Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maury wrote: View Post
    I really don't like the way the offence has changed the last couple of games. Scottie has been relegated to the perimeter once again. He needs to be a slashing power forward. His shot looks good and I still trust it, but that doesn't mean he should be used as a floor spacer while Pascal is on the floor.
    The Raptors need to maximize Scottie's potential. That's not going to happen with Pascal here
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

The Raptors need to maximize Scottie's potential. That's not going to happen with Pascal here
      They are probably showcasing Pascal.

Comment

• Neither Scottie nor Pascal should be sitting there as a floor spacer for the other, and both are doing way too much of that, Scottie more recently and Pascal basically the whole season.

But with three creators in the starting lineup, and so many actions starting with Schroder, it's hard to get both involved in the primary actions, so here we are. In lineups with two shooters and a C or three shooters around those two you can have them both involved. Overall the starters have been OK this year, though nothing to write home about. But it's costing us engagement of one or both of our stars throughout the game and not gaining us all that much. It's not even that Schroder can't space the floor (he's been shockingly good from 3) - it's the team defaulting to the ball in his hands way too much and the other creators not getting chances until later in the clock.

Maybe Scottie and Pascal are just incompatible. But I'd sure like to see them get a chance to be compatible in lineups that make more sense to me before we sell on Pascal for the sake of starting our MLE signing, however well he's played thus far. Obviously Gary being hurt limits our lineup opportunities so it's not always that simple but still.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
          Neither Scottie nor Pascal should be sitting there as a floor spacer for the other, and both are doing way too much of that, Scottie more recently and Pascal basically the whole season.

But with three creators in the starting lineup, and so many actions starting with Schroder, it's hard to get both involved in the primary actions, so here we are. In lineups with two shooters and a C or three shooters around those two you can have them both involved. Overall the starters have been OK this year, though nothing to write home about. But it's costing us engagement of one or both of our stars throughout the game and not gaining us all that much. It's not even that Schroder can't space the floor (he's been shockingly good from 3) - it's the team defaulting to the ball in his hands way too much and the other creators not getting chances until later in the clock.

Maybe Scottie and Pascal are just incompatible. But I'd sure like to see them get a chance to be compatible in lineups that make more sense to me before we sell on Pascal for the sake of starting our MLE signing, however well he's played thus far. Obviously Gary being hurt limits our lineup opportunities so it's not always that simple but still.
          Moving Dennis to the bench will not make the Scottie and Pascal pairing work.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Moving Dennis to the bench will not make the Scottie and Pascal pairing work.
            How do you know?

Pascal has a 28% usage away from Schroder.

Scottie has a 28% usage away from Schroder.

We've barely even tried them as a pair away from Schroder (23 minutes), but when we have, although each are not quite as high usage as posted above, they have posted a 145 ORTG in that tiny sample.

Why would we not try it? How could the outcome be much worse than the current situation where Scottie or Pascal are getting ignored in the offence for long stretches and we are achieving a break-even starting lineup as a result?
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

How do you know?

Pascal has a 28% usage away from Schroder.

Scottie has a 28% usage away from Schroder.

We've barely even tried them as a pair away from Schroder (23 minutes), but when we have, although each are not quite as high usage as posted above, they have posted a 145 ORTG in that tiny sample.

Why would we not try it? How could the outcome be much worse than the current situation where Scottie or Pascal are getting ignored in the offence for long stretches and we are achieving a break-even starting lineup as a result?
              Because I've seen the pairing not work for 3 straight seasons.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Because I've seen the pairing not work for 3 straight seasons.
                This is the very first few games of Scottie's 3rd year, so I doubt it.

You've seen 1.5 seasons of them not have a center, one of which resulted in 48 wins, a half a season of them having a C in which they went 15-10, and a handful of games this season where they've had Schroder messing up their touches.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• You both may end up agreeing when it’s all said and done.

Personally I would pick that game against the Knicks on Dec 1, that is around the 20th game mark.

good gauge to determine where this team is at with a new coach, new philosophy and whether Scottie and Pascal can co-exist together.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                    You both may end up agreeing when it’s all said and done.

Personally I would pick that game against the Knicks on Dec 1, that is around the 20th game mark.

good gauge to determine where this team is at with a new coach, new philosophy and whether Scottie and Pascal can co-exist together.
                    The first major NBA trade window starts mid-December and they likely won't play Dec 2-10, so December 16th will be their first real kick at the can.

In general, not sure the question is whether Pascal and Scottie can co-exist. More like can the Raptors build a title contender with Barnes-Siakam as the two best players both making max salaries. There's a lot of other roster construction considerations affecting the future that also need to be addressed regardless of what they do with Siakam. I would say though that the Pascal shoe has to drop first - one way or another.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

The first major NBA trade window starts mid-December and they likely won't play Dec 2-10, so December 16th will be their first real kick at the can.

In general, not sure the question is whether Pascal and Scottie can co-exist. More like can the Raptors build a title contender with Barnes-Siakam as the two best players both making max salaries. There's a lot of other roster construction considerations affecting the future that also need to be addressed regardless of what they do with Siakam. I would say though that the Pascal shoe has to drop first - one way or another.
                      “You hear that Mr. Anderson, that is the sound of Inevitability”. Lol

Comment

• “ My Name is Spicy P “

Comment

• I'm not even a fan of his, but does a trade of Pascal for Towns make any sense? Probably a better fit between Gobert/Pascal and Scottie/Towns, but never been a big fan of Towns. Just doesn't seem like he's very motivated.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I'm not even a fan of his, but does a trade of Pascal for Towns make any sense? Probably a better fit between Gobert/Pascal and Scottie/Towns, but never been a big fan of Towns. Just doesn't seem like he's very motivated.
                            Wolves are doing really well right now. So I don't think they are in any rush for a trade
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• I don't really think Pascal + Gobert is a good fit. KAT allows Gobert to roam the paint. Pascal needs to play with KAT for it to work better.

Comment

• Pascal on Denver would be great for example.. but they have Gordon playing that role and he's much cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                                X