X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    I’ll believe it when I see it.
    Pascal was frustrated last year, as he should’ve been. As they all should’ve been. And yes, by all accounts, that sometimes boiled over into handling things the wrong way. Pascal is still a super valuable player. Other teams would love to add him to what they’ve got. Little doubt about that. As they should. Masai and co won’t be selling low.

(myself, I’d prefer to add the right piece to the mix that can diversify the offense and not make Pascal feel like he has to force it in the crunch.)

Leave a comment:

• Eric Montross 00
    replied
    Jclaw wrote: View Post
    I can’t imagine Masai selling so low unless he is blown away
    I hate to say this nobody knew what's going on inside the lockroom but it SEEMED like towards the end of the season last year, Siakam was quitting, bad attitude(he even got suspended for that), and hate to say this a "Cancer" to the team, sorry for the harsh word but he might be gone next week.

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Kagemusha wrote: View Post
    Looks like Pascal's Raptor days are numbered.
    anyone is available for the right price

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    I can’t imagine Masai selling so low unless he is blown away

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Looks like Pascal's Raptor days are numbered.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Siakam's offence isn't bad though, his 3 pt shooting tailing off was a struggle and some rimmed out closing shots were very visible. But it's hard to overstate how much of an evolution he's gone through offensively the past two years. This is a guy who used to get 2/3 of his FGM made assisted. Now 2/3 are unassisted. He used to be a close-to-the-basket finisher, now he initiates and shoots from all over the floor. His assists are up, his 2P% is up over a year ago. He's done a lot and still done a lot of it well.

imho they put him in too many tough spots in the name of development though, got to balance the new with the established strengths. That looked a lot better towards the end of the season. That can definitely be better next year.

And I don't think he's going to be your go-to, game closing scorer 90% of the time like they kept iso'ing him for last year. Need that from someone else, ask Siakam to do it some here and there but not be the primary guy for that. It's hard for a big to do that anytime.
    He's a very good second option and a really versatile defender. Just have bring in a true first scoring option and move Siakam back to his natural role. Considering how much both he and Freddy have improved since the championship year how scary would the Raps be if they got that elusive first scoring option?

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Siakam's offence isn't bad though, his 3 pt shooting tailing off was a struggle and some rimmed out closing shots were very visible. But it's hard to overstate how much of an evolution he's gone through offensively the past two years. This is a guy who used to get 2/3 of his FGM made assisted. Now 2/3 are unassisted. He used to be a close-to-the-basket finisher, now he initiates and shoots from all over the floor. His assists are up, his 2P% is up over a year ago. He's done a lot and still done a lot of it well.

imho they put him in too many tough spots in the name of development though, got to balance the new with the established strengths. That looked a lot better towards the end of the season. That can definitely be better next year.

And I don't think he's going to be your go-to, game closing scorer 90% of the time like they kept iso'ing him for last year. Need that from someone else, ask Siakam to do it some here and there but not be the primary guy for that. It's hard for a big to do that anytime.
    He was the second leading scorer on a championship team and was for long stretches of the playoffs their second best player. No, he is not Kevin Durant but he gets way too much heat in Toronto. Yeah, he stunk in the bubble and his play this year was all over the place and probably more bad/mediocre than good but he is a very good player.

As we've discussed ad nauseum here, it isn't Siakam's fault that Nurse thinks he's Kawhi Leonard or James Harden. Now part of that is that the team lacks another option and its arsenal is pretty bare offensively, so it's a matter of necessity, but adding some weaponry and letting Siakam play off that will pay dividends.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TrueTorontoFan
    replied
    Siakam was so good defensively that even though he was bad offensively they had to play him.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    It also depends on how many games Pascal misses because of his shoulder. If it's a full month then he's likely not getting in.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Will Pascal be an all-star next season? This is his competition in the front-court:

Sure-fire Locks: Durant, Giannis, Tatum and Embiid

Previous all-stars: Butler, Bam, Vucevic, Randle, Middleton, Sabonis, Hayward

Potential first-time all-stars: Clint Capela, John Collins, Jerami Grant, Tobias Harris

It'll come down to team record. Top 2-3 seeds usually et 2 all-stars in, top 4-5 usually get 1 in (though the one we get in might be Lowry or Fred)

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

What about Jimmy Butler? He didn't make it this year either and he had some ridiculously good advanced stats... his best year ever and great raw stats. Like head and shoulders above Pascal. Jerami Grant also had good stats....he's a very similar player to Pascal. I could see Collins getting some recognition now that he's been on the big stage in the playoffs.
    Butler didn't play a lot of games so was basically out of the running. Grant plays for the Pistons.. and they could have one of the worst records in the East again. Collins could definitely get some recognition.. but do they take two Hawks players and no Raptors if they are neck and neck in the standings?

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah I think so.. The league likes to have at least one guy be represented from each team.. or more specifically each playoff team. If the Raptors hover around 5-6-7-8 while the votes are tallied, Siakam will get in as I think he'll be the best Raptor next season. At least based on box score raw stats, which the all-star vote getters like to use.

I think Bam falls short. I don't think Miami will be as good next year and are heading to the lottery.
    What about Jimmy Butler? He didn't make it this year either and he had some ridiculously good advanced stats... his best year ever and great raw stats. Like head and shoulders above Pascal. Jerami Grant also had good stats....he's a very similar player to Pascal. I could see Collins getting some recognition now that he's been on the big stage in the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Will Pascal be an all-star next season? This is his competition in the front-court:

Sure-fire Locks: Durant, Giannis, Tatum and Embiid

Previous all-stars: Butler, Bam, Vucevic, Randle, Middleton, Sabonis, Hayward

Potential first-time all-stars: Clint Capela, John Collins, Jerami Grant, Tobias Harris

Nope he won't be an All-Star next season. Suggs will

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Also Vucevic is done playing in the all-star game now that he's on the Bulls. Sabonis will depend on how good Indiana is. Randle might not get in either if the Knicks were a flash in the pan this year (Thibs team usually start sucking in his second year onwards).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X