X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Well if he wants the max you wait until he's an RFA and then just match any offer. I guess it really depends on what happens with Kawhi. If Kawhi leaves than give Pascal what he wants. If Kawhi stays you might want to wait a bit on the extension as I bet the luxury tax hit would become insane. In 2020 Masai would have more room to breathe with Ibaka, Gasol's and Lowry's contracts coming off the books.
    DanH wrote: View Post
    If Kawhi stays, you can hunt for a max contract to add to Kawhi, Siakam and OG in summer 2020. IF you don't give Siakam an extension, and keep his low cap hold on the books. THEN max him out in free agency after getting that other star.

If Kawhi doesn't stay, and Siakam continues developing into a star that could attract some talent to play beside him, you could have room for TWO max contracts beside him and OG. Again, IF you don't extend him and give him the max in FA instead.

So, either way, the Raptors should be waiting for summer 2020 to give Siakam his raise, even if that means the max.
    right on. i guess i was just answering a question that wasn't asked, which is whether he's worth a rookie max extension.

yes i think he is, and i think it's a deal that might age well

Leave a comment:

• Truth Teller
    replied
    Do you think Siakam would be this good if Demar was still here? Is it because Kawhi and Lowry are in-and-out of the lineup that allows him the thrive as the 2nd option and sometimes 1st option?

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    If Kawhi stays, you can hunt for a max contract to add to Kawhi, Siakam and OG in summer 2020. IF you don't give Siakam an extension, and keep his low cap hold on the books. THEN max him out in free agency after getting that other star.

If Kawhi doesn't stay, and Siakam continues developing into a star that could attract some talent to play beside him, you could have room for TWO max contracts beside him and OG. Again, IF you don't extend him and give him the max in FA instead.

So, either way, the Raptors should be waiting for summer 2020 to give Siakam his raise, even if that means the max.
    The other benefit of waiting is we could use Siakam in a potential trade to get a star (assuming one is available). Once he gets his extension you pretty much have to wait 6 months or so before you can use him in a trade.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Well if he wants the max you wait until he's an RFA and then just match any offer. I guess it really depends on what happens with Kawhi. If Kawhi leaves than give Pascal what he wants. If Kawhi stays you might want to wait a bit on the extension as I bet the luxury tax hit would become insane. In 2020 Masai would have more room to breathe with Ibaka, Gasol's and Lowry's contracts coming off the books.

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    3inthekeon wrote: View Post
    I-can't-remember-who asked for a comparison of a raw late 1st round pick who turned into something special. The only guess I saw posted was Jimmy Butler, but I think the guy he was thinking of was Rudy Gobert.
    First name that popped into my head as a player drafted late but went onto make a name for himself was Gilbert Arenas.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X