Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    All star next.
    Yep. Last 6 MIP winners are: Oladipo, Giannis, McCollum, Butler, Dragic, Paul George = 5 all-stars & 1 MVP.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Yep. Last 6 MIP winners are: Oladipo, Giannis, McCollum, Butler, Dragic, Paul George = 5 all-stars & 1 MVP.
      This got me thinking, when was the last time a center won MIP OR MVP?

Well, MIP: Kevin Love won it 7 years ago, and Jermaine O Neal 9 years before that...BUT both were power forwards at the time. SO we gotta go all the way back to freaking 1996-97, Isaac Austin of the Heat.

MVP? Shaq, 1999-00. Yes, 19 years and counting. That makes 38 awards gone by without the center getting it

Come on big fellas!! Davis and Embiid are the best center hopes for MVP, and as far as MIP you just never know, maybe Jonas gets 22 and 12 this year in Memphis
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

This got me thinking, when was the last time a center won MIP OR MVP?

Well, MIP: Kevin Love won it 7 years ago, and Jermaine O Neal 9 years before that...BUT both were power forwards at the time. SO we gotta go all the way back to freaking 1996-97, Isaac Austin of the Heat.

MVP? Shaq, 1999-00. Yes, 19 years and counting. That makes 38 awards gone by without the center getting it

Come on big fellas!! Davis and Embiid are the best center hopes for MVP, and as far as MIP you just never know, maybe Jonas gets 22 and 12 this year in Memphis
        While we’re on the topic, when was the last big man 6th man?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

While we’re on the topic, when was the last big man 6th man?
          The last True, Blue Center?

Bill Walton, 1986

Comment

• Ibaka for 6th man 2020

Comment

• Props to Skywalker for starting this thread;

"Everything Pascal Siakam
              Mon Aug 14th, 2017, 09:06 PM
              Pascal deserves his own thread as well. For a 27th pick, it's incredible that we can basically pencil him in for significant production with the 2nd unit this year. He's one of the best open court rim runners in the league, has a motor that won't quit, and comes across as a first class teammate/young man. The big question is whether he can be an impact defender in just his 2nd season.

He doesn't get enough talk."

Two years later, Pascal is getting "enough talk" and it's building.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                Props to Skywalker for starting this thread;

"Everything Pascal Siakam
                Mon Aug 14th, 2017, 09:06 PM
                Pascal deserves his own thread as well. For a 27th pick, it's incredible that we can basically pencil him in for significant production with the 2nd unit this year. He's one of the best open court rim runners in the league, has a motor that won't quit, and comes across as a first class teammate/young man. The big question is whether he can be an impact defender in just his 2nd season.

He doesn't get enough talk."

Two years later, Pascal is getting "enough talk" and it's building.
                Little did we know then he was becoming one of the most unstoppable isolation players in the paint..in the entire world

kid is a stud, I'm calling 22 pt 7 reb 4 assists next season. Perfect "2nd scorer" production

Comment

• Pascal needs to work on his midrange shot and the little floaters that he sometimes had great success with. Too many times he rushed a layup because of defensive pressure and had it spill out. He needs to recognize the D when it is there and score from a few feet outside, instead of always hoping to lay it up or slam it home. When the bunnies are there to be had, make sure you get them. He could spend some time watching Serge with his floaters and midrange game. He could boost his scoring average by 3-4 points just by avoiding blockable layups and taking the shots from 6 feet out.

Comment

• Now that we know Pascal is likely taking a leap in the pecking order, what do you guys predict stats-wise for him? Does he make the all-star team? Does he make all-NBA, all-defense? Where does he rank among the league's elite by the end of the year?

My predictions:

21ppg, 7 boards, 4 assists, a block and a half and a steal and a half, All-star, 3rd team All-NBA. Definitely top 20, borderline top 15 player.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                      Now that we know Pascal is likely taking a leap in the pecking order, what do you guys predict stats-wise for him? Does he make the all-star team? Does he make all-NBA, all-defense? Where does he rank among the league's elite by the end of the year?

My predictions:

21ppg, 7 boards, 4 assists, a block and a half and a steal and a half, All-star, 3rd team All-NBA. Definitely top 20, borderline top 15 player.
                      I see 25ppg 7rpg and 4apg. We don't have much scoring left, so he'll get around 18 shots per game, if not more. It would be perfect to swap Gasol back for JV. We need scoring.

Comment

• Man, I absolutely love this kid, but we need to be prepared to see his efficiency drop as he learns to how be a 1st option. Even as a second option to Kawhi, we saw that ORTG drop in every playoff series when the defense decided to game-plan against him (Philly, Bucks, Warriors). If he's the #1 option, that happens every night in the regular season.Pascal ended up in the corner launching 3's at the end of the clock - partly due to Lowry and Gasol being afraid to shoot and Danny forgetting how to shoot. Not betting against this guy, because his improvement curve is un-precented... Giannis is the only comparison I can think of. That playoff experience is going to make our young guys so much better against regular season teams this year.

Spicy Jordan!

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                          ...That playoff experience is going to make our young guys so much better against regular season teams this year.

Spicy Jordan!
                          Great point. I like the way both Fred and Spicy came through at the end. They both suffered through real dips in their offensive game facing the higher intensity D in the playoffs. And they both found a way to deal with it. Regular season is going to seem like junior varsity to these guys now.

Comment

• Actually, it's Giannis' game I would like to see Pascal emulate. He has a similar quickness and reach advantage Giannis has on his defenders albeit not the same length. Pascal needs to get a lot stronger without gaining weight that hinders his athleticism/speed and Masai needs to get more shooters around him.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                              ...Pascal needs to get a lot stronger without gaining weight that hinders his athleticism/speed and Masai needs to get more shooters around him.
                              Actually not too hard to get stronger without gaining a lot of weight. Getting stronger while adding (muscle) bulk is hard. Mind you, Pascal is already at a very low body weight fat %. And adding some weight would help him play through contact. He could add 10 - 15 pounds with out significantly hurting his speed, (think Ben Johnson, Donovan Bailey) while significantly helping his finishing ability. 15 extra pounds moving at the speed he plays at adds lots of momentum. Players would bounce off of him instead of the other way around.

Comment

• Pascals biggest jump will come if he can get a consistent mid range/ step back jumper. I think that would be his best way to become ungauradable rather then model his game around giannis style. Pascal is so dangerous driving to the rim. Defender will give him space to defend the drive so if he could hit the mid range or fake a drive then hit the step back jumper no one would be able to guard him. If you play him loose he hits the jumper if you get tight on him pascal can drive on you and hit you with the spin move. Add an improved 3 pt shot and i could see him averaging 25 pts a game.
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X