Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    I think it's safe to say that Pascal has benefited greatly from the ball movement culture reset. Check out his AST%.

That's a huge increase, which probably doesn't happen if we are still running last year's offense where he's just making hand-offs or 3 ft passes back to our guards to reset the offense. Pascal has also been on the the receiving end of more passes, and he's being allowed to take a ton of 3's, even though he's missing most of them. Culture reset is real.
    Makes you wonder what past teams would have looked like.

Happy to see these guys improve.

Comment

For some reason DeMar doesn't think this guy is fast. Strange because he always seems like the quickest big man on the floor every time I watch him

Comment

tDotted wrote: View Post
        For some reason DeMar doesn't think this guy is fast. Strange because he always seems like the quickest big man on the floor every time I watch him
        Link?

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
          Link?
          https://youtu.be/YCSPTQ2hv_k

2:35 ish

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            He's definitely had a great stretch, but there were also a lot of fans crowing about how great TRoss was (and how he was better than DeMar) whenever he had a good stretch too. I'm rooting for Pascal to make a fool out of me, but consistency over the course of a full season is really important.
            This is the thing with calls for JV or Ibaka to lose their starting spots to Poeltl, OG, etc. It takes more than one run of games for a young guy to leapfrog a career starter.

There was also a history of calls for Powell to start, 15 games into that and he's ready for the bench apparently.

There aren't absolutes - if you have a really good young guy, you get him playing time, but you also don't fiddle with your starting lineup constantly and you don't embarrass/alienate your vets, either. A lot of basketball seniority has to do with years of resume building and it doesn't get upended every 6 weeks.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

They framed it by asking him where Pascal stacks up among the fastest guys in the league like Russell Westbrook and John Wall. I don't know anyone who in their right mind would say Pascal belongs with those guys.

He differentiated between "fast" (like Westbrook and Wall) and "running extremely hard", which I think is a great distinction if you're going to compare guards to bigs.

If they'd said, how fast is he relative to other bigs I think his answer would have been different.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                They framed it by asking him where Pascal stacks up among the fastest guys in the league like Russell Westbrook and John Wall. I don't know anyone who in their right mind would say Pascal belongs with those guys.

He differentiated between "fast" (like Westbrook and Wall) and "running extremely hard", which I think is a great distinction if you're going to compare guards to bigs.

If they'd said, how fast is he relative to other bigs I think his answer would have been different.
                Yeah Siakam typically plays with the highest energy on the court, not sure I'd say he is the fastest guy on the court though. Being the hardest worker on the court made people think Delly and Faried were good, so normally I would say be cautions, but I think Siakam will develop the skills and awareness to be a very good player.

Comment

He's probably the quickest Raptor big I've ever seen.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

He is really damn fast in the amount of time it takes him to get down the floor. Last game he literally was the ball defender at the rim in his own end, then broke free for a fast break score at the other end. He literally outran 9 guys and got a layup. I'd bet he can do that faster than a 6'2" guy.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Pascal needs to do this every time he scores on fast break. lol. Looks a little bit like this guy, too....

Comment

• Pascal has hustle speed. That's my favorite kind. It's more consistent.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Yeah, generally NBA "fast" refers to open court speed with the ball in your hands. Pascal is pretty clearly an amazing sprinter for his size/position, and this is enhanced by his world-class motor and endurance.

Comment

• pretty good d on durant last night in the second half.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                              pretty good d on durant last night in the second half.
                              Yeah.. KD hit some tough 3's in his face, but that's KD. Overall he did a fantastic job. And OG the other night against Lebron. The future is bright for these kids.

Siakam just needs to figure out the corner 3.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Siakam just needs to figure out the corner 3.
                                Siakam needs to figure out more then corner 3. He won't get any minutes come playoffs if he can only mostly score in fast break in transition.

Comment

Working...
                                X