No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pascal's other good game this season was against Milwaukee, who have Brook Lopez and Giannis roaming the paint, so I'm not sure it's as simple as all that.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Pascal's other good game this season was against Milwaukee, who have Brook Lopez and Giannis roaming the paint, so I'm not sure it's as simple as all that.
      He was so on point with the angles using the glass perfectly.

Comment

Pascal's other good game this season was against Milwaukee, who have Brook Lopez and Giannis roaming the paint, so I'm not sure it's as simple as all that.
        Didn't he hit like 5 3's that game?

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Didn't he hit like 5 3's that game?
          Yeah. Is that bad?

He was also 4/5 inside the arc, 3/3 from the line, and had 6 rebounds and 7 assists to 3 turnovers. Pretty good overall, no?

He's not going to go 15/20 from the floor every game, but he is clearly capable of having a good game against a team with rim protection. It was an excellent game because he hit some threes, if he shot more typically from three he ends up with 20 points instead of 26, not exactly a terrible outcome.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yeah. Is that bad?

He was also 4/5 inside the arc, 3/3 from the line, and had 6 rebounds and 7 assists to 3 turnovers. Pretty good overall, no?

He's not going to go 15/20 from the floor every game, but he is clearly capable of having a good game against a team with rim protection. It was an excellent game because he hit some threes, if he shot more typically from three he ends up with 20 points instead of 26, not exactly a terrible outcome.
            Well Lopez wasn't playing drop that game.. they shifted when the players had a meeting and convinced Griffin to change the defense. I'm just saying Pascal struggles in the paint when there is length around him.. and we've faced a lot of teams this season with length (outside of the Mavs). And against the Bucks he was on fire from out at the perimeter where length doesn't matter and their center was out at the perimeter too.

So let's see what he does against Porzingis and Horford.

Comment

• Interesting game upcoming with a big who can draw out his defender from the middle. Yak vs. Porzingis match up.

Maybe Darko for most of the game will play small and have Scottie or Otto defend Porzingis. Otto playing Center/Forward last game is a sight to see haha.

Precious could return and play but with limited minutes

What I liked about Scottie/ Otto and so is Gradey, these three are great being in the thick of things fighting for rebounds and loose balls.
              Dennis too.

Comment

• Colour me not impressed with this game against Dallas. One of the worst defenses in the league with zero rim protection. Also still haven't seen Scottie and Pascal play well at the same time.

Comment

• I really can't wrap my head around anyone who thinks Scottie didn't play well last night. Like, he was great! He missed some jumpers. But there's more to basketball than hitting jump shots and he was huge everywhere else!
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I really can't wrap my head around anyone who thinks Scottie didn't play well last night. Like, he was great! He missed some jumpers. But there's more to basketball than hitting jump shots and he was huge everywhere else!
                    He had to find a way to be great on defence and the periphery of the game because Pascal decided he could contribute offensively for once. Yay.

Comment

Scottie put up 14/14/7/4/2 and only scored so little because he couldn't sink a jumper to save his life last night. 0/2 on midrange jumpers, 0/4 from three. One middy and one three goes down and he has 19 points and no one is thinking that's a bad game.

Heck, both he and Pascal couldn't hit a jumper to save their lives and we put up 127 points. Very, very good sign.
                      Scottie was getting no shots until very late in the game, Pascal was taking a shit ton of shots until very late in the game. It's like one needs to be invisible for the other to do well. Watching the game they did not seem like a good pairing. Once Pascal got tired and stopped dominating the ball Scottie took over.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Scottie was getting no shots until very late in the game, Pascal was taking a shit ton of shots until very late in the game. It's like one needs to be invisible for the other to do well. Watching the game they did not seem like a good pairing. Once Pascal got tired and stopped dominating the ball Scottie took over.
                        Like half of Scottie's assists for the game went to Pascal. It's almost like they were playing well together the whole time, and just because one carried the scoring load for much of the game and the other carried it late doesn't make them incompatible!

It's hardly a rarity for a team getting shelled by a single scorer to sell out to get the ball away from them, and it's a good thing when you have options to keep scoring late in the game when that happens!

We just put up 127 points (the most points the Mavs have given up all year, for the record). How we find a way to complain about the offensive fit of our stars after they drive a performance like that is amazing to me.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Like half of Scottie's assists for the game went to Pascal. It's almost like they were playing well together the whole time, and just because one carried the scoring load for much of the game and the other carried it late doesn't make them incompatible!

It's hardly a rarity for a team getting shelled by a single scorer to sell out to get the ball away from them, and it's a good thing when you have options to keep scoring late in the game when that happens!

We just put up 127 points (the most points the Mavs have given up all year, for the record). How we find a way to complain about the offensive fit of our stars after they drive a performance like that is amazing to me.
                          I want Scottie to be the alpha and lead scorer. You just saw that ain't happening if Pascal is also trying to be the Alpha. Then Scottie gets relegated back to 15 shots a game while Pascal takes 25. Scottie and Pascal can't both be elite at the same time, one of them needs to take a backseat.

Comment

• That game from Scottie was bare minimum. He's a supertar. It's fair to expect superstar like performances from him
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Since this team is still a WIP and have just played a handful of games,
                              fair to give them more time to gel.
                              As long as Pascal proves that he is UNSELFISH and willing to play in Darko's system, ie off ball and cutter.
                              He has proven to be successful in that kind of role in 2019.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

I want Scottie to be the alpha and lead scorer. You just saw that ain't happening if Pascal is also trying to be the Alpha. Then Scottie gets relegated back to 15 shots a game while Pascal takes 25. Scottie and Pascal can't both be elite at the same time, one of them needs to take a backseat.
                                Pascal has a usage rate above 25% in just 3 games so far this year (which he did 53 times last year), and has yet to break 30% assist rate, which he did 23 times last year. Seems like Scottie has been the alpha, in terms of usage, scoring and playmaking. There being the occasional game where the matchups and opposing defence dictate a different primary scorer is not some failure, it's how good teams work.

It might be underutilizing Pascal, but good teams have guys who can step up into bigger roles in certain matchups. Almost any superstar combination/team-up over the last while has had one or more of those stars end up doing less than they would on their own. We'll see how the season shakes out, but these critiques are just odd, especially with the team seeming to get better as they go here.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X