Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    OKC would need to toss in an extra pick to get me to take back Dort. He's pretty terrible.
    I'm sorry, is this post from Bizarro World where the Washington Wizards have just won their fourth straight NBA title? Lu Dort is a lockdown defender, a solid passer and defender and the shooting is fine (although the three-point shooting could be better). He's a better version of Dillon Brooks on a very decent contract.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post

I'm sorry, is this post from Bizarro World where the Washington Wizards have just won their fourth straight NBA title? Lu Dort is a lockdown defender, a solid passer and defender and the shooting is fine (although the three-point shooting could be better). He's a better version of Dillon Brooks on a very decent contract.
      He's straight up awful on offense. Like super duper bad.

Comment

• Ya OKC has potential to make an all in move. They have more picks than they are able to use. Lots of room under tax while their young guys are on cheap deals. I don't think the raptors will be interested though. Their package for an all star is probably Bertens, Dort and like 5-6 first round picks. Raptors are looking for real players back by the sounds of it and aren't interested in completely tanking.

But OKC has a window to add a big contract to their young core.

Comment

• Yes, okc. And yes, you need to get back one of they're good young players, chet, giddy, good Williams, or Wallace, cause if not they'd better be piling on the picks. Anything else is absurd....there is no need to trade Pascal for a shit return. If the offer is mann and dort, then there had better be 4 1sts coming with them.

Comment

• If you really look at it picks are currency to make other moves. Even if you don’t get one of OKC’s good prospects, if we get 3-4 picks we have the ability to make additional moves.

right now Herro is on the block, does one 1st and salary filler complete the deal? Not saying we go for Herro, but there’s opportunity to upgrade positions with those picks.

I personally like the Atlanta Bufkin, Griffin route better, but OKC’s trade package is enticing as well.

Comment

• Seems like the hype train is slowing down.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                yeah i recall lots of talk around the forum prior to the '21 draft contemplating dealing pascal with frameworks like wiggins/wiseman/7/14 or number 3 + filler, etc, with most posters favoring keeping pascal.

i don't recall any specific sauced rumours but the point is it wasn't crazy to consider going in that direction at the time
                I keep reading this, is it the way the cool kids are saying "sourced" these days?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don't think anyone is saying trading Pascal for a top 5 player when he had term remaining on his deal would have been a mistake.

Yes, if the Raptors wanted to tank like the Jazz wanted to do, they could have sold Pascal earlier. They did not want to do that though.
                  They didnt cuz like you they overestimated this team. Sure they didnt want to tank they thought they were on the cusp of being EC champs or finalists. Big miscalculation. Set us back 5 years

Comment

• G____Deane wrote: View Post

I keep reading this, is it the way the cool kids are saying "sourced" these days?
                    i don't know anything about coolness, but yes it is interchangeable with source while also being a nod to how spurious 'sourced' rumours often are. at least that's how i use

the provenance of it comes from meme's of chris broussard circa '14 or '15 or so (?) when he had more of an 'insider' role at ESPN than the 'commenter' role he now has at FS1. he was notorious for circulating all kinds of nonsense while citing 'multiple sources', but was crucially almost always wrong, so the internet made fun of him.

Comment

• Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

They didnt cuz like you they overestimated this team. Sure they didnt want to tank they thought they were on the cusp of being EC champs or finalists. Big miscalculation. Set us back 5 years
                      They didn't want to tank regardless of how close they were to being EC finalists.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

i don't know anything about coolness, but yes it is interchangeable with source while also being a nod to how spurious 'sourced' rumours often are. at least that's how i use

the provenance of it comes from meme's of chris broussard circa '14 or '15 or so (?) when he had more of an 'insider' role at ESPN than the 'commenter' role he now has at FS1. he was notorious for circulating all kinds of nonsense while citing 'multiple sources', but was crucially almost always wrong, so the internet made fun of him.

He also pronounced the word sources as sauces and that's where the meme came from.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

He also pronounced the word sources as sauces and that's where the meme came from.
                          is it really that simple? i don't remember the incident and can't find him saying "sauces" anywhere on the internet

Comment

is it really that simple? i don't remember the incident and can't find him saying "sauces" anywhere on the internet
                            Yeah the whole thing was because of how he pronounced the word.

Comment

That's a great answer I did not expect, thanks

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                                Seems like the hype train is slowing down.
                                90% chance Pascal is staying.
                                Fine. Let's see how Darko makes full use of the roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X