X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

The reports are/were that if they offer Pascal a max extension during the season, he would sign it.
    I think Pascal would welcome the opportunity to be wooed by other teams as the (one of the) big fish in this upcoming free agency class.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post

I think we often get caught up in how easy it looks from a distance when in reality the moves he is making to get to the rim in the first place do not leave him in a balance state to go up for a dunk.

And the simple reality is for a guy creating his own shots at the rim which are basically always contested, a 72% success rate is insanely good.
    Yeah, he's often lunging towards the rim after making a move, so tends to be off balance. He's also lose with his dribble so there are some awkward movements there. DS is usually making a downhill drive to the rim off a screen so much more balanced.

If Pascal could convert a few of those lay-up's into dunks he could be that much better.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Think that's out of Raps' hands now.
    The reports are/were that if they offer Pascal a max extension during the season, he would sign it.

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied

I think we often get caught up in how easy it looks from a distance when in reality the moves he is making to get to the rim in the first place do not leave him in a balance state to go up for a dunk.

And the simple reality is for a guy creating his own shots at the rim which are basically always contested, a 72% success rate is insanely good.
    Yeah, Pascal often shoots off balanced.
    That's why not so many players can do his spin moves, those are tough shots.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

I get your point but consider the difference in height, the degree of contest against a guard as opposed to a forward, how DS is getting to the rim as opposed to Pascal and all the other variables. Dennis has the better touch around the rim, and you either get that or you don't. I just wish Pascal could dunk some of those instead of trying to lay it up. It would be so easy on some of his attempts.

Leave a comment:

• WJF
    replied

I get your point but consider the difference in height, the degree of contest against a guard as opposed to a forward, how DS is getting to the rim as opposed to Pascal and all the other variables. Dennis has the better touch around the rim, and you either get that or you don't. I just wish Pascal could dunk some of those instead of trying to lay it up. It would be so easy on some of his attempts.
    Gathering to go up for a dunk is different than making quick moves to beat a defender and using touch to score. The timing would need to change, thus altering the whole offensive move. Pascal is a quick athlete, not an explosive one.

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

But what is going to get you the better return?

(a) Selling high on Pascal as a flight-risk rental, or (b) Selling high on Pascal under contract.
    Think that's out of Raps' hands now.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Pascal shoots 72% within 3 feet this year. Schroder shoots 56% within 3 feet.

In the 3-10 foot range, Pascal is 51%, Schroder is 37%.

Be careful what you wish for.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Pascal shoots 72% within 3 feet this year. Schroder shoots 56% within 3 feet.

In the 3-10 foot range, Pascal is 51%, Schroder is 37%.

Be careful what you wish for.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    Primer wrote: View Post

Sell high.

There will be a bidding war for Pascal.
    But what is going to get you the better return?

(a) Selling high on Pascal as a flight-risk rental, or (b) Selling high on Pascal under contract.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Watching yesterdays game I was thinking if Pascal had the same touch around the rim that Dennis has, he'd be averaging 28pts a night. He misses so many lay-ups you wish he could just dunk them. He's already so close to the rim and he's not a small guy that he can't dunk in traffic.
    Pascal likes to avoid contact or avoid being blocked. So he tries to get crafty around the rim. I wish he had a bit more strength so he can just get up their with force. That's more Scottie's game I guess.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Watching yesterdays game I was thinking if Pascal had the same touch around the rim that Dennis has, he'd be averaging 28pts a night. He misses so many lay-ups you wish he could just dunk them. He's already so close to the rim and he's not a small guy that he can't dunk in traffic.

Leave a comment:

• Primer
    replied
    Fuchan wrote: View Post
    We need to give this man his contract. Not going to get much value for his expiring. He's playing like an all star. Even if the team doesn't finish well, a Pascal contract with term should be a fairly desirable one.
    Sell high.

There will be a bidding war for Pascal.

Leave a comment:

• Fuchan
    replied
    We need to give this man his contract. Not going to get much value for his expiring. He's playing like an all star. Even if the team doesn't finish well, a Pascal contract with term should be a fairly desirable one.

Leave a comment:

• TomAmnot
    replied
    Go get Luguentz and picks.
    Bring back OG, Trent TBD.
    Draft well, sign complement pieces.
    In 2 to 3 years, we have a potential contending team..
    Best defense in the league, plenty of shooters, one or two good big men ready to win. All around team with no holes.

Edit* I think the best option would be to trade Siakam, sign OG to a big contract and sign Trent to a lesser contract if he wants to be here.
    Last edited by TomAmnot; Sat Nov 18, 2023, 11:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X