Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Regular season success if fun, but it doesn't mean anything if you can't finish the job in the playoffs. Our best chance is to just keep beating the Bucks in the postseason and preventing them from reaching the finals. Giannis has gone on record that he want to win if Milwaukee but if he can't get a championship he would look to go somewhere he could win a championship and want the front office to put him in a position to win. I think the bucks made there first misstep choosing brook lopez and george hill over Brogdon.
    Look at how good Toronto is without Kawhi. Then look at bucks roster without giannis. That supporting cast is nothing special. I think theyd be the Detroits and the orlandos, scraping for 41 wins
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

Regular season success if fun, but it doesn't mean anything if you can't finish the job in the playoffs. Our best chance is to just keep beating the Bucks in the postseason and preventing them from reaching the finals. Giannis has gone on record that he want to win if Milwaukee but if he can't get a championship he would look to go somewhere he could win a championship and want the front office to put him in a position to win. I think the bucks made there first misstep choosing brook lopez and george hill over Brogdon.
      I hear you.. playoffs is what usually matters. But I've seen a few Buck games. They are so damn dominant when Giannis plays. And we don't have Kawhi anymore. Would be great if we continue to beat them and Giannis pulls a Durant. But I just think he's wired differently. He has no reason to leave a supermax contract. I think he'd rather try to beat us than play with us.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Look at how good Toronto is without Kawhi. Then look at bucks roster without giannis. That supporting cast is nothing special. I think theyd be the Detroits and the orlandos, scraping for 41 wins
        Yeah.. their second best player is probably journey man George Hill. But they are still so good when Giannis plays.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

I hear you.. playoffs is what usually matters. But I've seen a few Buck games. They are so damn dominant when Giannis plays. And we don't have Kawhi anymore. Would be great if we continue to beat them and Giannis pulls a Durant. But I just think he's wired differently. He has no reason to leave a supermax contract. I think he'd rather try to beat us than play with us.
          If he leaves, its for LA, Miami, New York, maybe Dallas, maybe Golden State, maybe Boston...

Toronto is a not a player. The sooner we accept this the easier it will be. And I'm an optimist around here, guys.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah.. their second best player is probably journey man George Hill. But they are still so good when Giannis plays.
            Ooof, you just went and done did Middleton dirty on that one

Comment

If he leaves, its for LA, Miami, New York, maybe Dallas, maybe Golden State, maybe Boston...

Toronto is a not a player. The sooner we accept this the easier it will be. And I'm an optimist around here, guys.
              It’s obviously good to have hope, but you can’t bank your franchise planning completely around a free agent. I trust that’s not what Masai is doing lol
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

It’s obviously good to have hope, but you can’t bank your franchise planning completely around a free agent. I trust that’s not what Masai is doing lol
                That's been New Yorks entire plan since Patrick Ewing left in 1999

Comment

That's been New Yorks entire plan since Patrick Ewing left in 1999
                  And a big thank you to the Knicks for showing everyone else how foolhardy it is
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

And a big thank you to the Knicks for showing everyone else how foolhardy it is
                    It's only a bad plan if you don't actually sign any good free agents.

Ask the 2010 Heat, 2014 Cavs and 2016 Warriors about how it works out if you get the guy you are after.

Masai shouldn't be betting the farm on signing Giannis. But he also should highly value the chance to do so, even if he needs to have contingencies in place.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The plan did end up working for both LA teams. The Lakers were a complete gong show and ended up with Lebron.. and then AD (not a free agent, but that would have happened regardless). The Clippers were less of a gong show, but ended up with Kawhi and George.

Toronto is a small market team when it comes to free agency. Masai has yet to get the whale. I mean he has but only via a trade.

The real test will be in 2021. We'll have cap space when stars will be available. The last time we had cap space like that.. we ended up with Hedo and then Carroll. Let's hope 2021 will be different.

Comment

I looks like we are banking on at least getting someone summer of 2021. Lowrys big 1 year extention points to that and masai has made a point of keeping the cap sheet clean. Giannis is obviously plan A, But there are also some pretty good plan Bs out there. Oladipo, Gorbert, and depending on what happens in L.A, AD, Kawhi and PG will all potentialy be free agents that summer. That summer is going to be like the last big cap sheet in 2016. If you have a clean sheet and are a winning program your going to have a pretty good shot at getting a top end talent. Hell i could be talked into a Oladipo, Siakam, FVV team being a favorite in the east.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

It's only a bad plan if you don't actually sign any good free agents.

Ask the 2010 Heat, 2014 Cavs and 2016 Warriors about how it works out if you get the guy you are after.

Masai shouldn't be betting the farm on signing Giannis. But he also should highly value the chance to do so, even if he needs to have contingencies in place.
                          So Lebron, Lebron, and Durant joining the Warriors dynasty. Not exactly examples of a "small market" attracting a superstar

Comment

Our track record in terms of attracting and signing tier 1 FA's is like mmm...The winning culture has improved our brand, but it ain't enough IMO to lure the biggest fish north of the border.

Comment

So Lebron, Lebron, and Durant joining the Warriors dynasty. Not exactly examples of a "small market" attracting a superstar
                              Toronto stops treating itself like a small market and the results will follow. Is essentially all Masai has been saying for years. I'd bet he thinks he can sign a guy.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Im in favour of playing above the cap. Keep the team solid and wait for the opportunity for a trade. Even if we lack the cap space, if giannis really wants to be here it can happen. Just sign and trade the guy. The bucks will play ball if giannis wants to go and they want to recoup something.

Comment

Working...
                                X