Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • S.R. wrote: View Post
    I remember the brain aneurysms when Masai didn't pick Skal.

    Sacramento gave up on him and he hardly plays right now (Portland).
    Maybe we can stop playing "expert scout" and giving knee jerk reactions and grades before players have ever played pro ball?

    Hahahahaha sorry what am I thinking
    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

    Comment


    • Truth Teller wrote: View Post
      We would also need OG to take a step in the right direction - similar to when Siakam went from 2nd year to this year. Funny enough, I thought Siakam also dipped in production in his 2nd year, but has obviously exploded this year (3rd year). If OG follows suit - this team is golden.

      To answer your question: Yes, but we need some other good players. Hes no Lebron. He can't take a Cavs team and lead them to the finals.
      Projecting needs say 2020-21 with Lowry's contract gone, this team needs an elite PG/SG type (Lilliad?). Probably the most important position in today's game. All the top teams have either AllStar or better than avg. guards.

      Comment


      • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
        Projecting needs say 2020-21 with Lowry's contract gone, this team needs an elite PG/SG type (Lilliad?). Probably the most important position in today's game. All the top teams have either AllStar or better than avg. guards.
        Finding a PG post Lowry is going to be a tough task for Masai. As you said all top teams have an all-star capable PG. It could be why he had interest in Shai last draft.

        If he's not careful we could end up like Orlando or Phoenix. Although Indiana doesn't have an all-star caliber PG and are doing okay. Dipo's basically a PG though.

        Comment


        • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
          Projecting needs say 2020-21 with Lowry's contract gone, this team needs an elite PG/SG type (Lilliad?). Probably the most important position in today's game. All the top teams have either AllStar or better than avg. guards.
          If Kawhi doesn't re-sign you get straight down to business with the need of another top 5 guy. Spent too many years fooling around with top 20-ish players, no need to go with that as the core again.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

          Comment


          • S.R. wrote: View Post
            If Kawhi doesn't re-sign you get straight down to business with the need of another top 5 guy. Spent too many years fooling around with top 20-ish players, no need to go with that as the core again.
            Agree. How he goes about that is up for debate.

            Comment


            • How do you all expect Pascals game to evolve over the next few years?

              Comment


              • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                How do you all expect Pascals game to evolve over the next few years?
                I'm expecting he'll gain better court awareness, which is already impressive given how little ball he has actually played. More control on his drives. Sometimes i think he picks his dribble up to soon, expecting a straight drive to hoop but unexpectedly meeting some resistance resulting in a bail out pass or turnover. Some of his layups look difficult as he is coming downhill at speed and releasing the ball a couple feet from the basket. So better awareness and reading the D should help him improve his finishing around the hoop, lower his TOs and increase his assist rate. Other than that I'm expecting he'll develop a mid range game and, hopefully, a pull up jumpshot. An improvement defensively may not really be necessary, as hes already pretty good, but there is room for him to grow as a team defender. He does those things, and i expect him to, he's all-nba. The pull up J might be the more difficult skill of those listed to master, but i think he's got it in him.

                Comment


                • DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                  How do you all expect Pascals game to evolve over the next few years?
                  He will hone his jumpshot (midrange & 3) and ball handling, while maintaining what he got under his belt already (transition, rebounding, defence, passing, drive spin dribble, post up baby-hook etc..). In my opinion, he should not gain or lose a single pound. He's body is perfect as it is for a modern PF.
                  2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                  Comment


                  • KeonClark wrote: View Post
                    Middle class Giannis. He now makes 80k and drives a 2018 Hyundai
                    If you're making 80k, you're driving something better than a Hyundai

                    Comment


                    • nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                      If you're making 80k, you're driving something better than a Hyundai
                      My 2017 Honda Accord LX?



                      Aye baebae

                      Comment


                      • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        I'm expecting he'll gain better court awareness, which is already impressive given how little ball he has actually played. More control on his drives. Sometimes i think he picks his dribble up to soon, expecting a straight drive to hoop but unexpectedly meeting some resistance resulting in a bail out pass or turnover. Some of his layups look difficult as he is coming downhill at speed and releasing the ball a couple feet from the basket. So better awareness and reading the D should help him improve his finishing around the hoop, lower his TOs and increase his assist rate. Other than that I'm expecting he'll develop a mid range game and, hopefully, a pull up jumpshot. An improvement defensively may not really be necessary, as hes already pretty good, but there is room for him to grow as a team defender. He does those things, and i expect him to, he's all-nba. The pull up J might be the more difficult skill of those listed to master, but i think he's got it in him.
                        Developing a mid-range jumper would not only address a major deficiency, it would require opponents to guard him closer which he could then exploit by using his quickness / speed to drive to the basket...one improvement with a double benefit.

                        Comment


                        • Zak24gege wrote: View Post
                          Developing a mid-range jumper would not only address a major deficiency, it would require opponents to guard him closer which he could then exploit by using his quickness / speed to drive to the basket...one improvement with a double benefit.
                          We've seen flashes the last few games! But a pull up jumper would make him near about unguardable.

                          Comment


                          • JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            ...a pull up jumper would make him near about unguardable.
                            Before the end of the season. Count on it.

                            Comment


                            • Interesting take..look at Kawhi age 23 fourth season vs Pascal age 24 third season...almost identical

                              https://www.basketball-reference.com...per_game::none

                              2. Pascal Siakam is the new Kawhi Leonard—a.k.a., a young player who will break through in the postseason.
                              A. Tattoo the take on the back of my calf.
                              B. As here for it as Luka is for Fortnite.
                              C. Somewhere in the middle, like the Pistons.
                              D. Barely believable, but enough to publish on The Ringer dot com.
                              E. As out on this take as Anthony Davis is out on New Orleans.

                              O’Connor: (D) I love Siakam, but he lacks the pull-up shooting ability and lockdown defensive chops to have a Kawhi-style breakout. The Spurs needed Leonard to fill that scoring role because of the decline of their aging stars. The Raptors don’t need that from Siakam—they have Leonard.

                              Kram: (C) Let’s try to find the player who most closely approximates Kawhi in 2013-14, pre-Finals MVP. We want a player who scores, but not too much; who isn’t afraid of the ball, but doesn’t dominate it; who shoots well from 3; and who produces more value on defense than offense. And for a tiebreaker, we want a player who, ideally, has playoff experience, and maybe a meaningful postseason moment already in his career. Plug in all those traits, and we find a list that includes Brook Lopez, Joe Ingles, Jerami Grant, Dewayne Dedmon, Allen Crabbe, Robert Covington, and Alec Burks. Gimme Ingles!

                              Tjarks: (B) Pascal is great, but hasn’t he already broken through? He dropped 44 points in a game last week! Here are a few deeper cuts: D.J. Wilson in Milwaukee (its most switchable defensive big man) and Terrance Ferguson in OKC (the best 3-and-D player in its supporting cast). Two guys who will need to come up big for their teams to live up to expectations in the playoffs.

                              O’Shaughnessy: (A) Any Siakam-Leonard comparison should be heard out. Both came into the league advanced on defense and developed their offensive game over time. The postseason can easily startle a young player whose reputation is rooted in shooting or scoring—defenses are better, smarter, and more specifically catered to stop attacks. A defense-first mind-set isn’t shaken as easily, because the player’s mojo isn’t reliant on field goal percentage. Siakam’s lateral speed propels him around the court like he’s in a pinball machine, and he hasn’t lost that energy as his opportunities have increased (which explains his bursts to the rim when he is scoring—which, it should be said, he does quite well).

                              Devine: (B) Siakam has, thanks to the fluctuating health and availability of his older teammates, been arguably the second-most-important player on the team with the NBA’s second-best record, and he’s starting to get recognition for it. If Toronto makes a deep playoff push, it’s a good bet that his ability to guard damn near anybody and create matchup problems on the other end has played a major role.

                              My other favorite candidates here: the Jamal Murray–Malik Beasley–Monte Morris troika in Denver, which will need at least one perimeter player to pop alongside Nikola Jokic to advance; and the De’Aaron Fox–Buddy Hield backcourt, because if the Kings make the top eight, it’ll probably be because they’ve been sensational down the stretch and will be a bear for any Western favorite to guard in a short series.

                              Uggetti: (B) I’m in on this, if only to see the Looper-like scenario where the next Kawhi is playing alongside the current Kawhi in the playoffs. Siakam’s 44-point game against the Wizards before the All-Star break may have seemed surprising, but this has been building all season. He has posted 16 games of 20 points or more, which is more than two of his more heralded teammates, Kyle Lowry and Marc Gasol. Siakam has already arrived.

                              Verrier: (C) Siakam’s the clear choice from a production standpoint, but if we broaden the definition to a young player who can leave any kind of mark on the postseason, may I suggest the guy with the gall to (seemingly) call Klay Thompson a hoe?

                              Chau: (B) Siakam already has been beyond what the Raptors could have reasonably expected from him entering training camp, but there is still another switch that has yet to be flipped. Consider that Siakam has played only 162 minutes as Toronto’s undisputed center on the floor this season, accounting for less than 9 percent of his total time spent on the floor. Siakam’s combination of elite end-to-end speed, playmaking ability on the move, spot-up floor spacing, and physicality at the point of attack make him a terror at the 4. It might make him a game-breaking agent at the 5 once the Raptors start dictating postseason matchups in their favor. (But don’t sleep on Nikola Jokic, who also fits the criteria—he’s a year younger than Siakam!)
                              Last edited by KeonClark; Thu Feb 21, 2019, 01:20 PM.
                              It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                              Comment


                              • planetmars wrote: View Post
                                Might be able to get him at home town discount even on this contract extension. Not sure who his agent is.. but if we can get him for a value contract that could be a great asset going forward. I don't think he's quite max worthy yet (didn't make the ASG for example) so that could be a good thing (for the team, not him).

                                Maybe something like $80M/4 years?
                                I don't really think Raptors can sign him on a team friendly deal. What incentive does Siakam have to give up money. That's just plain dumb. If the Nets would offer sheet Otto Porter $104M over 4 years and the Wiz match before he got traded. That's the absolute minimum Pascal will cost.

                                If the Raps are silly and don't offer the man proper moolah then he will get offer -sheeted as an RFA and Raps will have to match. Pretty simple I think over this summer.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X