No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a site which shows how many fast break points the Cavs scored and who is on the floor when the opposing team scores fast break points? I know it's kind of specific.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      Not playing him when he's already been terrible the whole night isn't going to hurt his value more than continuing to play him.

Playing him when he has been terrible could reduce his value, and could also hurt the team. I will take the option that's best for the team.

In all likelihood, even with Masai running things, there's a very slim chance any trade of Ibaka will help the team. We need to get a big back so we're not too thin up front. Are we likely to get a better big (or better fitting big)? Probably not. We can't just salary dump him for some non-rotation pieces and we are not going to get youth of any value.

So I would just move straight to acknowledging he is not going to be in our top 4-5 performers a lot of nights, and not give him minutes as though he is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
      First game of the season. Nobody is going to be put in a doghouse this early.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        First game of the season. Nobody is going to be put in a doghouse this early.
        What doghouse? All I'm saying is give him less minutes when he's bad. On a night like last night he shouldn't get 25+ minutes. He was bad. He was hurting us on both ends for much of his time on the court.

He's going to get around 20+ mpg by default because of our lack of bigs, anyway. It is not putting him in the doghouse to not play him more when he's ineffective, and reward him when he is effective.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Is there a site which shows how many fast break points the Cavs scored and who is on the floor when the opposing team scores fast break points? I know it's kind of specific.
          https://stats.nba.com/team/161061276...P_PTS_FB&dir=1
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Thanks Dan, am I reading this correctly that the Raptors gave up 9 fast break points in the 20 minutes he was on the floor? I'm just trying to figure out why Nurse felt Serge's played pretty well ...assuming he's not simply trying to cover for his player. I watched the game, and went over the youtube highlights a couple times. One thing I noticed on the highlight reel (not the best place to draw conclusions from) was that when JV was on the floor a lot of the Cavs points came off the fast break with JV trailing the play and Cavs 5 on 4 against the Raps. When Serge was on the floor the Cavs seemed to get their points facing a half court defence where the shots are generally contested much better. Just something to keep an eye on. I know everyone is up in arms pretty early about JV not closing the game.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Thanks Dan, am I reading this correctly that the Raptors gave up 9 fast break points in the 20 minutes he was on the floor? I'm just trying to figure out why Nurse felt Serge's played pretty well ...assuming he's not simply trying to cover for his player. I watched the game, and went over the youtube highlights a couple times. One thing I noticed on the highlight reel (not the best place to draw conclusions from) was that when JV was on the floor a lot of the Cavs points came off the fast break with JV trailing the play and Cavs 5 on 4 against the Raps. When Serge was on the floor the Cavs seemed to get their points facing a half court defence where the shots are generally contested much better. Just something to keep an eye on. I know everyone is up in arms pretty early about JV not closing the game.
              Yeah, it's a bit of a trade-off. JV is definitely slower back, though it should also be noted that the Cavs had fewer transition opportunities with Serge because Serge kept giving loose ball fouls on Raptor misses and ended up fouling out (and putting the Raps deep in the bonus late in the game) because of it. Of course there's also the 2nd chance points...

But the reality is that the best way to defend a lead is not with defence, but with offence. Score more often and there will be fewer misses to run off of. Score more often and you can absorb an opposing player randomly getting hot much easier.

Still. The team was up double digits, and just had to hold on, so it was fine going back to Serge as they didn't have to be very good to win. I can buy that logic for it a lot more than I can buy that the expected point differential would be better with Serge at C - meaning it's a fine safe look to defend a lead (though I'd bet we blow a lead or come real close by playing that sort of lineup at the end of a game at some point this year), but if it's a sign that we'd use that sort of look against that sort of lineup in a tied game, then I'm concerned.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Pretty

Pretty

Pretty

Pretty good.

Comment

• Siakam = Giannis 2.0

Comment

• Kawhisexual wrote: View Post
                    Siakam = Giannis 2.0
                    I thought he was Draymond 2.0. Is he both?
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                      I thought he was Draymond 2.0. Is he both?
                      He's more of a KG 2.0

fuck it.

He got Ginnias' scoring, Draymond's passing, KG's Defense
                      Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

• There really is no comparison for Siakam. Draymond's unique advantage is his strength for his size. Siakam's advantages are his fast twitch muscles and ridiculous motor. The only similarity for both are point-forward skills.

I don't think we've ever seen an ultra-high energy big man turn into a do-it-all point forward who can guard 5 positions. Closest comp for Siakam might be Shawn Marion, with better handles and a worse 3-ball. Lower-middle class man's Giannis is pretty good for now.

Comment

• Another guy I was loving when he was drafted.

Yup.

So there.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            Another guy I was loving when he was drafted.

Yup.

So there.
                            I don't remember that. Proof?

Comment

• Go find it, you know I would never take the time.

It had something to do with Biyombo I think.... guys were all pissy he was gone and I was like, are you kidding, you just drafted a younger better version of BB wtf.

True story.

Don't let my absence (kids, life, new career etc) fool you, or have you forget... I'm still the king baby.

Hail to the king baby, and gimme some sugar!

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                Go find it, you know I would never take the time.

It had something to do with Biyombo I think.... guys were all pissy he was gone and I was like, are you kidding, you just drafted a younger better version of BB wtf.

True story.

Don't let my absence (kids, life, new career etc) fool you, or have you forget... I'm still the king baby.

Hail to the king baby, and gimme some sugar!
                                Doesn't you thinking that Pascal was some form of Bismack Biyombo sort of undercut your whole "I was right" angle? Siakam is so good because he's proving he is nothing like Biyombo.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X