X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Trade him...what level of star would have to be available? AD? Pascal is pretty much a star now and likely to get much better. A little more control on his drives and a decent jumshot and he's basically all-nba material. I dont think masai wants to move this kid.
    Pascal is a Raptor for life. Masai will never shop him or initiate any trade involving him for the foreseeable future ...

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    The other benefit of waiting is we could use Siakam in a potential trade to get a star (assuming one is available). Once he gets his extension you pretty much have to wait 6 months or so before you can use him in a trade.
    Trade him...what level of star would have to be available? AD? Pascal is pretty much a star now and likely to get much better. A little more control on his drives and a decent jumshot and he's basically all-nba material. I dont think masai wants to move this kid.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Do you think Siakam would be this good if Demar was still here? Is it because Kawhi and Lowry are in-and-out of the lineup that allows him the thrive as the 2nd option and sometimes 1st option?
    I dont think so. It was rare that we had anyone other then demar and kyle handle the ball or bring it up court with FVV being the exception. I think the biggest thing to his growth this year is the trust the team has for him to bring the ball up and create with it in his hands. Kyle was great last night the last 4 minutes of the game he made sure Pascal was the one creating and setting up the offese. I dont think he gets that much freedom with demar here. But maybe he does it could be as simple as nick trusting him but you still have to look off 2 all stars who are used to running the team. Kyles willingness to let siakam run the team for streches has been insturmental to his growth along with nick trusting him. Demar still being here adds another hurdle to let that happen. He may have improved but not at the rate we are seeing right now

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    Truth Teller wrote: View Post
    Do you think Siakam would be this good if Demar was still here? Is it because Kawhi and Lowry are in-and-out of the lineup that allows him the thrive as the 2nd option and sometimes 1st option?
    Yes I think he would be this good if DeMar was still here but I don’t think he would be used the same way by Casey as he is being used by Nurse.

Leave a comment:

• chris
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Well if he wants the max you wait until he's an RFA and then just match any offer. I guess it really depends on what happens with Kawhi. If Kawhi leaves than give Pascal what he wants. If Kawhi stays you might want to wait a bit on the extension as I bet the luxury tax hit would become insane. In 2020 Masai would have more room to breathe with Ibaka, Gasol's and Lowry's contracts coming off the books.
    DanH wrote: View Post
    If Kawhi stays, you can hunt for a max contract to add to Kawhi, Siakam and OG in summer 2020. IF you don't give Siakam an extension, and keep his low cap hold on the books. THEN max him out in free agency after getting that other star.

If Kawhi doesn't stay, and Siakam continues developing into a star that could attract some talent to play beside him, you could have room for TWO max contracts beside him and OG. Again, IF you don't extend him and give him the max in FA instead.

So, either way, the Raptors should be waiting for summer 2020 to give Siakam his raise, even if that means the max.
    right on. i guess i was just answering a question that wasn't asked, which is whether he's worth a rookie max extension.

yes i think he is, and i think it's a deal that might age well

Leave a comment:

Working...
X