X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post

Even when he speaks out, nobody really knows what is going on inside somebody else's head. He is going to surprise a lot of critics this year, with things back a little closer to normal.
    Not just back to normal, Siakam is going to have other guys who can defend at a high level around him and they will likely get the tougher defensive assignment. This should prove allow Pascal to focus more on offense and have more energy for those end of game plays.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    Dvdvideo wrote: View Post
    A lot of armchair criticism, a little too much on a player who consistently played great defense and still put up 21 points, and 7 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game in an admittedly off year.
    Even when he speaks out, nobody really knows what is going on inside somebody else's head. He is going to surprise a lot of critics this year, with things back a little closer to normal.

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    A lot of armchair criticism, a little too much on a player who consistently played great defense and still put up 21 points, and 7 rebounds and 4.5 assists per game in an admittedly off year.

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    If you’re passionately agreeing with Doug Smith, you’re probably wrong.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    LJ2 wrote: View Post

The organization is firmly behind Pascal as the number one guy, just like they were with DeMar. So in that sense if he can't live up to that responsibility over the next couple of years and a trade for a player that can presents itself then sure his days could be numbered.
    Nah the whole "they never told me I'm the man" thing was super weird from Siakam. Demar, Kyle, Kawhi never moved like that.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    The latest Mental Calisthenics of Pascal Siakam.

Just stfu and play your heart out, no more excuses.

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    Really any player that doesn't perform up to the amount of money they make is at risk of being moved. Heck even players who are performing get traded sometimes.....

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Siakam's days are numbered.
    The organization is firmly behind Pascal as the number one guy, just like they were with DeMar. So in that sense if he can't live up to that responsibility over the next couple of years and a trade for a player that can presents itself then sure his days could be numbered.

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    Everyone's are.......but he's only got about 4000 days of nba left, probably a bunch of them on the raptors.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

It WAS a nothing burger, until Pascal went out of his way to bring attention to something nobody was talking about. It’s pretty clear that he had to get that off his chest and again, he went out of his way to connect the max contract to not getting the executive memo to be the man. That’s an immature way to deflect the criticism he’s receiving about his contract and higher expectations that come with it.
    Or he was actually just be honest about what he went through, your suggestion that he had some sort of secret agenda/or immature need to let him off the hook is pure conjecture.

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Come on, this is being spun as drama where there is none. Lowry himself has said one benefit of him leaving is he's getting out of Fred's and Siakam's way and that those guys are ready to step fully into the locker room role Lowry had. I mean they're talking about the exact same thing here, just using different words.

You can't tell me Lowry wasn't still the leader and 1A in that locker room and on that team. How could he not be. Now he's gone and there's space and a role for Siakam and Fred that wasn't there before, not to this degree. We all know this is exactly what's happening as this team transitions to a new era. This is a big nothing burger.
    It WAS a nothing burger, until Pascal went out of his way to bring attention to something nobody was talking about. It’s pretty clear that he had to get that off his chest and again, he went out of his way to connect the max contract to not getting the executive memo to be the man. That’s an immature way to deflect the criticism he’s receiving about his contract and higher expectations that come with it.

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Come on, this is being spun as drama where there is none. Lowry himself has said one benefit of him leaving is he's getting out of Fred's and Siakam's way and that those guys are ready to step fully into the locker room role Lowry had. I mean they're talking about the exact same thing here, just using different words.

You can't tell me Lowry wasn't still the leader and 1A in that locker room and on that team. How could he not be. Now he's gone and there's space and a role for Siakam and Fred that wasn't there before, not to this degree. We all know this is exactly what's happening as this team transitions to a new era. This is a big nothing burger.
    Exactly this. I dont want a leader that "takes the keys", I want one who earns them. And that takes time, and was awkward with lowry around.
    Besides, realistically, he was handed "the keys" when he signed his contract. This is a perfect reset for siakam, no lowry, new season back home, hopefully healthy, it will be his best chance to show if he's truly elite or a he will end up the second best player on a great team. (Which isn't bad either)

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Doug is butt hurt because he didn’t get the interview. Hence the comment about wait till he’s in front of writer’s that watch him all the time.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Guys, it was Lowry’s team. Lowry was the leader when they were drafted, and it was his team until he left. When that guy talks, you listen. You can be be part of the leadership, but Lowry is the alpha.

I don’t think Pascal was talking about on the floor stuff as much as being the guy in the locker room. There was always a split between the younger guys and the veterans (not in a bad way, it’s just the locker room dynamic). He mentioned he’s now the oldest guy at the table, and he feels like it’s completely his team now. This is all non-sensical drama.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X