No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know thats on the table? How do you know that fits with the teams salary and roster management plans? What makes you think sentiment plays a role at all?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

You think Darko decided screw the system lets put the ball in Pascal's hands more that early in the season? That's not a very confident coach to flip on what he's been preaching since he got here.
      No I think they were losing games and he felt the pressure to do something different. Finally got Dennis to go to the bench. But even before then strategized things different and saw different outcomes. He's a new coach. But it's good to see he's flexible. And I don't think it has anything to do with highlighting anyone more. Or else OG would have been a lot more featured too.. as he was the first starter to get traded.

Comment

• Another media guy spit-balling Pascal trades... but it's an interesting take since Indy's ownership is cheap, like the Raptors.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's early, so take with a grain of salt, but Luka and Jokic both measure out very similarly in DEPM to Pascal right now. Haliburton measures out as a disaster. Tatum doesn't measure out dramatically better either (small net positive instead of small net negative).

Pascal can be better defensively. But if your top usage guy is somewhere near a break even defender, it's not an issue that will sink your defence.
          The impact stats can be misleading.. it mostly measures on-off and we had no bench who was leaking more points than the starters. Defensive stats are so tough to gauge how good someone is.

But I can see Pascal typically assigned the weakest offensive player. And I see Pascal missing a lot on defense. I see that everywhere, but Pascal was a lot better in previous seasons even with high load. Like the post chip season. Or even the season after the bubble (when we won 48 games). He's just not been good enough IMO the last couple of seasons.

Scottie has the same issues. That Okoro three point shot late in the Cavs game was appalling. But he makes up for it with doing the dirty work that gets noticed. Like grabbing that big rebound late in that game. His stocks (steals/blocks) have gone up a lot this season.

Pascal is averaging 0.2 blocks a game.. lowest for his career. And 0.8 steals.. lowest since his rookie season. He's just not hustling enough out there IMO.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
            Another media guy spit-balling Pascal trades... but it's an interesting take since Indy's ownership is cheap, like the Raptors.

Haven't thought of that. That is one the better reasonings for the Pacers to get better but also not pay the luxury tax.

Comment

• I think Pascal is the kind of dude who would re-sign with a young but talented up and coming team as the 30 year old "captain", has a ring etc. and still be find making bank as the #2 to a great young PG or wing. Doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that needs to go to LA or NY or Miami. But I'd bet he leans Philly because of Embiid.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

No I think they were losing games and he felt the pressure to do something different. Finally got Dennis to go to the bench. But even before then strategized things different and saw different outcomes. He's a new coach. But it's good to see he's flexible. And I don't think it has anything to do with highlighting anyone more. Or else OG would have been a lot more featured too.. as he was the first starter to get traded.
                OG wasn't struggling though. He was great in the original system as well as when they reverted to a more Siakam friendly offense.

I'm thinking if Siakam is traded they return to a system similar to what they started the season with. Quick offense which probably fits Scottie better for Scottie's style of pushing the ball.

Comment

OG wasn't struggling though. He was great in the original system as well as when they reverted to a more Siakam friendly offense.

I'm thinking if Siakam is traded they return to a system similar to what they started the season with. Quick offense which probably fits Scottie better for Scottie's style of pushing the ball.
                  I think just moving Dennis to the bench has helped there more than anything.. as I think the ball was stuck in Dennis' hands too much preventing Scottie from pushing the tempo. And IQ coming in would help as he's now a starter.

Pascal is still getting up shots via ball movement.. he had 8 3pt attempts against the Cavs.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Another media guy spit-balling Pascal trades... but it's an interesting take since Indy's ownership is cheap, like the Raptors.

Nahhh..my prediction, we trade him somewhere else if we don't get what we deserve. Aaron Rose u clown.
                    We want Andrew Nambard and Jarace walker, fillers and 1st rd pick.
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I think just moving Dennis to the bench has helped there more than anything.. as I think the ball was stuck in Dennis' hands too much preventing Scottie from pushing the tempo. And IQ coming in would help as he's now a starter.

Pascal is still getting up shots via ball movement.. he had 8 3pt attempts against the Cavs.
                      We've lost too many games to feel like anything is working. All I can say is I think Darko's original system fit Scotties style of play more than this current one.

Comment

We've lost too many games to feel like anything is working. All I can say is I think Darko's original system fit Scotties style of play more than this current one.
                        Small sample size but you can’t really compare this team to the one we had for most of the season. Since we made the switch to point Scottie, we beat Washington and lost by two to a short but strong Boston team. Detroit was an anomaly after gutting our team and then in their first night with the new guys they got a win over the Cavs. A tough road trip but worth waiting it out before pulling a trigger. At least that’s my thought

Comment

IF I watch the games, huh? Nice.

Perhaps better to say that you, personally, have not observed any deficiencies in Scottie's defence and that you are surprised the team's defence doesn't get worse when he sits any more so than with Pascal, who by your eye test is actively hurting the team more. And then I can say that I have enjoyed Scottie's defensive effort but have indeed noticed a great many times where he was out of position, making poor decisions on rotations, being misused as a big and giving up offensive rebounds by failing to box out... And you can say you haven't seen that, and we can go back and forth, and ultimately we can agree that the actual results that are measured by the on-court and off-court numbers support my position more than yours. No?

Pascal has not been good by his standards. And Scottie has measured well in impact defensive stats early on (stability is a question this early but it's a good sign). But if we are going to use those impact stats, it's worth noting that outside of OG and Scottie and Jak, basically everyone else measures out as a little or a lot worse than Pascal, even though he's the high usage star and those are the guys who usually see a dip in their defensive impact.

The real issues defensively are everyone else, not the main guys. Not Scottie, IMO, and not Pascal, and it certainly wasn't OG. It's not Jak either. It's literally everyone else.
                          Yes, if you watch the games. I bet you can't find a single poster on this forum who agrees with you that Pascal has been playing better defense this season than Scottie.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post

Small sample size but you can’t really compare this team to the one we had for most of the season. Since we made the switch to point Scottie, we beat Washington and lost by two to a short but strong Boston team. Detroit was an anomaly after gutting our team and then in their first night with the new guys they got a win over the Cavs. A tough road trip but worth waiting it out before pulling a trigger. At least that’s my thought
                            Pull the trigger on a Pascal trade? Oye, thought we were past that.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post

Yes, if you watch the games. I bet you can't find a single poster on this forum who agrees with you that Pascal has been playing better defense this season than Scottie.
                              Ah, I see, you are arguing against something I never said. No wonder it makes no sense. I never said Pascal was playing better defence than Scottie. Just that Scottie does indeed have his ups and downs on that end in spite of his more visible ups.

I just said that Pascal's on/off splits were pretty good even compared to the guys you'd typically expect to drive defensive results, so he's not dragging down the team defence all that much, and that if you look closer there are great many more guilty culprits than him (basically the whole roster outside of Jak, Scottie and OG), so to get all bent out of shape because your highest usage offensive player is not quite up to his usual standards defensively is kind of missing the point.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Ah, I see, you are arguing against something I never said. No wonder it makes no sense. I never said Pascal was playing better defence than Scottie. Just that Scottie does indeed have his ups and downs on that end in spite of his more visible ups.

I just said that Pascal's on/off splits were pretty good even compared to the guys you'd typically expect to drive defensive results, so he's not dragging down the team defence all that much, and that if you look closer there are great many more guilty culprits than him (basically the whole roster outside of Jak, Scottie and OG), so to get all bent out of shape because your highest usage offensive player is not quite up to his usual standards defensively is kind of missing the point.
                                You said his on off splits were better than Scottie, which implies he's playing better defense. If it doesn't meant that, then why even bring up the on off splits in defending Pascal's defense?
                                I brought up DRTG which shows Pascal is playing poor defense. That also matches the eye test that myself and basically everyone else here is seeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X