No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even OG was no shooter when he was drafted. He hit the college three at a good clip but on tiny volume in his first year, then in his second year, he ramped up to 3 attempts a game but only hit at 31%.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Actually I think Raptors staff believe they can teach shooting so they value other attributes like defense, ballhandling and IQ
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Actually I think Raptors staff believe they can teach shooting so they value other attributes like defense, ballhandling and IQ
        They sure seem to be right on that front.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Actually I think Raptors staff believe they can teach shooting so they value other attributes like defense, ballhandling and IQ
          Because its easier to develop a jumpshot than it is to develop defense, ball handling or IQ.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            Because its easier to develop a jumpshot than it is to develop defense, ball handling or IQ.
            Yeah, being a good/great defender is largely due to a players mentality. They have to have that drive to be tough and not coast or take possessions off. You have always be focused and give 100% effort. Those types of players can be coached to do pretty much anything, but without that mentality they will never be good defenders.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Yeah, being a good/great defender is largely due to a players mentality. They have to have that drive to be tough and not coast or take possessions off. You have always be focused and give 100% effort. Those types of players can be coached to do pretty much anything, but without that mentality they will never be good defenders.
              The key word is .... toughness. That's character trait #1 for a Masai Ujiri player.

Comment

• The one thing Masai sure doesn't care about is age. Siakam, Norm, Delon, Fred, Brown were all older rookies. Now that might have more to do with their draft position than anything else.. but I don't think Masai cares if someone was a freshman, junior or a senior coming out of college.

But length and motor are definitely two things he cares about.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  The key word is .... toughness. That's character trait #1 for a Masai Ujiri player.
                  Bruno and Bebe was such a weird blip but it was his first year with org so I guess it's understandable.
                  Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Bruno and Bebe was such a weird blip but it was his first year with org so I guess it's understandable.
                    He learned a lot from that Bruno pick. Every pick after him has been way more stable. Could be why he passed on Skal twice as well.

Comment

Bebe was a throw in when we traded salmons for lou will. We were really lacking secondary scoring in 2014
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        He learned a lot from that Bruno pick. Every pick after him has been way more stable. Could be why he passed on Skal twice as well.
                        Absolutely agreed. And interestingly, the formula has remained almost entirely unchanged, in terms of guys he goes after ... Long, Athletic, Lots of room for Growth, Good Natured, etc. He's just gotten better at spotting them I guess (Pascal, OG, Delon, Boucher, Adel, etc.)

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Agreed.

Bruno was known as the rawest player that could be selected. Potential talent based on physique. Continuing my point below to also counter/support Joey.

Joey wrote: View Post
                          Absolutely agreed. And interestingly, the formula has remained almost entirely unchanged, in terms of guys he goes after ... Long, Athletic, Lots of room for Growth, Good Natured, etc. He's just gotten better at spotting them I guess (Pascal, OG, Delon, Boucher, Adel, etc.)
                          I think the formula remained, but with a specific adjustment.

The following drafts, Ujiri opted to select players with more refinement to their games; Anunoby likely being the rawest out of the draft selections between Powell/Wright/Siakam/Poeltl/Anunoby. However, all have some combination of length/size/wingspan that are suitable to today's versatile game.

Those guys in the aforementioned list had long stints in college or were significant contributors to their college teams. Siakam and Poeltl were mad rebounders in New Mexico State and Utah, respectively. Also, these guys received some significant recognition during their careers in the NCAA.

Ujiri most certainly learned from the pick. While there is a downside of taking players who are closer to being finished products/lacking overall potential/older, in some ways, those selected players accelerated Toronto's success, building a fairly young and capable roster around all-stars -- now stars with Kawhi Leonard.

This also potentially accelerates a rebuild, if Lowry/Kawhi jump ship. The current average age of VanVleet/Wright/Powell/Anunoby/Siakam/Valanciunas is 24. The Raptors also have their upcoming picks aside from the one they just traded to San Antonio, which we all know will be a super late selection.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Uh oh Zaza out there, be careful Kawhi lol

Comment

• My Sunday waiting for the fam...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Draymond Green
                              Jacob Evans

For

Pascal
                              Miles
                              Norm

Variation:

Green and Evans

For

Pascal and Van Vleet
                              Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Sun Nov 18, 2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
                                My Sunday waiting for the fam...

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine

Draymond Green
                                Jacob Evans

For

Pascal
                                Miles
                                Norm

Variation:

Green and Evans

For

Pascal and Van Vleet
                                I wouldnt trade Pascal for anyone right now IMO.

Pascal is 13th in qualified PF right now in efficiency rating (Ibaka is also included in this so they do throw in centres as well). As a true PF Pascal maybe top 5 right now.

Green is 42nd overall and has a lot of baggage with his behaviour... while I wouldnt mind Green on the team, right now with Ibaka, Pascal, OG and JV we dont need him on the team.

We do need another wing player though or guard.

Comment

Working...
                                X