No announcement yet.

Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am super curious if there is a direct correlation on being a fan of Derozan and Siakam.

Both are Drew League standouts. Both blossomed under the tutelage of Casey. Both are hardworking.

Unfortunately, both are horrendous three point shooters as well as BBIQ are the poorest.

I however wish that Siakam prioritize his defense.

Down the road I just hope that Ujiri will not overpay the limited ceiling just like what he has done for Mr. Derozan.

But IMO this early in Siakam’s career Ujiri should realize that this kind of player AIN’T untouchable. Derozan before was deemed as someone who they can build a team around. Regular season success is meaningless. Players in this kind of mold will not take any team that far, we already know that by now.

Comment

• I also find it Super hilarious the same fans of Derozan are pegging Siakam as the next Draymond Green. I suspect (blink blink) seeing Siakam dominate the Drew League could be the reason.

Drew League is creating a fantasy for these kind of fans. I really find it disgraceful for this kind of tournament to exist and why players would participate in that level of competition.

Steve Kerr is gnashing his teeth just the tought of Klay, Curry and Green joining that league just to get a sweat during the offseason. Lol.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
        I'd say Hakeem.. Hakeem had his foot work down because he was a soccer player growing up.. but his work in the post was developed at a late age.
        Hakeem was a dominant franchise player as an NBA rookie at the same age Siakam came into the league with no real skills.

I get what you're saying, but I think the age point isn't being considered enough. There is a big difference between developing skills at ages 17-21 then there is in developing them from ages 21-25. Hakeem didn't need to develop anymore when he came into the league.

Siakam was an "old" prospect by today's standards, with no obviously eilte skills at all, and he played in a crappy conference in college.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Hakeem was a dominant franchise player as an NBA rookie at the same age Siakam came into the league with no real skills.

I get what you're saying, but I think the age point isn't being considered enough. There is a big difference between developing skills at ages 17-21 then there is in developing them from ages 21-25. Hakeem didn't need to develop anymore when he came into the league.

Siakam was an "old" prospect by today's standards, with no obviously eilte skills at all, and he played in a crappy conference in college.

Not the same kind of skills involved, but Hassan Whiteside is always a good example of rawness being refined later than usual. Ben Wallace another late bloomer. Rodman another. Mutumbo yet another.

Lot of defensive guys on the late bloomer list apparently.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            Not the same kind of skills involved, but Hassan Whiteside is always a good example of rawness being refined later than usual. Ben Wallace another late bloomer. Rodman another. Mutumbo yet another.

Whiteside is still raw. He hasn't improved his skill set. He was a skinny kid who roided out and got big. And he caught on with Miami and suddenly stopped getting as many fouls against him (he could foul out of every game).

The other guys didn't really develop skills either, just were older when they got opportunities.

Now Pascal could plateau at any time, but yeah, guys who come into the league at his age rarely change much and he's already made significant improvement offensively.

Comment

Bruce Bowen. He was pretty shit for about 5-6 seasons before figuring it out with the Spurs.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                Bruce Bowen. He was pretty shit for about 5-6 seasons before figuring it out with the Spurs.
                Yeah they taught him how to shoot so he could stay on the floor and not be a total liability on O.

Shooting generally tends to be the easiest skill to develop even later on, at least for most players.

*Hopefully that will be true of Pascal. With an improved shot he could start on a lot of teams.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jul 17, 2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Whiteside is still raw. He hasn't improved his skill set. He was a skinny kid who roided out and got big. And he caught on with Miami and suddenly stopped getting as many fouls against him (he could foul out of every game).

The other guys didn't really develop skills either, just were older when they got opportunities.

Now Pascal could plateau at any time, but yeah, guys who come into the league at his age rarely change much and he's already made significant improvement offensively.

I'd hazard a guess that Pascal was more skilled coming into the league that we got to see as he was playing a limited roll as a rookie. Don't forget how many games he started that year. When do you think he picked up the nickname P-skills?

Comment

I'd hazard a guess that Pascal was more skilled coming into the league that we got to see as he was playing a limited roll as a rookie. Don't forget how many games he started that year. When do you think he picked up the nickname P-skills?
                    He had ample opportunity to show more than he did, so I dont think I can buy that. His dribble was barely functional and very out of control in terms of decision making. He wasn't even as polished at finishing near the rim. He clearly puts in a ton of work. Even his shot(which still needs a lot of work) was a lot better this year, and got better as the year went on.

In his rookie year his run outs in transition was the only reliable skill he showed. He did get a bit better with D-league reps, but coming in he was very raw.

Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Jul 17, 2018, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah they taught him how to shoot so he could stay on the floor and not be a total liability on O.

Shooting generally tends to be the easiest skill to develop even later on, at least for most players.

*Hopefully that will be true of Pascal. With an improved shot he could start on a lot of teams.

I didn't develop a 3 pt shot until I hit 66.

Comment

He had ample opportunity to show more than he did, so I dont think I can buy that. His dribble was barely functional and very out of control in terms of decision making. He wasn't even as polished at finishing near the rim. He clearly puts in a ton of work. Even his shot(which still needs a lot of work) was a lot better this year, and got better as the year went on.

In his rookie year his run outs in transition was the only reliable skill he showed. He did get a bit better with D-league reps, but coming in he was very raw.

Sure, I get all that. But you have to take into account the leap from wherever the hell he was playing to starting on a playoff team. There are going to be a lot of things you've been working on that you're just not going to pull out when first playing up a level like that. It's commonplace for rookies to look uni-dimensional before making the adjustment (if they can).

Comment

• Please still be a Raptor after the trade... please still be a Raptor after the trade...
                          your pal,
                          ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                            Please still be a Raptor after the trade... please still be a Raptor after the trade...
                            Check.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I am SUPER glad that both OG and Siakam are still with the Raps after the Kawhi trade. I get the video is just guys horsing around but we haven't seen those pskills moves on the court except very rarely and I really think Casey held the dude back....

Comment

• I for one am hoping to see Pascal Start at the 4 spot. The bench would have nice flexabilty with Serge a 5/4, OG a 3/4, Delon a 1/2, add in FVV and CJ Miles and that is a solid 9 man rotation. If Norm can get his head out of his ass and we find another decent big, I will be happy to watch this team play.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X