Everything Pascal Siakam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WJF wrote: View Post
    I for one am hoping to see Pascal Start at the 4 spot. The bench would have nice flexabilty with Serge a 5/4, OG a 3/4, Delon a 1/2, add in FVV and CJ Miles and that is a solid 9 man rotation. If Norm can get his head out of his ass and we find another decent big, I will be happy to watch this team play.
    Not mentioned anywhere I've seen but at this point it looks like Serge is backup 5, no? Only returning center at this point is JV, any I imagine Masai picks up a minimum guy, but for the most part minutes must be going to JV and Serge right?

I could see Pascal, Serge, Miles, OG all sharing time at the 4 spot.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
      Not mentioned anywhere I've seen but at this point it looks like Serge is backup 5, no? Only returning center at this point is JV, any I imagine Masai picks up a minimum guy, but for the most part minutes must be going to JV and Serge right?

I could see Pascal, Serge, Miles, OG all sharing time at the 4 spot.
      Not Miles. If anything Kawhi might get a few minutes here and there in smaller lineups. I don't want Miles guarding anyone who might have some kind of power/post game.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        Not Miles. If anything Kawhi might get a few minutes here and there in smaller lineups. I don't want Miles guarding anyone who might have some kind of power/post game.
        Yeah I would throw Kawhi in there too. Was mentioning Miles more as a situational guy. Just like Siakam could get some situational minutes at the 5. Woudn't want any of those guys out of position like that for long stretches though.

Comment

• Comment

• Is there a player on this current roster that could put the Raptors over the top more than Siakam? We know what to expect if we get a healthy and motivated Kawhi, and obviously he's going to be the best player hands down. But if Siakam comes back with the ability to shoot 3's, and can play some minutes at 4/5...man the possibilities. If I'm the Raptors I'm really focusing on his development.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
              Is there a player on this current roster that could put the Raptors over the top more than Siakam? We know what to expect if we get a healthy and motivated Kawhi, and obviously he's going to be the best player hands down. But if Siakam comes back with the ability to shoot 3's, and can play some minutes at 4/5...man the possibilities. If I'm the Raptors I'm really focusing on his development.
              Yeah I agree. Need 2 of Ibaka/Pascal/JV to be consistently real good for the team to be contenders imo. Raps can throw some small ball lineups out there and be real good, but if those three, specifically Pascal and JV step up, I think Raps could be special.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                Is there a player on this current roster that could put the Raptors over the top more than Siakam? We know what to expect if we get a healthy and motivated Kawhi, and obviously he's going to be the best player hands down. But if Siakam comes back with the ability to shoot 3's, and can play some minutes at 4/5...man the possibilities. If I'm the Raptors I'm really focusing on his development.
                Siakam + OG. I'm hoping for noticeable improvements from both guys.

As much as I loved last year's "Bench Mob", I want to see Nurse hammer down a legit 8 (maybe 9) man rotation on most nights.

Comment

• I expect Pascal to make a big jump this year, hopefully he improved his jumpers. I cringe each time he shoots a three
                  Last edited by Spark; Mon Jul 30, 2018, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Siakam + OG. I'm hoping for noticeable improvements from both guys.

As much as I loved last year's "Bench Mob", I want to see Nurse hammer down a legit 8 (maybe 9) man rotation on most nights.
                    Yeah, those two are big keys to how good this team can be. If somehow Siakam can take over the starting PF role from Serge it would be huge for this team going forward.

I have to admit though, I was pretty disappointed how poorly Pascal defended LeBron in the playoffs. He has the size, speed and athleticism to make things difficult on LBJ, but the mental game isn't there yet to defend the top players

Comment

• Hard to envision the rotation getting down to a steady 8-9. We have 10 guys who should be playing every night. 11 if you count Norm, and 12 if you count whoever they sign as backup C (who mostly won't play due to Ibaka eating up C minutes).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                        Hard to envision the rotation getting down to a steady 8-9. We have 10 guys who should be playing every night. 11 if you count Norm, and 12 if you count whoever they sign as backup C (who mostly won't play due to Ibaka eating up C minutes).
                        Lowry
                        Green
                        Kawhi
                        Ibaka
                        Jonas

Freddy
                        OG
                        Siakam
                        Delon

Miles is a nice piece when he's on, but I could live with him out of the rotation if it means the above 9's minutes are prioritized.

But I admit, it's a great problem to have.

Comment

• pskillz

Comment

• New age PF
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Awesome. Pascal's got waaaay more crafty in his game than Powell and OG combined. Eventually that's going to translate to the NBA in the next 2-3 years. He's gonna be good.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Awesome. Pascal's got waaaay more crafty in his game than Powell and OG combined. Eventually that's going to translate to the NBA in the next 2-3 years. He's gonna be good.
                                I don't even think it will take that long.

Pascal Siakam is gonna be the long sought after answer at power forward, and our best since Chris Bosh left.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X