Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Dan didnt you say this team is top 4 in the east once we got Poeltl? What happened? Oh ya rotations

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

Oh, I didn't realize your concern with our three point shooting was with our non-shooters, not our shooters.
    ”Oh” its not Dan my concern as mentioned was with the starting 5/the core of this team. Yes OG has been doing well probably our best and hes 48th in the league in 3pm despite his high %. And ya lets talk about Porter when he strings a dozen games together.

Inserting gary or otto into the starting lineup isnt going to change things. You would have to bench probably shroder who isnt too bad at shooting but lose shroders other assets playing the point.

The reason non shooters are taking so many shots is there isnt enough shooters. Most of the team cant shoot are you gonna get gary or otto to hoist 50 shots a game? Teams dont even respect our three game they just let us shoot not sure how much more open or good shots need to be created when they just let us fire away.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    https://heavy.com/sports/golden-stat...thompson-paul/

Pascal for Klay?

Grumpy Klay will do anything to get himself banned from Canada before that happens.
    Last edited by Kagemusha; Tue Nov 28, 2023, 03:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post
    Raps have 7 regular rotation players shooting over 36% from 3 (Otto, OG, Barnes, Trent, Flynn, Boucher, Dennis). That's more than enough shooting for an NBA team. The only guys who suck are Pascal (22%) and Jakob.

And Pascal needs to step up. 22% from a guy who is chasing a max contract is ridiculous.
    Some pretty insane stretching there to make it seem like we have shooters.

Otto has played a whopping 110 minutes so far, 11th most on the team and half the minutes of the 10th guy Precious. But sure let's pretend he's part of our regular rotation.

Boucher is not a good shooter. Career 33.6% from 3. This season so far is a massive outlier and it's coming on career low attempts. Boucher does not space the floor.

Flynn is a career 33.9% 3pt shooter.

Schroder is a career 33.8% 3pt shooter.

Barnes I think has made the shooting leap so he's legit, OG has always been a great shooter and so has Trent. So really 3 regular rotation guys who are reliable shooters.

I do wholeheartedly agree with placing 90% of the blame on Pascal though. Easiest solution is to trade him.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Raps have 7 regular rotation players shooting over 36% from 3 (Otto, OG, Barnes, Trent, Flynn, Boucher, Dennis). That's more than enough shooting for an NBA team. The only guys who suck are Pascal (22%) and Jakob.

And Pascal needs to step up. 22% from a guy who is chasing a max contract is ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post

scouting reports pre nba…

Pascal Siakam - His three-point shot is still a work in progress… Inconsistent at times.

OG Anunoby - struggling quite a bit to get it off when closely contested

Scottie Barnes - The biggest thing holding Barnes back from a higher selection is his inconsistent jump shooting … The willingness to shoot threes is a positive, but his 30% is less than ideal

then theres poeltl (no 3) and shroder (avg 3)

shooting was an issue with our 3 most valuable players in college with nurse and with darko. Its not rotations dan. They have some great skills but shooting isnt one of them. Our entire starting lineup lacks 3 point shooting its pretty clear not sure why you keep denying it. I did the numbers last two years the bottom 10 teams in 3% have about an 85% chance of not making the playoffs its not a coincidence.

Oh, I didn't realize your concern with our three point shooting was with our non-shooters, not our shooters.

The shooting percentage is low because a) we aren't generating good looks for our shooters, so they aren't shooting well (Gary has managed to climb back to 37% though he should be higher, but Gradey can't hit a shot) - though OG has been good, as always, as has Otto. And our non-shooters are taking way too many of those shots (because rotations are leaving them in lineups where they are not in the right role on offence) - guys like Precious, McDaniels, and even Pascal, who should absolutely not be camping out at the line but there he is, launching 4 attempts a game when he could be far better used if he wasn't sharing the floor with two other creators a huge chunk of the time.

I agree that the current starting lineup is imbalanced and should have another shooter in there instead of another creator. Have you not been paying attention to anything I've been saying? That's the entire argument. What an odd combination of things to say: "It's not rotations, just look at how poorly constructed the starting lineup is!"

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied

Well, part of this is we're running our spot up shooters in lineups with too few creators, meaning they never get good looks, and too few good shooters in the lineups with our stars, meaning the good looks they create are wasted. Seems like rotations could help with that issue too!
    scouting reports pre nba…

Pascal Siakam - His three-point shot is still a work in progress… Inconsistent at times.

OG Anunoby - struggling quite a bit to get it off when closely contested

Scottie Barnes - The biggest thing holding Barnes back from a higher selection is his inconsistent jump shooting … The willingness to shoot threes is a positive, but his 30% is less than ideal

then theres poeltl (no 3) and shroder (avg 3)

shooting was an issue with our 3 most valuable players in college with nurse and with darko. Its not rotations dan. They have some great skills but shooting isnt one of them. Our entire starting lineup lacks 3 point shooting its pretty clear not sure why you keep denying it. I did the numbers last two years the bottom 10 teams in 3% have about an 85% chance of not making the playoffs its not a coincidence.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied

Further proof they don't fit and Pascal needs to be dealt for Scottie to take the next leap.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    https://twitter.com/AaronBenRose/sta...UQUmG9kSA&s=19

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post

47% from three

What happened to scouting guru Masai?
    Well Walker will not shoot 47% all year. He's a career 36% shooter, less than 35% coming into this season.

It's not just contender, it's also opportunity to play. He's getting 20+ minutes a night in Brooklyn. As much as I'd like to see the Raps play their off ball shooters more and would like to think he'd get a similar opportunity here, reality is thus far it looks like he wouldn't have.

I'm not going to sit here and pine over missing out on Lonnie Walker. We've got guys who can do what he is doing - just need to put them in a position to succeed. Adding a bunch more similar shooters who do little else wouldn't solve many problems without creating a bunch of new ones.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Lonnie Walker also signed for the minimum, with a non-contender.. Nets.
    47% from three

What happened to scouting guru Masai?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Both signed with contenders. No guarantee they'd have taken the Raps money over a chance at a chip. Both are probably hoping for the Bruce Brown bump where they can cash in after a playoff run next summer.
    Lonnie Walker also signed for the minimum, with a non-contender.. Nets.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied

Seems like you are ignoring the point. Generally the good players who sign for so little are hoping for a big pay bump after a playoff run. It's exactly how Masai himself got Bismack Biyombo. They won't take an extra million or two and decrease their chances at that payday.

I'd say Schroder was an excellent bench get for a value deal, with some term. Just gotta stop starting the guy.
    And Schroeder said the reason he came here was because of Darko, so I guess we can’t complain too much about how he’s using him. lol.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    G____Deane wrote: View Post

Always some excuse. Can't sign the prime FA, can't sign the C level FA.
    It's his JOB to figure it out and bring some decent bench guys here.

Some of these guys aren't making scrap (2.7 & 2.9 respectively), pay them an extra million we have our own scrubs making far more.
    Seems like you are ignoring the point. Generally the good players who sign for so little are hoping for a big pay bump after a playoff run. It's exactly how Masai himself got Bismack Biyombo. They won't take an extra million or two and decrease their chances at that payday.

I'd say Schroder was an excellent bench get for a value deal, with some term. Just gotta stop starting the guy.

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied

Both signed with contenders. No guarantee they'd have taken the Raps money over a chance at a chip. Both are probably hoping for the Bruce Brown bump where they can cash in after a playoff run next summer.
    Always some excuse. Can't sign the prime FA, can't sign the C level FA.
    It's his JOB to figure it out and bring some decent bench guys here.

Some of these guys aren't making scrap (2.7 & 2.9 respectively), pay them an extra million we have our own scrubs making far more.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X