Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Going to be interesting to see how Pascal deals with Gordon in this series. You have to think there has been some serious video studying going on. Will Pascal come up with some wrinkles to improve his effectiveness in this matchup? And I wonder what Nurse and crew have provided in the way of offensive plays to help Spicy P out.

    Comment


    • Puffer wrote: View Post
      Going to be interesting to see how Pascal deals with Gordon in this series. You have to think there has been some serious video studying going on. Will Pascal come up with some wrinkles to improve his effectiveness in this matchup? And I wonder what Nurse and crew have provided in the way of offensive plays to help Spicy P out.
      Isaac will probably defend Pascal while Gordon will defend Kawhi. Pick and roll will solve this. Gordon at least is too big to be able to fight through the screens. If he goes under Kawhi will shoot every time. If they switch obviously that creates a lot of problems for them whether it's a big posting up on a small or a blow by on the perimiter. I think for this series at least Kawhi should probably reign in the iso's. Gordon is basically the perfect matchup for him because of his strength.

      Comment


      • Puffer wrote: View Post
        Going to be interesting to see how Pascal deals with Gordon in this series. You have to think there has been some serious video studying going on. Will Pascal come up with some wrinkles to improve his effectiveness in this matchup? And I wonder what Nurse and crew have provided in the way of offensive plays to help Spicy P out.
        I think the main hurdle was Isaac (though Gordon switched on to him fairly often). I think he'll have a good series, but it might be in the sense that his gravity will keep their good defenders occupied, while our backcourt (and Gasol) are free to do their damage. Orlando has trouble defending guards, this could be a series where we could see a high impact from Lowry/Green/FVV.

        That said, playoffs are full of adjustments and counter-adjustments, so things could look quite different from the reg season games against them.
        2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

        Comment


        • inthepaint wrote: View Post

          I think the main hurdle was Isaac (though Gordon switched on to him fairly often). I think he'll have a good series, but it might be in the sense that his gravity will keep their good defenders occupied, while our backcourt (and Gasol) are free to do their damage. Orlando has trouble defending guards, this could be a series where we could see a high impact from Lowry/Green/FVV.

          That said, playoffs are full of adjustments and counter-adjustments, so things could look quite different from the reg season games against them.
          I think Siakam needs to not iso as much in the half court, doesn't work well against Isaac's length. Transition buckets and hopefully his 3s continue to fall.

          Comment


          • A.I wrote: View Post

            I think Siakam needs to not iso as much in the half court, doesn't work well against Isaac's length. Transition buckets and hopefully his 3s continue to fall.
            Well, I dont have the numbers in front of me (shout out danh) but I haven't seen many guys figure out how to stop siakam 1 on 1 yet
            It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

            Comment


            • KeonClark wrote: View Post

              Well, I dont have the numbers in front of me (shout out danh) but I haven't seen many guys figure out how to stop siakam 1 on 1 yet
              Id say Blake did the best job on him of anyone this season. Quick and mobile but still strong. Gordon kinda has that make-up although they primarly used issac on pascal when we played. I think the reason blake roasted him tho was that he was attacking him on offense wearing him down on both ends of the floor. could be a strategy magic use. But if their going to play heavily though gordon i think well take that over fournier open 3s and vuvevic post ups.
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

              Comment


              • The name's Bond, James Bond.

                Comment


                • So far this series Pascal is averaging 24/10/3 on 55/30/100 splits
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

                  Comment


                  • He Stay

                    Comment


                    • Surprise of the playoffs so far for me. No idea he would be this impactful. I mean, we all knew he was good. But this good? Come on, really? Who has the balls to say they expected this?

                      Comment


                      • Puffer wrote: View Post
                        Surprise of the playoffs so far for me. No idea he would be this impactful. I mean, we all knew he was good. But this good? Come on, really? Who has the balls to say they expected this?
                        me! i've said siakam is the best player on this team for a while now.

                        Comment


                        • Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Surprise of the playoffs so far for me. No idea he would be this impactful. I mean, we all knew he was good. But this good? Come on, really? Who has the balls to say they expected this?
                          He's developed a variety of attacks using his length, handle and athleticism. His back down move on Ross with the pump fake up and under for a 3 pt play (oops I think he missed the FT) is old school cool.

                          Comment


                          • Siakam is actually a god. Totally unstoppable. Hes too fast for big guys, too good in the post against smaller guys, has a midrange game and can hit 3s.

                            Comment


                            • Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

                              Comment


                              • MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                forget Skip Bayless...guy is such a tool...how people thunk he's an authoritative figure is beyond me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X