Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post

I’d only do it for Murray, Hunter, and Griffin plus picks. Hunter isn’t actually that good and he is always injured.
    Well then why not leave Hunter out then? Murray, Griffin, another prospect and picks?
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Well then why not leave Hunter out then? Murray, Griffin, another prospect and picks?
      Okongwu is nice.

Comment

I’m generally a fan of Dejounte. I think our defence would be really really good with Dejounte and OG on the perimeter and Yak protecting the rim.
        Some people believe Pascal and Scottie are redundant, so hypothetically a Murray, Gary, OG, Scottie and Poeltl lineup should be better fit wise.

Comment

• I guess Masai wants more attitude on a team

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
            For me, the biggest issue was that they didn't learn the right lessons from the Tampa year. They went to the wrong place solely for cost reasons and they fooled themsleves into thinking the problem with the team was solely related to the Ontario/Canada lockdowns and the bad circumstances it put them in. When, in reality, it was also attributable to the poor roster construction and the uneven play of their best players. That heater they went on at the end of 21-22 confirmed all the wrong things for this front office.
            Yeah, that heater was the opposite of a blessing in disguise. Trading for Thad at the trade deadline was because, like in 2014, they believed they caught lightning in a bottle again with the FVV/GTJ/Scottie/OG/Pascal small-ball lineup... combined with Nurse's genius coaching. That was fool's gold, because Nurse was playing those guys minutes that would make Thibs blush. Even, so the analytics showed that lineup wasn't anything special. But it embarassed the front office into coughing up FRP for Thad to "reward the core" with bench depth. Very short-sighted move, that had longer term effects (e.g. could've drafted Walker Kessler and not wasted money & yet another FRP on Jakob).

Comment

I think I’d do that, but I just feel like we want more bodies for depth. I’d want more than 2 playable guys back for Pascal.

Comment

If we combine with the Collins deal, we only need to take back one of the big Atlanta salaries. Hunter OR Murray. And if the Hawks are looking to win now, I'm sure they'd prefer that too.

Then the question is just what prospect pieces come back, Griffin, Okongwu, JJ, picks...? And if they want any additional vet pieces coming back their way in the deal.

Suspect they could forward along a prospect like TyTy Washington too as a lesser piece. Might end up rolling their Utah and Houston deals into ours.
                Not needing to take back Hunter is even better.

Murray, Griffin and a 1st.

Any other young guys added on is gravy.

Comment

I think I’d do that, but I just feel like we want more bodies for depth. I’d want more than 2 playable guys back for Pascal.
                  We've got a pretty full roster already of playable guys.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We've got a pretty full roster already of playable guys.
                    Yeah just Murray and Hunter with a 2024 1st is a good enough return for me.

We get a 26 year old former all star starting PG.

We get a 19 year old sharp shooting SF one year into his rookie deal.

We get a 2024 1st round draft pick.

Gradey and Griffin coming off the bench is a whole lotta shooting power.

Comment

• Murray could sign long term for less than Siakam?

Comment

• Dejounte/Schroeder/Nowell
                        GTJ/Gradey
                        O.G./Griffin/OPJ
                        Scottie/Precious
                        Jak/Koloko

Fair enough. That’s at least 10 deep, probably 11 or 12 regular season playable guys. Precious and OPJ probably fight for the last 15 minutes available.

I’d like at least one high ceiling prospect. Not sure that Griffin is that. Bufkin would be great but I doubt this goes the full month (although as Dan said, they can do this trade now as long as they don’t fold in the Collins trade or the Houston trade.)

at the very least, this would be a fun team to watch, I think. Probably fighting for a top 5 seed, if things break really well and everyone’s healthy, I could see a top 3 seed if Scottie takes a jump and Murray’s shooting holds.

Comment

Dejounte/Schroeder/Nowell
                          GTJ/Gradey
                          O.G./Griffin/OPJ
                          Scottie/Precious
                          Jak/Koloko

Fair enough. That’s at least 10 deep, probably 11 or 12 regular season playable guys. Precious and OPJ probably fight for the last 15 minutes available.

I’d like at least one high ceiling prospect. Not sure that Griffin is that. Bufkin would be great but I doubt this goes the full month (although as Dan said, they can do this trade now as long as they don’t fold in the Collins trade or the Houston trade.)

at the very least, this would be a fun team to watch, I think. Probably fighting for a top 5 seed, if things break really well and everyone’s healthy, I could see a top 3 seed if Scottie takes a jump and Murray’s shooting holds.
                          Where's Boucher, where's Jalen?

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                            Murray could sign long term for less than Siakam?
                            He could, but no promises. Their max is the same. Although Pascal may be eligible for the supermax and Murray will not be. But even the max is a lot for DJM, so if you make a trade with him as a key value piece, have to be ready to outbid the market, unlike the way they approached this summer with Fred.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Dejounte/Schroeder/Nowell
                              GTJ/Gradey
                              O.G./Griffin/OPJ
                              Scottie/Precious
                              Jak/Koloko

Griffin has a higher ceiling than Bufkin. If I had to pick one it's definitely Griffin. He's got potential to be pretty special on offense.

I'd imagine Atlanta doesn't wanna include him and that's part of the holdup.

Comment

• So is Atlanta the only option here because they have such and underwhelming package? I like AJ Griffin as a role player. But not a fan of Murray or anyone else. Okongwu is just too similar to Poeltl. Was always sort of meh on Bufkin. They don't have a lot of picks either since they gave a bunch to the Spurs to get Murray. Picks in the low 20's are so boring.

Would rather just give Pascal the super max and then try again sometime later. Murray is going to want the 30% max. And OG will want something close to that too. Just a fugly situation all over again.

If we are trading with them then we better find a way to include Boucher and Thad so they are off our books (Thad is less important). Have to also try to tank for a bottom 6 pick. So I'd give heavy minutes to Precious and and Flynn. Give the keys to Scottie. Have Jak get pissed off so he asks for a trade in January.

Worst case would be getting the 7th pick. Imagine that scenario? Would be super embarrassing.

Does Orlando still want a PG? Maybe give them Murray and then take back something from them. I'd give Fultz a shot. He'd at least be a lot cheaper. And can give you the same kinds of things Murray gives you.

Comment

Working...
                                X