Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Pascals biggest jump will come if he can get a consistent mid range/ step back jumper. I think that would be his best way to become ungauradable rather then model his game around giannis style. Pascal is so dangerous driving to the rim. Defender will give him space to defend the drive so if he could hit the mid range or fake a drive then hit the step back jumper no one would be able to guard him. If you play him loose he hits the jumper if you get tight on him pascal can drive on you and hit you with the spin move. Add an improved 3 pt shot and i could see him averaging 25 pts a game.
    Off the dribble pull-up will be important. Stop on a dime and take the mid-range like Kawhi did.

Comment

• How much would you pay Siakam right now is you were to extend him?

I think we have to be very careful with how
      much we’re giving him.

Comment

• 2015-16 Giannis stats:
        G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
        80 79 35.3 6.4 12.7 .506 0.4 1.4 .257 6.1 11.3 .537 .520 3.7 5.1 .724 1.4 6.2 7.7 4.3 1.2 1.4 2.6 3.2 16.9
        2018-19 Pascal stats:
        G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
        80 79 31.9 6.5 11.8 .549 1.0 2.7 .369 5.5 9.1 .602 .591 3.0 3.8 .785 1.6 5.3 6.9 3.1 0.9 0.7 1.9 3.0 16.9
        Notice any similarities? And Pascal can already shoot. Yes they're roughly the same age unfortunately, but their third year seasons don't look so far apart and Pascal already has a good coach so maybe with that boost... MVP 2020-21 if not this upcoming season?!

Am I missing something?! Pascal Siakam's wingspan is 2.22 meters, Giannis' is 2.21, but Giannis is 2.11 meters tall while Pascal is 2.06.

Pascal is as hard a worker as Giannis if not an even harder worker. And while Giannis started playing basketball in 2007, Pascal only started in 2012... so Pascal's closed the gap from 5 years to 3! And he did everything he did last year as a number 2/3 option last year, not even the number one on the team! Here's to Pascal Ltd!!
        Last edited by NeedTristanThompson; Tue Jul 9, 2019, 04:00 PM.

Comment

• The only point in resigning this season is if you get a discount. He’s a restricted free agent next year. We’ll match any offer at that time.

I’m hoping 5 years for 125M. Is that low balling?

Comment

• NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post
            Here's to Pascal Ltd!!
            That’s actually pretty cool. He’s trending the right way, we just don’t know what the ceiling is. Do you pay him based on this season or what he might be in the future? I would think somewhere in between.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

That’s actually pretty cool. He’s trending the right way, we just don’t know what the ceiling is. Do you pay him based on this season or what he might be in the future? I would think somewhere in between.
              Masai is the master of these sorts of Contracts. Derozan extended for 4 years and $40M turned out to be an absolute steal; Jonas' extension turned out to worth it; FVV earned his extension; Norm perhaps not quite there but his contract also isn't absurd... I don't know what the number ends up being, but I expect we'll be pleased, based on Masai's track record.

Comment

2015-16 Giannis stats:
                G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% 2P 2PA 2P% eFG% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF Age
                80 79 35.3 6.4 12.7 .506 0.4 1.4 .257 6.1 11.3 .537 .520 3.7 5.1 .724 1.4 6.2 7.7 4.3 1.2 1.4 2.6 3.2 16.9
                2018-19 Pascal stats:
                80 79 31.9 6.5 11.8 .549 1.0 2.7 .369 5.5 9.1 .602 .591 3.0 3.8 .785 1.6 5.3 6.9 3.1 0.9 0.7 1.9 3.0 16.9
                Notice any similarities? And Pascal can already shoot. Yes they're roughly the same age unfortunately, but their third year seasons don't look so far apart and Pascal already has a good coach so maybe with that boost... MVP 2020-21 if not this upcoming season?!

Am I missing something?! Pascal Siakam's wingspan is 2.22 meters, Giannis' is 2.21, but Giannis is 2.11 meters tall while Pascal is 2.06.

Pascal is as hard a worker as Giannis if not an even harder worker. And while Giannis started playing basketball in 2007, Pascal only started in 2012... so Pascal's closed the gap from 5 years to 3! And he did everything he did last year as a number 2/3 option last year, not even the number one on the team! Here's to Pascal Ltd!!
                There are a lot of similarities. The one think about Giannis that stands out to me is his attitude. He came into the league with that mean/anger/I'm the best player swagger which drives him. Pascal is generally all smiles and good will towards all.

Comment

2015-16 Giannis stats:
                  2018-19 Pascal stats:

that's optimistic but Giannis transformed his body into a machine in the years that followed. I think Pascal doesn't have as much room to grow physically

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                    The only point in resigning this season is if you get a discount. He’s a restricted free agent next year. We’ll match any offer at that time.

I’m hoping 5 years for 125M. Is that low balling?
                    This is about what I'd be hoping to get him on. But mostly summer 2021 is where we will be tight for cap space, so if we can get that season at 25M, we can let the rest of the contract rise as much as it can to increase total money committed.

So:

27.17M
                    25M
                    27.17M
                    29.34M
                    31.51M (PO)

That's 5/140M.

Obviously lower is better, but I'd be pretty pleased with that sort of contract.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Masai is the master of these sorts of Contracts. Derozan extended for 4 years and $40M turned out to be an absolute steal; Jonas' extension turned out to worth it; FVV earned his extension; Norm perhaps not quite there but his contract also isn't absurd... I don't know what the number ends up being, but I expect we'll be pleased, based on Masai's track record.
                      Correct me if im wrong but i thought it was colangelo who gave derozen that extention? At the time everyone thought it was an overpay.
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Correct me if im wrong but i thought it was colangelo who gave derozen that extention? At the time everyone thought it was an overpay.
                        Yep, that was Colangelo. It proved to be bad in its own way, as Colangelo gave him a player option and he ended up getting his big raise early.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Touche. But Masai took that page out of Colangelo's book. All about the medium risk, high reward extensions.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Touche. But Masai took that page out of Colangelo's book. All about the medium risk, high reward extensions.
                            ya he also has shown that he likes to do the extention in the fall like he did with t Ross and jonas. so maybe we see him try to extend pascal in October. the t Ross extention was smart as we were able to move him for Ibaka

Comment

• Workout video season begins. Pascal is the king of getting the fanbase hyped for improvment. Those pull up 3s look nice. His stroke looks more clean and fluid in this vid

Comment

Workout video season begins. Pascal is the king of getting the fanbase hyped for improvment. Those pull up 3s look nice. His stroke looks more clean and fluid in this vid
                                I was waiting for someone to post this. I don't really know how to do it on my phone. I think the pull-up has to be faster and harder. He's kind of walking into it, he has to sell the drive a bit better. The stroke looks good though, and obviously if he can continue to improve the handle that would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X