X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    I think his playoff numbers are a good starting point: 22 pts, 8 rebounds and 3 assists is what I'm comfortable with. Really close to Bosh's numbers. Except Bosh did it when he had 13 years of organized basketball instruction, coaching and experience under his belt, as opposed to Pascal's 8 years
    Fixed it for you.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    I think his playoff numbers are a good starting point: 22 pts, 8 rebounds and 3 assists is what I'm comfortable with. Really close to Bosh's numbers. Except Bosh did it when he was 21

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I am just wondering what a reasonable expectation is for Pascal this coming season.

There is no doubt his usage rate will increase without Kawhi and Danny around. I expect so will Kyle's, Serge's, Marc's, and Norm's. I think Fred's will stay similar to this years. The wild card is OG. Does he make a step up after a terrible past season? One would think so based on his improvement in his first season and an additional summer of work and another training camp.

Pascal finished the playoff by averaging 19.8 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.7 assists a game over the NBA Finals. That is playing in the highest pressure available in the NBA, widely acknowledged as a significant step up over the regular season. That was against the 11th best defensive team over the playoffs.

Even with higher usage, I would expect those numbers to go up, even without allowing for any major improvement in his game during the off-season. As it is it seems reasonable to expect him to put in a lot of work on his midrange shot, to force defenders to play him honestly. I would guess we can expect to also see an uptick in his 3pt shot %. He shot 36.9% from three in 2018/2019 and 54.9% overall. With an effective midrange game, I would expect to see him flirting with 57% overall. And an improved assist rate. Three fellow starters playing in their contract years, and another in OG who maybe has something to prove.

Going to be fun to watch.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    From the front piece article "The Raptors Started Rebuilding Last Year." I thought this comment about Pascal was kinda cool.

"He’s already better than anyone on New York, Phoenix, Charlotte, Chicago, Memphis, and New Orleans."

Leave a comment:

• SkywalkerAC
    replied
    I'm curious to see how much time Pascal sees at the 3 next season, with maybe RHJ or Boucher at the 4. Or maybe that's irrelevant with him and OG switching like maniacs...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X