Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
    I have consistently said that I don't want too many 3's (forced or otherwise) to be hoisted up by guys who shouldn't be shooting 3's, in order to live up to some misguided new-NBA-everybody-hoist-threes mantra

We have enough guys who can legitimately make them without seeing more than the odd one from Siakam, Monroe etc. JV get 2 or 3 heaves every game though 'cause that's just flat out fun lol
    But he has to be able to in order to be effective. It visibly affected our team having him and Yak on the court together in the playoffs. Teams could just sag off and clog the paint, making it very hard to get anything going with our bench unit. That should be lessened now that Pascal will often be the only poor shooter when he's on the court, but can still impact his effectiveness in the halfcourt.

Basically, it is getting harder and harder for any player to get away with not having some kind of jumper. It doesn't have to be a 3, but that is preferred and it's not like Pascal shoots 18 footers well either so may as well have him working on the 3pt range.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Oct 12, 2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post
      After summer pickup highlights --- RR: "Siakam is the future! He'll be starting soon! What a point forward! Untouchable!"

After 1 pre-season L where he goes 1-6 from deep with 4 turnovers. ---RR: "Yeah, not sure about Siakam, we were too high on him. Gotta keep Ibaka starting. Wouldn't mind if he was on a package for Butler. Might be just an energy guy"

After 1 pre-season W where he looks good against Davis ---RR: "Siakam is the future! He'll be starting soon! What a point forward! Untouchable!"

We're like cats chasing laser pointers sometimes
      Theres also multiple people giving these opinions. RR is not a guy lol
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Yeah this is an 82 game practice schedule for the playoffs. We lose oh well. it's not about beating records or seeding, or match ups or anything. It's to just get to the finals.

Let the guys shoot 3's. The more they do it the more comfortable they will get and by the playoffs could be a huge threat.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Rajon Rondo burner accounts.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Of course. That's just the aggregate overall tone of the board. Nothing wrong with that. For guys like Siakam whose future development is promising but largely unknown, it's expected that people watch it closely. I find it funny to read grand predictions of how the player is gonna look like in 3 yrs based on summer/preseason games (either positive or negative), but I've done that several times myself. Part of being a fan and what makes this site colorful.

Comment

• Are you KIDDING me????????
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• ^^^

https://hoopshype.com/2018/10/15/pas...ball-sleepers/

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post

Are you KIDDING me????????
                    I don't mean to hate, but I see a lot of talk about how amazing Pascal is going to be if he can get his shot together. To me, this video is a perfect example of the other huge hole in his game still. He seems really one dimensional going to the rim. He kind of bails on every take where he doesn't beat his man by spinning, but does so without any control or plan.

I was at the game against Melbourne and it was cool to see him play in person. There's no doubt he's a freak athlete. But his dribble-drives ended up in turnovers or bricks about as often as they resulted in buckets.

On the bright side, you'd think that would be something that's easy for the coaching staff to help him with...

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
                      I don't mean to hate, but I see a lot of talk about how amazing Pascal is going to be if he can get his shot together. To me, this video is a perfect example of the other huge hole in his game still. He seems really one dimensional going to the rim. He kind of bails on every take where he doesn't beat his man by spinning, but does so without any control or plan.

I was at the game against Melbourne and it was cool to see him play in person. There's no doubt he's a freak athlete. But his dribble-drives ended up in turnovers or bricks about as often as they resulted in buckets.

On the bright side, you'd think that would be something that's easy for the coaching staff to help him with...
                      But the shot will help with that too because if defenders are closing out hard or off balance, he won't even need a spin move. He's explosive/athletic enough that he can easily blow by his man, and will be more likely to get an easy layup or dunk, or a help defender will have to come down and then he can make the pass to the open man.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw him miss a few makeable ones but otherwise didn't pick up on what you're complaining about. The spin often sheds his defender and gets him under control. He also had a toe-drag euro step in the there, very skilled but effective move, and he sometimes takes the ball very far away from the hoop for a swooping hook (fantastic move if you've got the touch off the glass, which I think he does). That's not to mention his newfound passing/playmaking ability on the move.

You might have an argument when it comes to changes of direction, but the guy is a power forward.

Bottomline, you're probably wrong.

Comment

He's also heavily favouring his right side. He's been called out plenty by his own teammates for not using his left hand -- I think teams will expose that right away. He rarely drives left, and when he does, he lacks a secondary move or passes it out.

I really hope Pascal develops a little 'stop-on-the-dime' jumper/floater when he goes left, or a short fadeaway jumper by the box. He doesn't need to be a great shooter, teams are going to give him space which will actually give him space for a headstart to the rim.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I'm all for legit criticism, but dude...our late first round pick just went, completely fearlessly, right AT the best defensive player in the league and made him look helpless. ENJOY IT.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• PSkills looked fearless in his first season game and I thought he played Kevin Love really well. PSkills is a thing.

Comment

• 3rd best player on the team.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X