Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Have to admit I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing from Siakam over the past 4-5 games. His energy seems contagious, and his ability to run the floor puts a ton of pressure on the transition defense. Glad to see Lowry and Wright looking for him following every outlet pass.
    He might be a better player than Ibaka, which is mind-boggling.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      He might be a better player than Ibaka, which is mind-boggling.
      Ibaka got old REAAAALLLLY quick.

I'm hoping this can be explained by a less-than-stellar offseason training regimen, and that by January, he'll be close to beast mode.

Comment

I'm hoping this can be explained by a less-than-stellar offseason training regimen, and that by January, he'll be close to beast mode.
        Hope, hope, hope this is true. He sure is up and down. Makes me think it's an attitude or mental/emotional issue.

Comment

Maybe it was the shortened preseason? Most vets rely on getting into game shape by playing games. Not all are running sprints in their off season. Not sure what the case is with Ibaka.

Comment

I don't know, he already looks lean as hell. Hopefully comfort in the new system helps reduce some of his bonehead plays.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              I don't know, he already looks lean as hell. Hopefully comfort in the new system helps reduce some of his bonehead plays.
              Lean yes, but in peak game shape? Maybe not.

Or at least, I'm hoping this is the explanation.

Comment

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Maybe it was the shortened preseason? Most vets rely on getting into game shape by playing games. Not all are running sprints in their off season. Not sure what the case is with Ibaka.
                Where are you getting this information? A huge majority of professional athletes work very hard, year round. This isn't the 60s where you put your smoke out before coming off he bench
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                  I don't know if he was wasted outright, but I am nervous that Skal Labissiere is going to be exactly what we needed, and we passed on him twice.
                  So did 30 or so teams. There is prob a reason why.

Comment

Siakam made Zach Lowe's list this week.

4. Pascal Siakam, now with more dribbling

Injuries helped Siakam butt his way back into Toronto's rotation, and he has made the most of his chance, bringing his usual frenetic energy and some added craft. Siakam wasn't doing stuff like this last season:

[Video of a baseline drive, spin move, 1-handed jump hook]

This is partly a product of Toronto's liberalized offense. They are tossing about 20 more passes per game than last season, assisting on more of their baskets, and relying a little less on their stars to create. Everyone else gets to stretch themselves.

The Raps have outscored opponents by about nine points per 100 possessions with Siakam on the floor, per NBA.com. He has meshed nicely with both their backup centers, and even with some starter-heavy units. The jury is still out on ultra-big lineups featuring OG Anunoby, Siakam and one of the Lucas Nogueira/Jakob Poeltl duo, but they have performed well so far. Anunoby can play.
                    http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rie-irving-nba

Comment

Siakam made Zach Lowe's list this week.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rie-irving-nba

Comment

Also on zach lowe list was teasing of this picture

Zach wasn't making fun of casey exactly, but I am. Why do none of his suits fit? Why are his pants up past his belly button? I'd expect this out of an out of touch dad who only dresses up for weddings, but casey is wealthy dammit

Comment

I'm still trying to understand why it's so hard to find a hat that fits.

Comment

Siakam is not better than Ibaka. This shouldn't even be an argument.

We need to stop OVERRATING all the young players on this team. Poeltl and OG are the only youngsters on this team that have potential to be more than a bench players.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                              Also on zach lowe list was teasing of this picture

Zach wasn't making fun of casey exactly, but I am. Why do none of his suits fit? Why are his pants up past his belly button? I'd expect this out of an out of touch dad who only dresses up for weddings, but casey is wealthy dammit
                              He is an awful dresser. Nothing ever fits properly. And there's no excuse. He doesn't even need a tailor. He's like 6 feet tall. He could buy off the rack and have stuff fit him fine.

My wife assumes that Casey's wife doesn't like him cause she has no other explanation as to why any woman would allow her husband to go out in public wearing his suits, let alone on tv.

Comment

Stud

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X