• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Sooooo...

Pascal>>>Giannis?

We'll know when they play together in Toronto in 2022

Comment

• I've been sayin this since day 1. Why are they not running the offence through him? If we still had Kawhi last night or even DeRozan I'm pretty sure the offence would run through them specially in the 4th, no?

Second, Siakam needs to assert himself more specially in CRUNCH TIME. It's like he didn't even want the ball.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I’ve been a huge fan of Kyle Lowry but I have to say that the Nova alum should realize now I mean now that this is already Pascal’s team. The only way Siakam fully develop is to give him the ball and expose him in high pressure situations.

We may not win it all but if this franchise is investing on no.43, Nick Nurse and Kyle Lowry have to buy in and fully trust the Cameroonian for richer and poorer. Let him bring the ball downcourt when it matters most and let him make the right decisions.

Comment

• The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post
          I’ve been a huge fan of Kyle Lowry but I have to say that the Nova alum should realize now I mean now that this is already Pascal’s team. The only way Siakam fully develop is to give him the ball and expose him in high pressure situations.

We may not win it all but if this franchise is investing on no.43, Nick Nurse and Kyle Lowry have to buy in and fully trust the Cameroonian for richer and poorer. Let him bring the ball downcourt when it matters most and let him make the right decisions.

I actually really like how they are developing Siakam. He's already proven he can be a 2nd option on a championship team which alone is pretty amazing considering how long he's been playing basketball.

He may never be a leader in the way Lowry is, but he definitely has to add more to his game before he can be a #1 on a contender. I'd love to see him develop a pull up jumper. The best players on offense have that in their bag of tools.

Comment

• Got to temper the Siakam expectations a bit. He's getting compared to Kawhi and Giannis in this thread. This is his first year as the leading scorer, Kawhi and Giannis weren't the players they are now for several years. It takes time. Siakam's progress has been amazing.

I agree with the goals, just need more patience in the timeline expectations.

This is actually a great situation for him to develop in with some vets around him and a winning environment. Very similar to how Kawhi was brought along in San Antonio.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
              Got to temper the Siakam expectations a bit. He's getting compared to Kawhi and Giannis in this thread. This is his first year as the leading scorer, Kawhi and Giannis weren't the players they are now for several years. It takes time. Siakam's progress has been amazing.

I agree with the goals, just need more patience in the timeline expectations.

This is actually a great situation for him to develop in with some vets around him and a winning environment. Very similar to how Kawhi was brought along in San Antonio.
              Exactly. Kawhi became elite in year 6, all world in year 8. Giannis became elite in year 5, all world in year 6. Pascal is in year 4 and better (offensively) than Kawhi was in year 4 and basically right where Giannis was.

Not saying he'll become either one of them, but anybody freaking out over a few quiet games is a little impatient to the process.
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Not sure if this has been talked about much around here, but if Masai does take a swing at Giannis in free agency and if he's successful, could there be any possible drawback to pairing Siakam and Giannis? Does Giannis move to C or does Siakam move to SF? Are their games too similar and would they crowd each other on offense?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  Not sure if this has been talked about much around here, but if Masai does take a swing at Giannis in free agency and if he's successful, could there be any possible drawback to pairing Siakam and Giannis? Does Giannis move to C or does Siakam move to SF? Are their games too similar and would they crowd each other on offense?
                  The way things are heading by 2021 Giannis may be an over sized center
                  To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Would we be viewed as a team to beat if we had DeRozan as the second/third option to Pascal?

Comment

Not sure if this has been talked about much around here, but if Masai does take a swing at Giannis in free agency and if he's successful, could there be any possible drawback to pairing Siakam and Giannis? Does Giannis move to C or does Siakam move to SF? Are their games too similar and would they crowd each other on offense?
                      I assume they would focus more on developing Siskams outside game. His strength is finishing around the rim and running the floor. His mid range and 3 would have to get better for then to be the perfect match.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                        Would we be viewed as a team to beat if we had DeRozan as the second/third option to Pascal?
                        Nope.

Comment

• Giannis is a stud. You try to make it work and if you can't you trade Siakam. It's pretty simple. But I do agree that the best type of talent to surround Siakam with is a dominant wing/guard that can play on the perimeter. Someone like Beal would be fantastic. A healthy Dipo would as well. These guys would take the pressure off of Siakam offensively but won't get in Siakam's way either.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                            Would we be viewed as a team to beat if we had DeRozan as the second/third option to Pascal?
                            No, but the general idea is right: Raps need some more firepower.

Comment

• You gotta ask yourself I DeRozan is capable of being a 2nd/3rd option on a team. Event with the Spurs the offense somewhat revolves around him as the first or one of two first options.

Comment

You gotta ask yourself I DeRozan is capable of being a 2nd/3rd option on a team. Event with the Spurs the offense somewhat revolves around him as the first or one of two first options.
                                Because on that team he is the only player that can create for himself, he is the first option

Comment

Working...
                                X