Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Masai.... please find a way to trade Ibaka so we can get Pascal 30 minutes a game.

    Comment


    • golden wrote: View Post
      Masai.... please find a way to trade Ibaka so we can get Pascal 30 minutes a game.
      Ibaka's not even eating into Pascal's minutes right now, he's eating into JV's. We ran a lot of Kawhi at the 4 in this game, which hopefully we see less of going forward. I wouldn't mind at all if Pascal and OG split the PF minutes, with OG getting a few minutes on the wing, leaving both in the 24-28 MPG range.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

      Comment


      • DanH wrote: View Post
        Ibaka's not even eating into Pascal's minutes right now, he's eating into JV's. We ran a lot of Kawhi at the 4 in this game, which hopefully we see less of going forward. I wouldn't mind at all if Pascal and OG split the PF minutes, with OG getting a few minutes on the wing, leaving both in the 24-28 MPG range.
        Again, the problem is that if you listen to Nurse's post game synopsis, he didn't think Serge played badly at all. Or perhaps he's just saying that to cover Serge a bit, because virtually everyone else is saying that he did play poorly.

        Comment


        • JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          I'm all for legit criticism, but dude...our late first round pick just went, completely fearlessly, right AT the best defensive player in the league and made him look helpless. ENJOY IT.
          I do enjoy it. Doesn't make the criticism invalid.

          He looked great last night though and didn't seem to revert to the spin move much.

          Comment


          • G__Deane wrote: View Post
            Again, the problem is that if you listen to Nurse's post game synopsis, he didn't think Serge played badly at all. Or perhaps he's just saying that to cover Serge a bit, because virtually everyone else is saying that he did play poorly.
            Nurse has picked up some of Casey's bad habits.

            Comment


            • G__Deane wrote: View Post
              Again, the problem is that if you listen to Nurse's post game synopsis, he didn't think Serge played badly at all. Or perhaps he's just saying that to cover Serge a bit, because virtually everyone else is saying that he did play poorly.
              Hopefully just covering for Serge, not airing dirty laundry and all that.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

              Comment


              • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                Again, the problem is that if you listen to Nurse's post game synopsis, he didn't think Serge played badly at all. Or perhaps he's just saying that to cover Serge a bit, because virtually everyone else is saying that he did play poorly.
                We're trying real hard to trade the guy.

                Comment


                • G__Deane wrote: View Post
                  Again, the problem is that if you listen to Nurse's post game synopsis, he didn't think Serge played badly at all. Or perhaps he's just saying that to cover Serge a bit, because virtually everyone else is saying that he did play poorly.
                  Serge had some nice blocks, and...

                  .. yeah, those blocks were nice!
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

                  Comment


                  • golden wrote: View Post
                    We're trying real hard to trade the guy.
                    Well then the discussion becomes, is playing him helping or hurting his value?

                    If I'm an opposing scout/exec and I watched last night's game, I don't walk away impressed.

                    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                      Serge had some nice blocks, and...

                      .. yeah, those blocks were nice!
                      Yeah he was really going after blocks last night. So much so that he was often completely out of position defensively. Very Bebe-esque performance from Serge last night.

                      I'm sure he'll have better games, but it was not fun to watch him out there last night.

                      Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Well then the discussion becomes, is playing him helping or hurting his value?

                        If I'm an opposing scout/exec and I watched last night's game, I don't walk away impressed.

                        Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
                        So not playing him is going to improve his value?
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                        Comment


                        • Serge made bad plays and missed a ton of shots but also made impact plays and hustle plays. You noticed him.

                          Let's all take a deep breath and calm down jv will get his nights, and Serge isnt gonna shoot 10% this season
                          It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                          Comment


                          • Guys, it's Serge's first Regular Season game in which he hasn't started since 2010-11.
                            Let's wait more than one game.

                            Pascal played great though. The improvements he has made since we first started him as a rookie are seriously impressive.
                            Last edited by Joey; Thu Oct 18th, 2018, 02:07 PM.

                            Comment


                            • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Serge made bad plays and missed a ton of shots but also made impact plays and hustle plays. You noticed him.

                              Let's all take a deep breath and calm down jv will get his nights, and Serge isnt gonna shoot 10% this season
                              This.

                              I actually liked what I saw out of Serge for the most part. Would have rather seen JV or Siakam, but I thought Serge had the right mindset and the effort was there. Just couldn't execute on some bunnies and shot wasn't dropping. You can live with that as a coach.

                              I also think Nurse is not the kind of guy to pull a guy because his shot isn't dropping. That's a dangerous precedent to set...

                              Comment


                              • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                So not playing him is going to improve his value?
                                Not playing him when he's already been terrible the whole night isn't going to hurt his value more than continuing to play him.

                                Playing him when he has been terrible could reduce his value, and could also hurt the team. I will take the option that's best for the team.

                                In all likelihood, even with Masai running things, there's a very slim chance any trade of Ibaka will help the team. We need to get a big back so we're not too thin up front. Are we likely to get a better big (or better fitting big)? Probably not. We can't just salary dump him for some non-rotation pieces and we are not going to get youth of any value.

                                So I would just move straight to acknowledging he is not going to be in our top 4-5 performers a lot of nights, and not give him minutes as though he is.

                                Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X