Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

We don't need Gobert. All of our core pieces are good defenders. We need more prime time offense, but not a 1 way player at the sacrifice of our identity. After Giannis and young franchise players, not too many fit that bill. Holiday and Oladipo are the 2 that I think we could get here in the next year or 2

again, short of Giannis
    let's see how he recovers next year but oladipo looks poised to become one of the worst contracts in the league i think.

agreed on gobert, we have good defenders and he can't hit a three.

i'm not enamored with any of the non-kawhi/non-giannis 2021 free agents. maybe josh richardson? he has a team option for 10 million i imagine he'll decline. he looked like the second-best sixer in the celtics series. two way player that can shoot and create his own shot to some extent.

Comment

We don't need Gobert. All of our core pieces are good defenders. We need more prime time offense, but not a 1 way player at the sacrifice of our identity. After Giannis and young franchise players, not too many fit that bill. Holiday and Oladipo are the 2 that I think we could get here in the next year or 2

again, short of Giannis
      Yeah I don't think tying up so much money at C is a great approach anymore. You need your talent on the wings. An athletic C who hustles and has just enough of a shot to keep the defence honest is plenty. Even then, got a feeling with the bar Houston is setting we're going to have more and more teams moving away from playing any kind of C a lot of the time anyway. 5 wing players is the future.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

again, short of Giannis
        thats what I am thinking.. I do think Jrue is another option but i'd rather oladipo honestly...

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Yeah I don't think tying up so much money at C is a great approach anymore. You need your talent on the wings. An athletic C who hustles and has just enough of a shot to keep the defence honest is plenty. Even then, got a feeling with the bar Houston is setting we're going to have more and more teams moving away from playing any kind of C a lot of the time anyway. 5 wing players is the future.
          i mean isn't the whole point to get giannis to play center

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

i mean isn't the whole point to get giannis to play center
            Not full time
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Not full time
              fair enough but why not....

Comment

• Something tells me he could have used a few more reps during the break.

Comment

• Maybe before game 7, they have to do a few reps of “game-like simulation” with him shooting the ball on top of the three point line and finishing to the basket (most of his close range shots are either short or not able to use the right angle when he utilizes the back board).

But most Definitely in the offseason.

Pascal is a rhythm type of player, the 4 month hiatus may have disrupted that flow.

Comment

• Congrats to Spicy for making 2nd team All NBA!

Hopefully the embarrassment of his bubble play gets him to work on his game this offseason so he can come back stronger next season.

Comment

• Good on Pascal. Westbrook being on the Third Team is hilarious

Also, the fact that Lowry is gonna retire with only one All-NBA nod is a travesty
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                        Good on Pascal. Westbrook being on the Third Team is hilarious

Also, the fact that Lowry is gonna retire with only one All-NBA nod is a travesty
                        Kyle has been a top 10 guy in the league for the last 7 years, and he only gets recognized for it once. What a shame.

Comment

And no all defense. There was a push for him to make it on of the two all defense teams this year, and no.

Anyway, Siakam joins Vince Carter, Chris Bosh and Demar Derozan as 1x 2nd team selections. We have never had a 1st team all star.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

That basically describes Lowry's career. He does a lot of things that don't appear in box scores, but he is still one of the most impactful players of the decade.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post

let's see how he recovers next year but oladipo looks poised to become one of the worst contracts in the league i think.

agreed on gobert, we have good defenders and he can't hit a three.

i'm not enamored with any of the non-kawhi/non-giannis 2021 free agents. maybe josh richardson? he has a team option for 10 million i imagine he'll decline. he looked like the second-best sixer in the celtics series. two way player that can shoot and create his own shot to some extent.
                              you mean a player option???

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

you mean a player option???
                                yes sorry i meant player option. imagine his market would be higher than that

Comment

Working...
                                X