X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Yeah, but the narrative that “Raptors didn’t want Pascal anymore” is completely false. If he truly wanted to be like Tim Duncan and retire a Raptor, there was a clear path to do so.

Masai tested Pascal’s love for Toronto vs love for money, and nobody is surprised who won.
    You're preaching today!

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Grange said the Raptors final offer was 3 years, $125M. He said no and now he's a Pacer. $$$ spoke louder than his home. And I don't blame him for that. I probably would have made the same decision. Especially knowing that I could get traded any minute even if I did take less money.
    Yeah, but the narrative that “Raptors didn’t want Pascal anymore” is completely false. If he truly wanted to be like Tim Duncan and retire a Raptor, there was a clear path to do so.

Masai tested Pascal’s love for Toronto vs love for money, and nobody is surprised who won.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Grange said the Raptors final offer was 3 years, $125M. He said no and now he's a Pacer. $$$ spoke louder than his home. And I don't blame him for that. I probably would have made the same decision. Especially knowing that I could get traded any minute even if I did take less money.

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
    By the way, in that video, did he omit to thank Masai or Bobby?

Thinking about all of it:

So many what ifs are now running through my head:
    - What if Kawhi just stayed for 1 more season
    - What if there was no COVID and no lockdown
    - What if Kyle was not traded and they traded the understudy
    - What if they were able to nab KD without trading Scottie
    - What if he started strong this season, making high efficiency threes and nail his FTs, then as a team also just hovering around .500

Last question, was an offer ever been made and could he have accepted just a max if that was ever on the table?

It is not meant to be but man just listening to his main goal of ultimately staying and ending his career as a Raptor is a little heartbreaking

…yet me selfish self , blaming Masai for not trading him two years ago when his value was its highest

now I hate being a fan
    Lol dont be so hard on yourself. Ultimately it came down to money. If he wanted to play here for a certain amount he could have stayed. Even bron wade and bosh had to take cuts for team success. It aint easy lining up the ducks in the nba

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    By the way, in that video, did he omit to thank Masai or Bobby?

Thinking about all of it:

So many what ifs are now running through my head:
    - What if Kawhi just stayed for 1 more season
    - What if there was no COVID and no lockdown
    - What if Kyle was not traded and they traded the understudy
    - What if they were able to nab KD without trading Scottie
    - What if he started strong this season, making high efficiency threes and nail his FTs, then as a team also just hovering around .500

Last question, was an offer ever been made and could he have accepted just a max if that was ever on the table?

It is not meant to be but man just listening to his main goal of ultimately staying and ending his career as a Raptor is a little heartbreaking

…yet me selfish self , blaming Masai for not trading him two years ago when his value was its highest

now I hate being a fan

Leave a comment:

• Kagemusha
    replied
    Thanks Pascal.
    Much respect.
    Go get that chip!

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post

Be careful spreading false rumors.
    U don't know the whole story with Vince, your emphasizing what MEDIA was saying about Vince Carter at that time.
    Media was wrong and I can't believe u think that's what really happened.
    Do some research, this was more on management, ownership, media s&$% on Vince Carter.

Toronto Forever by Pascal Siakam

The Players’ Tribune

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...nba-basketball

Cool Tribute..
    whoa pardon me. sounds like you have some insider information so what happened?

Leave a comment:

• JawsGT
    replied
    Wow, great write up from Pascal. Gotta love the guy even more now. I think his jersey should be retired along with Lowry for sure. I'm a maybe on Demar, no for VC, Kawhi, Bosh and everyone else.

Leave a comment:

• The Claw Reborn
    replied
    Reading his full page message on the Tribune and watching this….damn I am getting emotional P….you are killing me right now

Thanks Champ !

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Yuri Gagarin wrote: View Post
    VC Im on the fence with. He was an ass likely faking injury and not trying. Admitted he didnt work off season because he was naturally gifted. Started thinking he was GM. Buuut people make mistakes. Babcock wasnt a Masai. Wonder what wudda been if he had someone like that. He changed basketball for Toronto and Canada. The many Canadians since that have been in the L because of him. How many leading all star voting years in a row.

thinking about this stuff Im reminded that each step for this franchise was huge. Sure can say the chip was pinnacle but man the celebration i had when we won our first playoff round va the knicks. It was like a fkn championship. Even those two wins against the bulls in the first two years were monumental. Again they were like championships. The Diamond Club put the raptors bulls game on simulcast on a big screen. The club was sold out packed both levels to watch a regular ssn game imagine that? And we beat jordan shudda seen that fkn place go off no less than the chip that party.

anyway ya for sure lowry, DD, Pascal amd maybe VC

and that was a nice letter from pascal and it should be a reminder like caseys letter to all the “no one wants to play here” people that we got a good thing going here and this is a top tier city to play in no fkn doubt
    Be careful spreading false rumors.
    U don't know the whole story with Vince, your emphasizing what MEDIA was saying about Vince Carter at that time.
    Media was wrong and I can't believe u think that's what really happened.
    Do some research, this was more on management, ownership, media s&$% on Vince Carter.

Toronto Forever by Pascal Siakam

The Players’ Tribune

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/po...nba-basketball

Cool Tribute..

Leave a comment:

• G____Deane
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

i think saying demar didn't accomplish anything is a bit of an uncharitable reading. conference finals ain't nothing and those pre-chip teams were really good. plus he's got all the career totals.

vince's argument is less about on-court accomplishments and more about off the court influence and putting the franchise on the map.

i tend to agree with you about kawhi
    Didn't mean to disrespect Demar, love the guy.
    I just think there is too much talk of retiring numbers everywhere.

Teams that have never had a great player feel the need to retire whoever was their best player purely for marketing purposes.
    Love Lowry too but if we had never won a chip, I'd say retire nobody....

Leave a comment:

• Yuri Gagarin
    replied
    VC Im on the fence with. He was an ass likely faking injury and not trying. Admitted he didnt work off season because he was naturally gifted. Started thinking he was GM. Buuut people make mistakes. Babcock wasnt a Masai. Wonder what wudda been if he had someone like that. He changed basketball for Toronto and Canada. The many Canadians since that have been in the L because of him. How many leading all star voting years in a row.

thinking about this stuff Im reminded that each step for this franchise was huge. Sure can say the chip was pinnacle but man the celebration i had when we won our first playoff round va the knicks. It was like a fkn championship. Even those two wins against the bulls in the first two years were monumental. Again they were like championships. The Diamond Club put the raptors bulls game on simulcast on a big screen. The club was sold out packed both levels to watch a regular ssn game imagine that? And we beat jordan shudda seen that fkn place go off no less than the chip that party.

anyway ya for sure lowry, DD, Pascal amd maybe VC

and that was a nice letter from pascal and it should be a reminder like caseys letter to all the “no one wants to play here” people that we got a good thing going here and this is a top tier city to play in no fkn doubt

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    chris wrote: View Post

do teams retire exec's jersey's? if so i agree with you he's a no brainer but i didn't know it was a thing.

pascal separates himself to me from demar and kawhi as a no brainer for being a long-time raptor who accomplished a lot individually but also was an invaluable contributor to the chip

kawhi was obviously the biggest contributor but also spurned the franchise and bolted for LA the first chance he got
    Jerry Krause name is up in the rafters of United Center. It's up there with MJ, Pippen, Love, Phil Jackson etc

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    what about Bosh?
    Who? The RuPaul of Big Men never played for Raptors. Didn't you hear his HoF speech?

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    what about Bosh?
    I'd put him in the "irrelevant" list.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X