No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• of all the young guys on the team, pascal is the most intriguing for me.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
      of all the young guys on the team, pascal is the most intriguing for me.
      I don't know if I can pick, but yeah.

If Pascal can develop a 3 pointer and some heads up awareness on his dribble, he'll be unbelievable. He can handle the ball but he's pretty out of control dribbling anywhere near traffic right now, doesn't read and react very quickly.

Poeltl has tons of potential too, he plays within himself so much right now but he's going to get stronger as he fills out. He also limits his offence right now, really curious what he's capable of as he develops at that end.

FVV is interesting because he's a young guy with an old man's game. Usually young guys come in with tons of athleticism and become better players as they learn the things FVV already brings. That makes me wonder how much room for improvement he has. He also really plays within himself right now, though.

All three guys are definitely going to be starters.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

of all the young guys on the team, pascal is the most intriguing for me.
        OG is still the most intriguing for me.

High BBIQ + can shoot the 3 + defend + strength+ Athleticism and he is just 20 years old.

One full healthy summer working with the coaching staff in the BioSteal is going to do wonders to his confidence and game play.

Comment

• One key difference right now for me is that Pascal has handles and OG does not. That's a big skill. DD figured out how to dribble so in theory that's a skill OG can develop. But that's a lot harder to learn than it is to shoot in my opinion.

Defensively OG is better.. a lot calmer and seems to have a nose for it. Pascal can be a bit wild but is still really good with his length and quickness. But offensively Siakam has the higher ceiling.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
            One key difference right now for me is that Pascal has handles and OG does not. That's a big skill. DD figured out how to dribble so in theory that's a skill OG can develop. But that's a lot harder to learn than it is to shoot in my opinion.

Defensively OG is better.. a lot calmer and seems to have a nose for it. Pascal can be a bit wild but is still really good with his length and quickness. But offensively Siakam has the higher ceiling.
            I disagree. OG is a much better shooter, 3 years younger. Does Siakam have better handles? Well sure, for a 23 year old in year 2 he's a little better. OG is stronger and also improved huge from year 1 to 2 in college.
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              I disagree. OG is a much better shooter, 3 years younger. Does Siakam have better handles? Well sure, for a 23 year old in year 2 he's a little better. OG is stronger and also improved huge from year 1 to 2 in college.
              His handles are a lot better.. to the point where you could ask Siakam to be a point forward.

It's like arguing which of your kids are better. I like them both. I just think that Siakam (despite being 3 years older) is going to be better offensively than OG will ever be.

Comment

• I don't believe Siakam handles are that much better then OG. Siakam needs space to operate so he can use his speed and length to move the ball quickly but in tighter spaces he easily gets the ball stripped away. OG on the other hand uses his strength and footwork in the painted area, able to keep players from stripping away the ball better then Siakam but not much in the open court.

Both players could use improving their handles.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  His handles are a lot better.. to the point where you could ask Siakam to be a point forward.

It's like arguing which of your kids are better. I like them both. I just think that Siakam (despite being 3 years older) is going to be better offensively than OG will ever be.
                  Just watching both of them bring the ball up the court, it's like night and day lol. I love OG but you don't want him handling the ball ever unless it's a straight line drive. Siakam on the other hand has good control over the ball, he just needs to improve his decision making to avoid running into traffic (but if he starts hitting 3s, driving lanes will be a lot more open for him).

But to be fair, Pascal only added that part of his game this season. If OG keeps putting in work, this could be a different discussion.
                  Last edited by tDotted; Wed Feb 28, 2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                    Just watching both of them bring the ball up the court, it's like night and day lol. I love OG but you don't want him handling the ball ever unless it's a straight line drive. Siakam on the other hand has good control over the ball, he just needs to improve his decision making to avoid running into traffic (but if he starts hitting 3s, driving lanes will be a lot more open for him).

But to be fair, Pascal only added that part of his game this season. If OG keeps putting in work, this could be a different discussion.
                    I don't think there is really an "if"

In fact its becoming commonplace around this teams culture post-Bruno. Work ethic and character
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Unless you think OG can be a go to guy and/or PnR ball handler, I think Pascal has the highest upside. And OG may very well develop the skills necessary to be successful in those scenarios, which would be awesome. But there aren't many guys in the league at PF that can do some of the things that Pascal does right now with his speed, athleticism, aggressiveness, dribbling and passing ability. He's gotta be more physical on the defensive glass and if he learns to shoot the 3 consistently, then his ceiling gets a hell of alot higher.

The fact that these young guys are able to learn, develop, and contribute meaningful minutes while the team is discreetly destroying 90% of the league is just friggin awesome.

Comment

Unless you think OG can be a go to guy and/or PnR ball handler, I think Pascal has the highest upside. And OG may very well develop the skills necessary to be successful in those scenarios, which would be awesome. But there aren't many guys in the league at PF that can do some of the things that Pascal does right now with his speed, athleticism, aggressiveness, dribbling and passing ability. He's gotta be more physical on the defensive glass and if he learns to shoot the 3 consistently, then his ceiling gets a hell of alot higher.

The fact that these young guys are able to learn, develop, and contribute meaningful minutes while the team is discreetly destroying 90% of the league is just friggin awesome.
                        I think OG is on his way to becoming the 3rd option on this team. He's only 20 and once he puts in real work on that offensive game we're going to see a whole new player.

Comment

• If Pascal can learn to shoot the three. Sky is the limit.
                          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Zach Lowe had some high praise for Siakam on his pod. Said he's definitely going to be an all-star if he gets a consistent jumpshot.

Comment

• as an athelete siakam is the best, over all though OG is our best wing prospect.

Comment

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
                                Zach Lowe had some high praise for Siakam on his pod. Said he's definitely going to be an all-star if he gets a consistent jumpshot.
                                Siakam's motor is one of the best I've seen among NBA bigs and is a pest defensively. He has the speed, height, and strength to guard anyone 3-5 and would become a stretch big if he can get a consistent jump shot. AKA he would be an Ibaka that's stronger and moves better

Comment

Working...
                                X