waiting to trade him till he was an expirying contract.
            Don't see a issue with him saying he wants to player here. If the raps don't offer him a contract next year he will have the same options if he was traded or not.

Its hypocritical to complain about players demanding trade and then be mad when other dudes want to play out they contract they signed.
            To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• LOL can you imagine anytime before the We the North era seeing Raptors fans react negatively to the idea of an all-NBA player leaking that they don't want to go anywhere else and want to extend here, a year out from unrestricted free agency?

Maybe some have lost the plot here.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                Lol this isn't Pascal fault. He signed a contract for x amount of years with the raptors. This is the result of the front office waiting to trade him till he was an expirying contract.
                Don't see a issue with him saying he wants to player here. If the raps don't offer him a contract next year he will have the same options if he was traded or not.

Its hypocritical to complain about players demanding trade and then be mad when other dudes want to play out they contract they signed.
                If this is actually true (and we don’t know either way) I have zero issue with Pascal. He’s played as hard as anyone in Toronto and turned himself into a top 20 player in the league from a guy who was initially just a rebounder, defender and score in transition.

If people are actually mad about roster management, that should be directed at the front office.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  LOL can you imagine anytime before the We the North era seeing Raptors fans react negatively to the idea of an all-NBA player leaking that they don't want to go anywhere else and want to extend here, a year out from unrestricted free agency?

Maybe some have lost the plot here.
                  We haven't lost the plot Dan, we don't want to suck anymore and we want Scottie to be able to play PF.

You guys have lost the plot who want to run this thoroughly mediocre team back ad infinitum, and completely ruin Scottie's development by having him play with Pascal and Fred.

Can you imagine if Demar blew up the Kawhi trade by being like this?

Comment

• It’s all in the game yo.

Comment

• i'm pessimist i think he just wants that super max money
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                        i'm pessimist i think he just wants that super max money
                        I think it has a lot to do with that…. I don’t think this front office will give it to him. The super max should be for first team all-nba

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

I think it has a lot to do with that…. I don’t think this front office will give it to him. The super max should be for first team all-nba
                          Yeah it's why the Beal situation happened. He got 3rd team and that's why he got his super max. Now they didn't have to also include a no trade clause. But its tough. With the 65 game rule now.. less guys will be up for all-nba too. So Pascal can just slip into it.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah it's why the Beal situation happened. He got 3rd team and that's why he got his super max. Now they didn't have to also include a no trade clause. But its tough. With the 65 game rule now.. less guys will be up for all-nba too. So Pascal can just slip into it.
                            grange already outlined it won't happen unless he first team

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

We haven't lost the plot Dan, we don't want to suck anymore and we want Scottie to be able to play PF.

You guys have lost the plot who want to run this thoroughly mediocre team back ad infinitum, and completely ruin Scottie's development by having him play with Pascal and Fred.

Can you imagine if Demar blew up the Kawhi trade by being like this?
                              what if it actually works with barnes and pascal

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

what if it actually works with barnes and pascal
                                How?

Comment

Working...
                                X