Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

perhaps but i dont think we need to move him for the suggested offers i'm hearing either dejonte or hunter and then maybe jalen johnson max. ... seems like a trash return. If it was for scoot that is one thing... I see it closer to J and J situation on the celtics... you could argue they play the same position but they make it work. Both dudes in toronto actually have better playmaking skills. I dont see why we can't extend (assuming he wants to extend) and see how it plays out this year. With Fred being gone there is a lot of shots that have just come available and a ton of possessions
    I'm fine extending Pascal now to increase his trade value later. If he won't extend now then we should just accept a lesser return instead of risking losing him for nothing.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I'm fine extending Pascal now to increase his trade value later. If he won't extend now then we should just accept a lesser return instead of risking losing him for nothing.
      that is all I am pushing for right now I dont think I am being unreasonable not that you are saying I am being unreasonable.

Comment

• Guys, I hate to be the grammar / spelling police, but the phrase is “pick and roll”, not “pick and role”.
        It just triggers my OCD.

Comment

you made the comparison then asked me.

My point originally was that eventually they will have to trade sabonis ... that was clear if you watched the playoffs and saw that without his ability to stretch the floor sabonis holds back fox.... who operates in the midrange.. the difference here if you want to even attempt to make that comparison is Barnes being the younger talent is the one who can't shoot. Perhaps if he shot better this year and shows himself more than marginal gains then I would be more comfortable trading the best player.

With Vanvleet I hear you and was with you and was there pretty early on. I would say I started complaining around November two seasons ago.
          I was not comparing the players.
          I was comparing their ROLES in the offense.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

I was not comparing the players.
            I was comparing their ROLES in the offense.
            but its a bad comparison either way because of what I outlined. unless you didn't watch the playoffs

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

it would be wrong to extend him unless he shows buy in.

Comment

but its a bad comparison either way because of what I outlined. unless you didn't watch the playoffs
                It's their year 1 and you expect them to be perfect. lol
                Sacramento played one of the best offense in the league this season.

Comment

• the whole Barnes works as offensive hub like Jokic and Sabonis only works if he gets guarded by bigs. Otherwise opposing wings can just switch any action with Barnes involved. And he doesn't have the skill to punish them in post. With Poeltl in a line up Barnes needs to develop perimeter skills
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Are the Raptors going to trade Pascal Siakam? And, Summer League notes

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

It's their year 1 and you expect them to be perfect. lol
                      Sacramento played one of the best offense in the league this season.
                      sabonis has always had this problem... playoffs expose things that the regular season does not

Comment

• he's going to wait till Raptors give extension, get max money he can get and then he'll demand a trade. This is not loyalty talking

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

he's going to wait till Raptors give extension, get max money he can get and then he'll demand a trade. This is not loyalty talking
                          Definitely odd to try and force your way into staying lol.

Most players force their way out.

Not a good way to keep a good relationship with the front office or the fans.

Comment

• Business over loyalty. When Dame signed his supermax I said the same thing and people argued he was being loyal.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              Business over loyalty. When Dame signed his supermax I said the same thing and people argued he was being loyal.
                              That was loyalty to an extent. Blazers weren't looking to trade him when he was expiring last time, they just offered him the supermax and Dame stuck with them.

The current situation with Pascal is a weird one. Raptors are exploring trades, and Pascal is apparently just saying no to any extensions with other teams. Raptors shouldn't offer him the supermax, if thats what Pascal is looking for. He does deserve the max though which other teams can offer him as well.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

That was loyalty to an extent. Blazers weren't looking to trade him when he was expiring last time, they just offered him the supermax and Dame stuck with them.

The current situation with Pascal is a weird one. Raptors are exploring trades, and Pascal is apparently just saying no to any extensions with other teams. Raptors shouldn't offer him the supermax, if thats what Pascal is looking for. He does deserve the max though which other teams can offer him as well.
                                Raptors are basically in a bind with him. We don't even know if the Raptors offered a max extension. But let's say they did.. I don't see him wanting it. Because as soon as he accepts he can't get the supermax. And then if he's blocking trades by saying he wouldn't resign elsewhere either.. what can you do?

Ultimately I think they bring him back.. and see what happens again next summer. And it will be a Fred 2.0 situation all over again.

Watch for Philly as they have opened a lot of cap space. I could see Pascal wanting to play with Joel and Nick.. and I don't see why Morey would help in a S&T when they don't have to.

The only hope for Raptor fans is that he does make all-nba.. and that we do give him more than 30% of the cap. So that we can keep the asset and trade him a year later.

Comment

Working...
                                X