Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Shams usually has an insight on things but I am not a fan of DeAndre Hunter and I'm kind of glad the trade didn't pan out.

But if a similar offer was there I'd try to move Hunter to the Blazers in a 4-team super trade with the Heat.

Toronto: Herro, Griffin, Bogdanovic (who can be traded in Sept), picks
    Atlanta: Pascal, Thad
    Miami: Lillard, Porter Jr
    Portland: Hunter, Lowry, Jovic, picks

Something like that. Toronto maybe gets the Kings 2024 pick, and possibly the Hawks 2029 pick or a late pick swap instead maybe. Portland gets all the picks and swaps that Miami can offer for Dame.

Portland would likely prefer a wing over a guard so I see a better fit with Hunter there than Herro. We don't need Bogdanovic especially if we're bringing in Herro but it avoids the Hawks from going into the tax, plus we need a 3-3 trade now that we picked up Temple and have no roster spots left. Thad and Porter Jr become the cap ballast.

Fanspo suggest that Blazers might be over the tax by $21K but that may not be accurate. But whatever happens the Blazers will have to duck that.. and if it's just $21K I'm sure some team can take / waive a player to help them out.

Have you even watched enough Hawks to have an opinion on Hunter?

I really like him as a player. Solid everywhere. 25 years old, signed to a reasonable deal on term.

Like what is it specifically you don't like about him?

He's been above average from 3pt two years in a row. Solid FT shooter who gets to the line at a decent clip. Decent rebounder. Doesn't turn the ball over. I'm not sure what there is to really dislike about him.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Have you even watched enough Hawks to have an opinion on Hunter?

I really like him as a player. Solid everywhere. 25 years old, signed to a reasonable deal on term.

Like what is it specifically you don't like about him?

He's been above average from 3pt two years in a row. Solid FT shooter who gets to the line at a decent clip. Decent rebounder. Doesn't turn the ball over. I'm not sure what there is to really dislike about him.
      He's just not productive at all and has been in the league for 4 years. Always had a negative PIPM. In his best year (second) he was at 0.08 but he only played 23 games. And his net rating obviously concurs. He's basically playing like a fungible player. Yet he's making about 15% of the cap now with his extension.

And on top of that he's always hurt. The most he's ever played in a season was 67 games.

He's an average 3pt shooter. Low stock (steal/block) rates for a player of his stature. He's a decent rebounder. Not a great playmaker. And ultimately not a guy I want as the big money piece coming back in a Pascal trade, unless you want an expiring contract which I would honestly prefer if that was the option.

Comment

He's just not productive at all and has been in the league for 4 years. Always had a negative PIPM. In his best year (second) he was at 0.08 but he only played 23 games. And his net rating obviously concurs. He's basically playing like a fungible player. Yet he's making about 15% of the cap now with his extension.

And on top of that he's always hurt. The most he's ever played in a season was 67 games.

He's an average 3pt shooter. Low stock (steal/block) rates for a player of his stature. He's a decent rebounder. Not a great playmaker. And ultimately not a guy I want as the big money piece coming back in a Pascal trade, unless you want an expiring contract which I would honestly prefer if that was the option.
        So TLDR you have not watched him play.

His 1st year was the bubble and he played 63 out of 67 games.

Last year he played 67 games. Same as OG.

Not injury prone.

I would recommend you check his playoff stats. He was awsosme in the playoffs the past 2 seasons.
        Last edited by Primer; Tue Aug 8, 2023, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• Yup I think that Masai is not interested in Hunter nor his contract… and that if a trade is going to happen, the salary matching player will come from another team.

Comment

We need a back up PF behind Scottie so Hunter is fine. The returning value is Griffin and the hope he can be a franchise guy one day. Along with the draft picks.

Trent
            AJ
            OG
            Scottie
            Jak

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

We need a back up PF behind Scottie so Hunter is fine. The returning value is Griffin and the hope he can be a franchise guy one day. Along with the draft picks.

Trent
              AJ
              OG
              Scottie
              Jak
              We don't need a backup PF in the Pascal trade. We need guys that are good. And/or can be good. I'm just not a big fan of Hunter, and I don't think Atlanta is either and that's why they want to trade him.

Comment

So TLDR you have not watched him play.

His 1st year was the bubble and he played 63 out of 67 games.

Last year he played 67 games. Same as OG.

Not injury prone.

I would recommend you check his playoff stats. He was awsosme in the playoffs the past 2 seasons.
                I have seen him play. He's never blown me away. I thought he was going to be an OG like player but he's not a great defender. Yet should be.

OG is also injury prone. But OG just is unlucky as he gets various types of injuries like getting poked in the eye or having an appendectomy. Hunter has had multiple knee injuries and ankle injuries. He's young but I'd wonder if he's going to have a long career.

But ultimately I care about impact and production though. And he's never been impactful. He hasn't helped Atlanta win games. Despite having good numbers, they don't translate. Which is the biggest reason why I'm not a fan.

Comment

• TomAmnot wrote: View Post
                  Yup I think that Masai is not interested in Hunter nor his contract… and that if a trade is going to happen, the salary matching player will come from another team.
                  Yeah I think this is the biggest reason why the trade hasn't happened. Atlanta is pushing Hunter on us, and we're not enthusiastic enough about him. Nor should we be.

Comment

We don't need a backup PF in the Pascal trade. We need guys that are good. And/or can be good. I'm just not a big fan of Hunter, and I don't think Atlanta is either and that's why they want to trade him.
                    He shoots and rebounds and that's valuable in the quick decision offense Darko talked about. You need guys that can attack in one form or another. I can see him playing small ball C at times.

You can't win every aspect of the trade. Griffin is a win if he pans out.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

He shoots and rebounds and that's valuable in the quick decision offense Darko talked about. You need guys that can attack in one form or another. I can see him playing small ball C at times.

You can't win every aspect of the trade. Griffin is a win if he pans out.
                      Hunter is like 6'8 or 6'9. How is he playing center? He's a typical wing. He shoots about average.. which is okay but not great. He can rebound but that's not really a need. And his defense is average to below average.

I want a lot more for Pascal than I guess most here. And I'm glad Masai isn't going to just give him away either.

Comment

Hunter is like 6'8 or 6'9. How is he playing center? He's a typical wing. He shoots about average.. which is okay but not great. He can rebound but that's not really a need. And his defense is average to below average.

I want a lot more for Pascal than I guess most here. And I'm glad Masai isn't going to just give him away either.
                        Hunter averaged 21 pts, 4 reb shooting 46% from 3 on 5.2 attempts per game, 64.3% eFG, 67.3% TS in the playoffs over 5 games.

But sure he has no potential.

Comment

Hunter averaged 21 pts, 4 reb shooting 46% from 3 on 5.2 attempts per game, 64.3% eFG, 67.3% TS in the playoffs over 5 games.

But sure he has no potential.
                          Interesting that you used that season's stats and not this seasons.

Either way in that season you quoted, he had a -21.4 net rating in those same 5 games. Small sample size but yeah that's not great and like I said earlier.. hasn't been super impactful in his time in Atlanta.

Comment

Interesting that you used that season's stats and not this seasons.

Either way in that season you quoted, he had a -21.4 net rating in those same 5 games. Small sample size but yeah that's not great and like I said earlier.. hasn't been super impactful in his time in Atlanta.

Ok here is this season in the playoffs

17 pts, 6 reb, 54.1% eFG, 37% 3pt on 6.3 attempts, 55.9% TS over 6 games.

Oopsies, that doesn't help your argument either does it? Those are excellent stats in the playoffs

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote:

People are gonna cry about not getting hometown discount again
                              I bet he gets a max offer, it will be more than this.

Comment

• I thought atl pulled griffin from any deal awhile ago? No date, this sounds way old

Comment

Working...
                                X