Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Shredder wrote: View Post

    Ya Okongwu works money wise, but I'm sure that's another piece ATL is holding back.

    But if the return is Okongwu, Hunter, Griffin and say a 24 1st pick (ATL has two; theirs and SAC's) then I'm in. I'm sure that's not on the table and Shams hasn't reported a trade yet.

    We would have too many players at that point, who would get waived/traded away?
    Have to imagine they just cut the expendable vet depth they've added, two of Thad, Temple, Okongwu. That's assuming they don't send back a minor piece like Koloko (since Okongwu is incoming), Precious or Flynn in the deal to balance the numbers a bit, or just cut Flynn.

    Have to think they'd chase some secondary deals to move someone like Boucher for a cuttable salary and a minor asset anyway, so who knows if they manage to wiggle out of some contracts that way too - like is it Boucher and Flynn for an expiring and a 2nd or some such, so they can keep younger pieces like the incoming guys as well as a fringe guy like Dowtin.

    In any case, I doubt Okongwu is the piece that makes it happen. Suspect Atlanta really wants to hold onto him as their backup 4 and 5, and is willing to bet he won't get overpaid too much on his RFA deal. So then it needs to be Patty Mills (which can't happen until Sep 12), or if they are adding another prospect of value (like Bufkin) they need to add him AND another piece over 2M (Bruno Fernando?). Then it's 4 for 1 and Raps need to waive guys. If it's Fernando coming back they can waive an exhibit 10 guy to fit the trade on the offseason roster and waive Fernando after to re-sign the exhibit 10 guy, but otherwise same issue as noted above re: roster spots.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

    Comment


    • DanH wrote: View Post

      Have to imagine they just cut the expendable vet depth they've added, two of Thad, Temple, Okongwu. That's assuming they don't send back a minor piece like Koloko (since Okongwu is incoming), Precious or Flynn in the deal to balance the numbers a bit, or just cut Flynn.

      Have to think they'd chase some secondary deals to move someone like Boucher for a cuttable salary and a minor asset anyway, so who knows if they manage to wiggle out of some contracts that way too - like is it Boucher and Flynn for an expiring and a 2nd or some such, so they can keep younger pieces like the incoming guys as well as a fringe guy like Dowtin.

      In any case, I doubt Okongwu is the piece that makes it happen. Suspect Atlanta really wants to hold onto him as their backup 4 and 5, and is willing to bet he won't get overpaid too much on his RFA deal. So then it needs to be Patty Mills (which can't happen until Sep 12), or if they are adding another prospect of value (like Bufkin) they need to add him AND another piece over 2M (Bruno Fernando?). Then it's 4 for 1 and Raps need to waive guys. If it's Fernando coming back they can waive an exhibit 10 guy to fit the trade on the offseason roster and waive Fernando after to re-sign the exhibit 10 guy, but otherwise same issue as noted above re: roster spots.
      don't you think it could be part of a 3 team trade?

      Comment


      • Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
        I thought atl pulled griffin from any deal awhile ago? No date, this sounds way old
        Shams Charnia hungry for clicks.

        Summer doldrums for him and Woj.

        Comment


        • TomAmnot wrote: View Post

          don't you think it could be part of a 3 team trade?
          I mean, sure, but usually that would just mean the Raps sending assets to the third team to take the extra contracts. Way better off to just waive guys who aren't important to the team.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

          Comment


          • Something worth noting - as of now, if they extend Pascal, he won't be able to be traded at the deadline, which is now just under 6 months away.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment


            • Raps' management are never in a hurry to do anything. The longer this goes the fewer options they have and the more it looks like they have every intention of retaining Pascal.

              Comment


              • DanH wrote: View Post
                Something worth noting - as of now, if they extend Pascal, he won't be able to be traded at the deadline, which is now just under 6 months away.
                Yeah damn, I thought we had more time.

                Need Masai to get this Hawks deal through.

                Comment


                • Primer wrote: View Post

                  Yeah damn, I thought we had more time.

                  Need Masai to get this Hawks deal through.
                  I don't think Masai will budge until Bufkin gets thrown in. Pascal is too good for the current offer.

                  Comment


                  • Primer wrote: View Post

                    Ok here is this season in the playoffs

                    17 pts, 6 reb, 54.1% eFG, 37% 3pt on 6.3 attempts, 55.9% TS over 6 games.

                    Oopsies, that doesn't help your argument either does it? Those are excellent stats in the playoffs
                    It does because you didn't provide his impact stats which is what I obviously cared about. He was also a negative player in those playoffs. Just not terrible like he was in the season you had quoted.

                    Either way I'm glad Masai said no to that trade.

                    Comment


                    • planetmars wrote: View Post

                      It does because you didn't provide his impact stats which is what I obviously cared about. He was also a negative player in those playoffs. Just not terrible like he was in the season you had quoted.

                      Either way I'm glad Masai said no to that trade.
                      Impact stats say the entire Hawks suck. They also said Poeltl sucked on San Antonio but was really good in Toronto. Impact stats are a dumb way to evaluate players on different teams.

                      I can't wait for Masai to accept that trade.

                      Comment


                      • Primer wrote: View Post

                        Impact stats say the entire Hawks suck. They also said Poeltl sucked on San Antonio but was really good in Toronto. Impact stats are a dumb way to evaluate players on different teams.

                        I can't wait for Masai to accept that trade.
                        Jak only had one negative season in his career. And it was in 46 games. But he was positive for the most part in San Antonio. Hunter has been mostly negative. Maybe a different team would help. But I can not be a fan right? Why are you trying to tell me he's great when I don't believe he is?

                        Either way the trade didn't happen. Once something like that goes public and was shown to be rejected, its likely not going to magically happen. Masai walked away. And I'm glad he did.

                        Comment


                        • planetmars wrote: View Post

                          It does because you didn't provide his impact stats which is what I obviously cared about. He was also a negative player in those playoffs. Just not terrible like he was in the season you had quoted.

                          Either way I'm glad Masai said no to that trade.
                          This is a bit of a weird take. Hunter is no standout but he's a viable rotation player, 63rd percentile EPM. And has some upside within the Raps structure since he can shoot and that's more valuable/scarce here than on the Hawks.

                          As for his on/offs, he had the 2nd best on/off for the Hawks this most recent playoffs, they had a -2 net rating with him and a -11 net rating when he sat, only Bogdan looked better and his was a smaller sample of minutes. The year before the entire team got absolutely swamped, and he had a bad net rating swing but there were big names with worse on-court ratings (Capela and Collins) - mostly their starters got destroyed and their bench was decent.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • What have Hunter's injuries been like? Anything recurring/a red flag?

                            Comment


                            • DanH wrote: View Post

                              This is a bit of a weird take. Hunter is no standout but he's a viable rotation player, 63rd percentile EPM. And has some upside within the Raps structure since he can shoot and that's more valuable/scarce here than on the Hawks.

                              As for his on/offs, he had the 2nd best on/off for the Hawks this most recent playoffs, they had a -2 net rating with him and a -11 net rating when he sat, only Bogdan looked better and his was a smaller sample of minutes. The year before the entire team got absolutely swamped, and he had a bad net rating swing but there were big names with worse on-court ratings (Capela and Collins) - mostly their starters got destroyed and their bench was decent.
                              63rd percentile is not great. He's basically a fungible player IMO. And is making close to 15% of the cap. It's not a great situation for me. I am simply not a big fan of his so I don't want him in a trade for our best player. And using Collins as an example of a big name isn't a great use of one. They got rid of Collins and got nothing tangible back for him (a future 2nd rounder). There are rumours that they are willing to move Capela as well.

                              Atlanta has been dangling him in trades after just resigning him. It feels like they don't really want him. Again I'm super glad Masai passed on that trade.

                              Comment


                              • SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                                What have Hunter's injuries been like? Anything recurring/a red flag?
                                He had a torn lateral meniscus in one knee and had surgery on it a couple of years ago. But he has had some knee discomfort and swelling as well just last year. He's had an ankle sprain. He broke his wrist I believe early in his career. Has had other ailments as well including his hip and back causing him to miss a couple of games.

                                The knee is what worries me the most about him.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X