Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post

Gotta think about this logically from Pacers perspective. Why would they want to deal away Turner? He fits great next to Pascal. We also have zero need for Turner, we just signed Poeltl for 4 years.

A far more likely package is

Mathurin
    Hield (for salary)
    McConnell
    1st round pick

Mathurin is the young stud prospect
    McConnell is a really good PG who could start or play backup
    Hield can be dealt to a contender for 2nd round picks or something like that
    Their 2024 1st round pick with little to no protection

Im fine with that return. If we can squeeze Nembhard into the deal, great.
    F$^$ Logically.
    I know it's overpay, but if they want him that's the deal Masai says Yes.
    Everyone here thinks here Siakam is Superstar...lol.. I don't, however his the best player, thats what they say...so if Indiana wants him, that's kind of deal would have 2 happen.
    I realize it's 2 much, but..F$$$ am.
    U know what really gonna happen, nothing, will wait for offseason and lose him for nothing and he'll do what Fred did.. Lie and play for him self and get paid..bc Masai who sits on A#@ and thinks its 2019.
    Yo, Listen..just get those assets.
    Honestly I don't give a F&%% what we get, just get some assets..don't wait..
    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

young athletic big on a rookie deal with potential. the kind of player we should be going after if we're resetting the timeline.

it's not like he'd walk into pascal's spot in the starting lineup and play exclusively with other non-shooters like scottie, jak, and schroder. we can bring him off the bench in lineups that make sense from a floor-balancing perspective

none of that's to say i'd rather have him then mathurin, but i'm skeptical they'll give mathurin up
      He's not a can't miss prospect by any means. So we're dealing a Pascal for yet another PF and he may not been be very good. Mathurin or I'll deal with the Hawks for Griffin.

Comment

He's not a can't miss prospect by any means. So we're dealing a Pascal for yet another PF and he may not been be very good. Mathurin or I'll deal with the Hawks for Griffin.
        Might be a contraversial opinion around here but I think I might take Griffin over Mathurin.

Comment

fair enough man. i'd way rather have mathurin or griffin (or bufkin) than wallace too.

but i just think ppl here need to temper their expectations a bit on what a return might look like for pascal as a one year rental who is refusing to extend with anyone who trades for him, whether that's just posturing on his part or not.

i don't think we have a lot of leverage here. as i've said before i think it's a completely untenable situation to bring him back next year on an expiring deal. i think management knows this and i think that's the reason for all the smoke the last week or so (including the grange pieces leaking the trade rumours and locker room discord, the coach and organization publicly stating that scottie will be running the show next year, etc). and other teams will know this too

Comment

• Ya the one year left thing will limit the return. Hope they just get it done soon instead of more drawn out shit like every other time. Lets go! A few assets and start clawing that payroll back for fa’s in 24 months time

Comment

• If you get Bufkin and Griffin or Mathurine, you just take it at this point.

When you get Hield for matching salaries, you ship him for a late first and a 2nd round pick. Someone would want him for a long playoffs run.

That's as good as any deal you will get for 1 year of Siakam, got to be realistic.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
                Ya the one year left thing will limit the return. Hope they just get it done soon instead of more drawn out shit like every other time. Lets go! A few assets and start clawing that payroll back for fa’s in 24 months time
                I do think if they don't find a satisfactory trade in the next little while, they'll give Pascal his max extension and figure it out from there rather than risk his hitting FA.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  If you get Bufkin and Griffin or Mathurine, you just take it at this point.

When you get Hield for matching salaries, you ship him for a late first and a 2nd round pick. Someone would want him for a long playoffs run.

That's as good as any deal you will get for 1 year of Siakam, got to be realistic.
                  I mean if we get Mathurin, I'll be ecstatic.

Bufkin and Griffin, I'll be happy with as well.

Walker is probably the 4th choice for me behind those 3.

Comment

fair enough man. i'd way rather have mathurin or griffin (or bufkin) than wallace too.

but i just think ppl here need to temper their expectations a bit on what a return might look like for pascal as a one year rental who is refusing to extend with anyone who trades for him, whether that's just posturing on his part or not.

i don't think we have a lot of leverage here. as i've said before i think it's a completely untenable situation to bring him back next year on an expiring deal. i think management knows this and i think that's the reason for all the smoke the last week or so (including the grange pieces leaking the trade rumours and locker room discord, the coach and organization publicly stating that scottie will be running the show next year, etc). and other teams will know this too
                    Our leverage is that Pascal is by far the best player in this deal and these other teams want to contend. They either trade for Pascal or they aren't contenders. If they get Pascal, they are dramatically better teams. An unproven rookie who isn't really ranked higher than our own draft pick and some garbage contacts is not gonna do it for me for Pascal. He's still pretty damn likely to resign with who trades for him, whether he wants to admit that or not. There will only be a few teams with cap space to even make him a max offer. Much easier to resign with his current team that has had a whole season to sell him on it and acquired him specifically to try and contend.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I do think if they don't find a satisfactory trade in the next little while, they'll give Pascal his max extension and figure it out from there rather than risk his hitting FA.
                      What if Pascal is dead set on trying to earn the super max? They can’t force him to sign the regular max extension now.

(side note: what kind of alternate reality do NBA players live in, that we can even have this discussion, lol).

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

What if Pascal is dead set on trying to earn the super max? They can’t force him to sign the regular max extension now.

(side note: what kind of alternate reality do NBA players live in, that we can even have this discussion, lol).
                        yeah i dunno what pascal's incentive is to sign an extension with us before the end of the season.

Comment

Our leverage is that Pascal is by far the best player in this deal and these other teams want to contend. They either trade for Pascal or they aren't contenders. If they get Pascal, they are dramatically better teams. An unproven rookie who isn't really ranked higher than our own draft pick and some garbage contacts is not gonna do it for me for Pascal. He's still pretty damn likely to resign with who trades for him, whether he wants to admit that or not. There will only be a few teams with cap space to even make him a max offer. Much easier to resign with his current team that has had a whole season to sell him on it and acquired him specifically to try and contend.
                          if other team's think/know we strongly want (are desperate?) to move him, being the best player will not be great leverage

Comment

if other team's think/know we strongly want (are desperate?) to move him, being the best player will not be great leverage
                            We can still resign him to a extension. We don't have to make a bad deal. Certainly not right now.

Comment

We can still resign him to a extension. We don't have to make a bad deal. Certainly not right now.
                              i know, but do you want to drag this out for another year and risk another season of internal strife as well as wait another season before handing the reigns over to scottie?

personally i think it's more important to just move on, even if it means taking a lesser return now. (that's assuming he'll even want to sign with us next offseason knowing we don't want him here)

Comment

i know, but do you want to drag this out for another year and risk another season of internal strife as well as wait another season before handing the reigns over to scottie?

personally i think it's more important to just move on, even if it means taking a lesser return now. (that's assuming he'll even want to sign with us next offseason knowing we don't want him here)
                                Definitely not waiting until next offseason. We can sign him to an extension at any time. We don't have to make a deal today.

In September, Atlanta will be able to trade Bogdan and Bufkin. If they don't wanna deal Griffin then Bogdan and Bufkin is a good substitute and better than Hield and Jarace.

Dame is still out there and they will need 3 or 4 teams to make a trade happen. We could get in on that with Pascal somehow.

We aren't going to get a Mirchell or Gobert level haul we but also don't need to take a bad deal. There's a ton of room in between.

Comment

Working...
                                X